Title Town

flattop40

Expert Expediter
In the past decade what city would be considered having the overall best pro sports teams? football, baseball, basketball, hockey combined.

Here are my top 5.

Boston

Detroit

New York

Las Angeles

Cleavland & Chicago tie

Ok I guess 6 lol could not decide between the two:confused:

flattop40

Expert Expediter
why not?

I will start from the best to the worst.

red wings have won 4 cups in 11 years

pistons have been to confrence finals a ton and have won 1 championship

tigers went to world series 2 years ago and have been above 500 the last 3 years

and the lions........... well 3 out of 4 ain't bad

greg334

Veteran Expediter
why not?

I will start from the best to the worst.

red wings have won 4 cups in 11 years

pistons have been to confrence finals a ton and have won 1 championship

tigers went to world series 2 years ago and have been above 500 the last 3 years

and the lions........... well 3 out of 4 ain't bad

Well combined no, separate sort of like you hinted.

The lions will only break out of their cocoon when Ford croaks and the team is no longer used to offset the dynasties gains. Until that time, the lions will be mediocre at best and subject to all kinds of meddling.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
you can't include all sports to find a title town. it is way to rare for a city to have an mlb/nfl/nhl/nba co championships.

there are titletowns.
green bay(nfl) -13
montreal(nhl) -25 or 26
boston(nba) 12 or 13
i guess with 25 world series won by the yankees and then add the dodgers, giants and mets you could call nyc an mlb title town.

after those it is a trivia contest.

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Ok I don't mean to be a smart *** or anything........ ok maybe I do but original post was in the last decade and to include all pro sports.

Not all time, not with college, nothing else. I thought the perameters were pretty well set. pro sports in the last decade combined.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
chicago? bulls and what else? one bears season? one sox pennant in 50 years? o i am sorry that would be 10 years? no hockey team unless you count the wolves and no natl league bb team.

cleveland? okay they got the rnr hall of fame and races at burke lake front airport. okay.........

lighten up.

Last edited: