Tire Lettering

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I have acquired a new job along with our super singles! Bob likes the looks of the Michelin out lined or possibly filled in with purple or blue. Has any one done this and have any hints. I did get the white in the paint roller pens and that seems to work pretty well but do not know how to fill in the letters.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Linda, go to Walmart and get the acrylic paints in the craft section. The acrylic paint is water washable while it's wet so cleanup is a breeze. We used the small brushes from the artist painting supplies. The one I liked the best was a short bristle and about 1/4 in wide. The first time you paint the letters it takes more than one coat to cover it good, but after that, unless you rub a tire on the curb or something, it's just a quick touchup. It lasts through truck washes too. Have fun

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
The first time you >paint the letters it takes more than one coat to cover it >good, but after that, unless you rub a tire on the curb or >something, it's just a quick touchup. It lasts through
>truck washes too. Have fun

That won't happen. Linda won the driving thingy at Fedex, now Bob might rub a tire just to keep her busy.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We will look for the paint at Wal-Mart this weekend apprecaite the tip. If Bob should rub a tire on a curb it will be rather ugly in here.

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Oooooooo Linda, this is going to look so great! Like shoes to match an outfit, don't you think? Very sharp!! Can't wait to see pictures.

India Hamner
[font color="purple"] FEDEX [/font][font color="blue"]Custom Critical[/font]
D Unit
"You see weird things driving... I've never
understood log trucks, sometimes you'll be out on the highway, you see
two big giant trucks loaded up with logs, and they pass each other on
the highway... I don't understand it. I mean, if they need logs over
there... and they need 'em over there, you'd think a phone call would
save 'em a whole lot of trouble." Brian Regan

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
This took a Team effort to get the tires lettered and they are by no means perfect! Boy what a job but they do look cool. We had a problem on the front tires with the filler flaking. We used the paint pens to outline the letter and then craft paint to paint the interior. We used the same paint on the front tires as we did the back. I wonder if we put on to many coats of paint or a different tire texture on the steer tires?

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Looks great!!

When we were doing truckshows for our previous company, I did the truck and trailer outline and fill in. It's a huge job, but it sure is worth it when you see the results!!