Fuel for Thought To Vaccinate or Not to Vaccinate - The COVID Saga Rages On. Part 3

chillout

Administrator
Staff member
On Time Media Staff

Welcome to Reality....

Now there is a new variant of the virus… again. The media is reporting that the current vaccine may not protect those who have gotten it from this new variant of the coronavirus. Are we to expect another round of vaccines for each new variant that surfaces? Or maybe just boosters?

Outbreaks of COVID-19 are starting to show up in some areas. Will we be forced to shutdown our country again? Will the people of this nation oblige another economic shutdown?

READ MORE...

Shotcallerj

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator

Welcome to Reality....

Now there is a new variant of the virus… again. The media is reporting that the current vaccine may not protect those who have gotten it from this new variant of the coronavirus. Are we to expect another round of vaccines for each new variant that surfaces? Or maybe just boosters?

Outbreaks of COVID-19 are starting to show up in some areas. Will we be forced to shutdown our country again? Will the people of this nation oblige another economic shutdown?

READ MORE...
It's actually kind of ironic. Companies are hurting for employees..... But then they impose things like vaccination requirements or mask mandates....

I think this is going to come to a head. Eventually companies are going to be hurting for workers and business that they will quietly rescind their requirements. For instance McDonald's.... They announced last week that they will be forcing all employees to get the covid shot. Yet many of their dining rooms are shut down because they don't have enough people to work registers. Not to mention the pay sucks as does the job. Not to mention since they did that I plan to make it a point to not purchase McDonald's until they recsind their order.

I'm curious if expedite/trucking companies are going to try to impose vaccination mandates. I mean companies are already hurting for company drivers, and contract drivers as well as owner operators are not employees..... not Subject to any mandate.

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's actually kind of ironic. Companies are hurting for employees..... But then they impose things like vaccination requirements or mask mandates....

I think this is going to come to a head. Eventually companies are going to be hurting for workers and business that they will quietly rescind their requirements. For instance McDonald's.... They announced last week that they will be forcing all employees to get the covid shot. Yet many of their dining rooms are shut down because they don't have enough people to work registers. Not to mention the pay sucks as does the job. Not to mention since they did that I plan to make it a point to not purchase McDonald's until they recsind their order.

I'm curious if expedite/trucking companies are going to try to impose vaccination mandates. I mean companies are already hurting for company drivers, and contract drivers as well as owner operators are not employees..... not Subject to any mandate.
A few companies have announced that their drivers would be required to be vaxxed by a certain date to remain employed. I haven't heard of contractors being required by carriers (yet), but customers can force the issue on carriers to do so. Shareholders will help make some choices for carriers and customers. Comply or revolt - the choice is yours.

Shotcallerj

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
A few companies have announced that their drivers would be required to be vaxxed by a certain date to remain employed. I haven't heard of contractors being required by carriers (yet), but customers can force the issue on carriers to do so. Shareholders will help make some choices for carriers and customers. Comply or revolt - the choice is yours.
Well, I would have no problem 86ing a contract if they tried that crap if I was still on the road. Do you know the names of companies that are requiring drivers to be vaccinated?

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, I would have no problem 86ing a contract if they tried that crap if I was still on the road. Do you know the names of companies that are requiring drivers to be vaccinated?
The only one that comes to mind is Tyson. It was for employee drivers. Not sure if unions would agree though. I haven't heard of any contractors being required yet.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
They announced last week that they will be forcing all employees to get the covid shot.
That's not true.

The mandate is only for the people who work in the McCopCo offices (McDonald's Corporation), mainly in Chicago, but at the other McCopCo offices, as well. It also applies to vendors and contractors who visit the corporate offices.

The mandate explicitly excludes any and all employees working at the corporate owned restaurant locations and all franchise locations. 93% of McDonald's restaurants are owned and operated by franchisees. Any vaccine mandate at a franchise location would have to come from the franchise owner, not McCopCo.

Reactions: danthewolf00

Shotcallerj

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's not true.

The mandate is only for the people who work in the McCopCo offices (McDonald's Corporation), mainly in Chicago, but at the other McCopCo offices, as well. It also applies to vendors and contractors who visit the corporate offices.

The mandate explicitly excludes any and all employees working at the corporate owned restaurant locations and all franchise locations. 93% of McDonald's restaurants are owned and operated by franchisees. Any vaccine mandate at a franchise location would have to come from the franchise owner, not McCopCo.
Ah ok, the reports I read was all US based employees would be required to get vaccinated. Thanks for making that clear.

However I am curious if they will eventually try toale all employees do so.