TriState lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitewolf

Seasoned Expediter
A group of O/O contact me today.They want to file a lawsuit against TriState for Breach of contract. I know they are right, TriState don't have any respect for people they work with. They treat us like their employees. And another issue is how they pay..it suppose to send us proof of how much they get paid I'm still waiting for that proof..I'm tired about have (supervisor) threating me any time I have to turn down a load. I'm not their employee...They don't realize we are doing the best we can to survive and I did nothing wrong in years I just did my job and I respect any contract between me and the company I worked for...What we asked is respect
Please message me if you want to join us....

Last edited by a moderator:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
This poster has disparaged FedEx, then Bolt, then TriState - wow!
Maybe the carriers aren't the problem, eh?

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
How was the contract breached? What part of their contractual obligations did they not fulfill? They may be struggling to survive, but that's irrelevant unless there are specific violations to which your group can point. I doubt there are any clauses requiring them to show their drivers the "proper respect". However, changing the compensation to a percentage basis allows them to lowball rates to customers in order to secure business at any cost. Do you know what the charges really are, and are you getting the proper percentage? These might be causes for legal action, but leave "not getting any respect" to Rodney Dangerfield.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I doubt a judge would allow this to go as a group lawsuit, if at all. The best thing for these people to do is be advised by the OOIDA and their lawyers.

Is it me or am I seeing more discontent among these smaller carrier people in the last few weeks?

Last edited:

Zoli

Veteran Expediter
The true is that is a huge difference between TriState and for example Panther dispatch . If you refuse a load for Panther, the dispatch says 'thank you'. In same case TriState dispatch is very rude .

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
I doubt a judge would allow this to go as a group lawsuit, if at all. The best thing for these people to do is be advised by the OOIDA and their lawyers.

Is it me or am I seeing more discontent among these smaller carrier people in the last few weeks?

I think it's more about discontentment with this poster. He started the bashing with Fedex. Yesterday he started a thread accusing Bolt of misconduct, and today it's Tri-State. Not even sure if he is an O/O.

Sounds like truckstop talk to me.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
in our short stay with tstate they did do a few hinky things. then there was always the fact that the contract says they operate a no forced dispach but they have that 8hr timeout as we use to call it. i guess it was all up to interpretation. as far as dispachers go, yes some were very rude others very nice and some just plain stupid. but isnt that the case just about everywhere. carriers are what they are. they need to cover loads. it is up to us to choose yes or know. never let them make your choices for you.

Wingnut

Seasoned Expediter
WHITEWOLF: You've done nothing but bad mouth tri-state for months and I for one am sick of it. If you are that unhappy with tristate then why on earth are you still on with them??? You make no sense whatsoever. Not too long ago, you claimed that you were receiving 'threats' from people and I told you to contact me with the names/phone #'s,/and all info regarding these alledged 'threats' and to date, you haven't given me anything. Once again, I am going to put you on the spot by asking you to give me the names of these alledged o/o's' who you're claiming contacted you to start a lawsuit.
Why don't you answer this for all of us: Have you bothered to take your concerns/problems to anyone at tristate and if so, who are they? Unlike some carriers, tristate does NOT hide behond their phone/desk. They WILL talk to you either in person or on the phone. Have you bothered to take the time to go to tristate in person to talk to them?

Status
Not open for further replies.