time to boycott GM

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
GM recycles the same LAME commercials each Jan/Feb with it's "Hail to the Chief" president's day ads that are sorely lacking creativity and hugely annoying from the 312th time onward. As long as they think we are so stupid this doesn't matter we should show them we're also too stupid to buy their products.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Leo,
Go to the Detroit area, sit one day and watch all the commercials.

They have commercials for their employees, not the consumers running all the time.

You think that "great $179 a month lease for that Focus, I am getting a Ford" and then you hear all the disclaimers - for employees and qualified x,z plan people only.

They also have very misleading ads in the papers, with big discounts and microscopic print saying that the ads are for employees and family members only.

I say boycott them all.....

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I've been boycoting GM my whole life. The only GM vehicles I've ever bought were bought from an individual so GM didn't get any of my money. Honestly though, I'd rather see that than the car salesman in the the Goodwill suit swinging a sword around wildly talking about how he's "slashing" prices.

rdtrpn

Seasoned Expediter
I hate those commercials. They actually have no compunction of evidently regarding their product as being equally prestigous to a leader of country.

Last edited:

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
Several years ago I saw an ad for Cadillac on the tube several times. It showed a close up with the camera panning the side from the rear fender to the front fender. If you looked closely you could see a small dent in the front fender. If it wasn't a dent, it sure looked like it. Either way, somebody sure fell asleep on that commercial.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
My last Pontiac Grand Prix was enough for me. Still one of my all time Favorite Cars, just did not hold up in the dependability dept: and the repair bills, well let me say this $3,000.00 in six months well almost but I know it was way over 2K. Engine had to be pulled out three times, and the third time was to replace a $50.00 part that should have been replaced on the second engine pull.

The car that replaced it has seen the Dealership ONCE in 90K miles, for get this. The SPRING that holds the Sunglass holder making it go back up. Boy that almost put her on the Hook (Tow Truck). I am sure glad I SAVED my $ on the EXTENDED WARRANTY plan, aint needed it unless that spring was about $2,500.00 oh it was covered under warranty probably a .05 part.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Already boycott GM... and Ford, and Chrysler.

Honda all the way! Maybe Toyota if we get an actual car, and not a minivan.