Tornadoes in Texas

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
Just saw live images in Texas, and saw a Panther T/T get sucked up like it was a Kleenex.

Image was blurry, and I couldn't make it out whether or not it was on the ground. There were several trucks lined up, almost like they were set on rail cars. Way too blurry to make out, but the Cat logo stuck out.

I pray everyone's okay.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
That is factual. The trailer is currently laying in the middle of the Fort Worth freeway. Hope they are ok.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Schneider Terminal down off I20 just took a direct hit. Dozens of Orange Trailers tossed around like hot wheel cars. Quite a few of their trucks were thrown in the mix too....

The DFW area is is under 2 Tornado Warnings right now. High Winds and Heavy rain just passed over my shop here...it is dead still outside right now...and they say another tornado is trying to develop just west of me.

Soo....if this is my last post....remember me!!!:)

Nah...REALLY...If any of you are here in the DFW area...Click Here and watch the RADAR live just to be safe...OK!!

Dallas Weather Radar

Mdbtyhtr

Expert Expediter
Just talked to my brother in Frisco and the tornado sirens were going off. I watched tractor trailer trailers flipping hundreds of feet in the air like matchbox cars, and I haqve never seen anything like that in my life! 3 tornadoes on the ground now, be safe.

Prayers out to anyone affected...

Scott

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I believe it isn't too far from the J and T/A on 20 to the Schneider lot. They showed video of several orange trailers being sucked up and spun around 100-200 maybe even 300 feet in the air. It is extremely bad.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Wow, I hope that everyone is safe. We just got done mapping and contacting all of our units and everyone is safe. But the storms are not done down there.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
So far they are reporting no injuries which is a good thing.

idtrans

Expert Expediter
I just unloaded at dfw at 8am now sitting at my plano tx house watching the storms and smoking a cigar sitting on Lanai.

ps hey mxchete I'm sharpening my new Gerber gator machete.

bdmj989900

Seasoned Expediter
I saw another video with a panther trailer next to the interstate in the grass. Not sure if it's the same trailer in the video above. It's amazing how it just picked up the trailers and threw them around.

Jason2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
just came in to watch my local news and saw the tornado damage in Texas.glad everyone is ok.

they just announced on HLNnews that there is 110 airplanes damaged at DFW airport.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
The trailer belongs to Becky and Alan who live in Texas and had dropped their trailer off at Great Dane. They were not in Dallas when the tornadoes went through and they are OK.

They are still waiting to hear if there is anything left of their reefer trailer.

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Watched it all live from the house in McKinney, Tx north of Dallas, nothing bad here just rain and sirens.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
they just announced on HLNnews that there is 110 airplanes damaged at DFW airport.

???

I've been sitting here in my office with the TV on for hours now going back and forth from 4-5-8 & 11. No Reports of any major damage at DFW International. There were over 100 something "Cancellations" at the Airport. HLN just got it wrong. Most of the damage is concentrated in the southern parts of both Dallas & Tarrant counties.