Time Warp

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I think I pulled into the wrong parking lot.

reno truck show 001.jpg

Across the street from the Reno Petro they are having an antique truck show this weekend.

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
Nice! I love a good antique truck show, especially if they were actual working trucks that have been really well kept as opposed to showroom floor type restorations, though those can be cool too.

I've seen some old trucks from the 30's and 40's at shows that are drool worthy, with period style lettering, just the right amount of wear and tear without looking haggard, that are still driven.

Last edited:

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
Dang, Moot...nice links. I've done a lot of digging around in these forums but had not run across those. You take those images? Nicely done.

I had no idea the trucks there at Iowa 80 were that cool. I always run in and around the main bldg if I have time to even stop, but have never visited the truck museum.

I certainly will now.

Monty

Expert Expediter
In the OP's first picture ..... I have driven 4 of those model trucks .... **** I'm old!

Remember, there will be quite a few at the Expo in Wilmington this year also.

Olko

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
Howdy

Just remember those antiques were state of the art in their day. Sometime in the future folks will be looking at the trucks of our era and drooling about the good old days of the 2010 era.

(50 Years in the future)
Dad did they really have actual drivers in those trucks, and why are they 30 feet shorter than today's trucks? Where does the Flux Capacitor go?