Truck Friendly Wal-mart

BigRed32771

Expert Expediter
I recently stopped at the Wal-Mart in Hope AR and found it to be a truck friendly place. While they do have some barricades to keep trucks out of the main parking lot, there is a special place right next to the "Murphy Express" gas station which is set up especially for trucks. Instead of the regular asphalt in the main lot, this area is poured concrete and is striped off for long vehicles. There is a sign directing "Bobtails and RV's" to the area but I saw a number of t/t's in it while I was there. It is easy access, with a swing around drive that places you into the slots facing back out toward the entrance/exit you just came through. I spoke to someone in Customer Service to express my appreciation for the thought they had given to our needs, and promised I would spread the word about this location which obviously intends to welcome our business.

If you're on I-30 in AR and need to visit Wallyworld, I recommend this as a place to take your business.

Doug

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
I've only had one incident with Wally. In Greer, SC, the the overnight "bus patrol" informed me that Walmart had a corporate no-idle policy. It was a sticky summer night and I had let my truck run as I went inside to shop. Unfortunately, my shih-tzu pup cannot shop with us, so I was attempting to keep him comfortable in the A/C.