Tire wear

macman

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I have 04 Freightliner M2 I put this truck on the road 10/22/2015 with new rear tires, the left rear inside tire had wire showing on the inside of the old tire. Now after 30,000 mi. the new tire in the same place is showing wire in the same place. All the other tires is showing some wear but still good tires. Has any body had this happen to tor truck?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You're probably going to have to get a little more specific as to your definition of "inside" the tire. Do you have to remove the tire from the wheel rims and then look down at the inside of the tire to see the wires, or does "inside" mean the inner sidewall (typically under-inflation), or does it mean the innermost portion of the tire tread (typically an alignment, bearing or suspension issue)?

Reactions: TDave

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have 04 Freightliner M2 I put this truck on the road 10/22/2015 with new rear tires, the left rear inside tire had wire showing on the inside of the old tire. Now after 30,000 mi. the new tire in the same place is showing wire in the same place. All the other tires is showing some wear but still good tires. Has any body had this happen to tor truck?
Sounds like you may need a 3 axle alignment.

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
m2 that I have wears tires on dr. side i've had 2 axel alignments didn't change anything had springs rebushed, air bag is a little crooked but I get about 200,000 out of that side 400,000 on the other,one of the worst trucks made by freightliner.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
,one of the worst trucks made by freightliner.

They really are. Unreliable electrical systems with wiring harnesses that are just zip tied in place. Looks like an early prototype was pushed into production. It's not a finished product.

Reactions: ttruck

macman

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Thank's for all the advice. Had a alignment done & he said my spring bushings need to be replaced but that was all he found.