Tony S. & AJ Foyt

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Well I personally am a firm believer that AJ Foyt still is the best racer to ever strap his butt in a race car. He won in everything he drove and wasn't afraid to tell you what he thought and even hold you by the shirt with his fist to make sure he had your attention. Hell even in his 60's he smacked down Arie L. He was and is a racer with no idea of what bein PC was about.

Well fast forward to now. Not everyone likes tony stewart, but he is cut from the same cloth as AJ, and as a matter of fact, they are very good friends. AJ had tony in one of his indy cars years ago. Now, Tony called AJ and while he didn't ask AJ's permission, he did ask AJ mined if he used the # 14 on his new team car next year. Aj was more then ok with it.

No matter what you think of tony, bein like AJ Foyt in more then a few ways, is pretty impressive..

Suds43

Seasoned Expediter
Tony and A.J.

First, both are hot heads, everything has to be their way or they throw a fit.

Second, Tony calls A.J. and askes if he minds if he uses the #14.....How nice.
It's not A.J.'s decision who runs that number. The only one that makes that decision is NASCAR. Put in your request, $1500, and it's yours. Plain and simple.
His "request" to A.J. was nothing more than a publicity stunt.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
And bucks!! An it's way too bad!!!

I've pretty much tossed in the towel on pro sports...baseball..football, never did like Basketball even hockey!!! Over paid bums the whole lot...

Now give me a good curling match!!!!