Time to take action...

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Interesting timing on this post. This morning we delivered to a non-automotive plant where the shipping/receiving guy was plain awful. In several years we have not met the likes of him but from what we read here in the Open Fourm this kind of treatment is common at U.S. automotive plants. (We have not hauled an automotive load in quite a while so don't know from personal experience).

As I left the plant I wondered how many UAW folks left lasting impressions with thousands of their fellow citizens, and how those impressions are now influencing how people's sympathies and thoughts about a carmaker bailout?
No brainer
9 out of ten will agree these folks are the product of the entitlement generation...
Don't want to be involved in territorial ****ing's but you reap what you sow..
I love my Chevrolet but I despise the A-hole that put a wrench on it..
So "F" Chevy and the big three
"Quote"
"But they birthed expedite"
So? Birth begets death (I think???)
IF YOU FAIL at life you have two options...
Blame the man
Blame yourself then regroup and organize..
Geesh
Now go do the right thing...
Hope I didn't P/O alot of people but if I did is it because you have become too complacent?
Humble are we the expedite type or at least the future expediters..
My 2cents

FIS53

Veteran Expediter
Well Lawrence the US needs more than these three companies to get healthy. First is a return to a manufacturer of products so bring back a lot of those industries but allow for modern equipment and reasonable wages. I think a lot of americans have had enough of bad chinese products.

Now if the big 3 go under as well as some suppliers (some will fail as well) then the big 3 jap companies will pickup some of the losses as thier sales will increase. Therefore some expedite will follow as well as some suppliers. Note that some of these foreign companies will pickup several of the plants of the big 3 and produce something out of them. We can only hope it is not a chinese car mfr that takes over several plants. Have you seen the quality of their buggies?

Those with chevrolet and gmc vans and medium duties out there should all e-mail isuzu to take over the gm van and medium duty plants to keep them going (gm medium duty have half decent reliability), considering half of the gm medium duty are isuzus anyways.

If americans don't voice their opinions now while the strategy and setup for the rebirth of american mfg is ongoing right now then you'll miss the opportunity to shape it. So start campaigning for a return to AMERICAN MADE products with QUALITY as a cornerstone of its build. The big 3 have made their bed but out of their demise will arise a new company or two.
Rob

bryan

Veteran Expediter
Hi

Just my opinion. Our government is not doing their job; which is representing the people.The American people did not want the $750B bailout but they passed it anyway saying that we the people didn't completely grasp the devistating affect it would have on our economy.Then they vote down the loan to the (big 3) even after opinion polls showed that the majority of the people questioned wanted it to pass.Like 1 million people being laid off instantly is not going to devistate our economy.Most of these lay offs are going to take place in states whos economies our already devisitated OH MI IL. You think the roads are bad now just wait till they have to start paying unemployment to 1 million people.
Wait and see how many of these unemployed workers join the trucking industry including the expedite industry.They have to work some where.
This country can not afford to bail out anybody.But why bail out some of the people who created this mess and not bail out others? Sounds like a last ditch effort to cater to the lobbyest before the new administation come into office.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
they kinda go hand in hand....if the banks failed where would one cash the unemployment cheque?

The auto issue has been about 30 years of ignorance , you can blame the unions but it's the management that many years ago let the unions overpower them...When times were good they gave the unions nearly everything they wanted without much of a fight....it would be a frosty Friday when I let a union emblem be put on a company truck!

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
Hi

Just my opinion. Our government is not doing their job; which is representing the people.The American people did not want the $750B bailout but they passed it anyway saying that we the people didn't completely grasp the devistating affect it would have on our economy.

Actully sometimes a good leader is suppose to vote to do the right thing not what the majority wants.i'm not saying this is one of those cases. If the whole idea was to vote exactally what the majority in your district wanted then the system or reprsantaion becoumes pointless better to just have direct voting by the public.

On the topic of this vote we the people wear screwed which ever way the vote went.from about the last two years of clintons presidency onward it was obvious this is where it was headed,i know people are ****ed off at greenspan bt i think his soft landing worked it's no where near as abrupt as i thought it was going to be.i think he feels it could have been sofer and that is why he resigned.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
"Actually sometimes a good leader is supposed to vote" When in your opinion is the last time this Country had a "Good Leader"

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hi

Just my opinion. Our government is not doing their job; which is representing the people.The American people did not want the $750B bailout but they passed it anyway saying that we the people didn't completely grasp the devistating affect it would have on our economy.Then they vote down the loan to the (big 3) even after opinion polls showed that the majority of the people questioned wanted it to pass.

Polls do a great job of reflecting the answers given by those polled. That's it. To suggest that they reflect the views of the entire population is wrong. Polls are very commonly shown to be wrong. Remember, this is a Democratic Republic, not a Democracy.

I do agree with you that we can't afford these bailouts. Whether it's the people that were stupid enough to take the crazy mortgages or the Big 3, they made their beds.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
hey Lawrence...now you've been made a regular poster here....*LOL*

maybe you can buy the place some day eh?