Those fast foods.............

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Banana

Fruit
A banana is an edible fruit produced by several kinds of large herbaceous flowering plants in the genus Musa. Wikipedia
Nutrition Facts
Bananas
Amount Per 1 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long) (118 g)
Calories 105**************************************

% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.4 g 0%noooooooo fat, how about that!!!!!!!
Saturated fat 0.1 g 0%
Polyunsaturated fat 0.1 g
Monounsaturated fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 1 mg 0%
Potassium 422 mg 12%*****************************
Total Carbohydrate 27 g 9%********************
Dietary fiber 3.1 g 12%
Sugar 14 g ************************************

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whataburgers data:
Below are the nutrition facts for a A.1. Thick & Hearty Burger Whatameal from Whataburger. All percent daily value figures are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Serving Size of a Whataburger, I forgot the fries and the large cola, think about it.

1193 g -
Calories
1740 -

Calories From Fat
740 -

Fat
84 g 129% DV

Saturated Fat
28.0 g 140% DV

Trans Fat
1.0 g -
Cholesterol

155 mg 52% DV
Sodium

2580 mg 108% DV
Carbohydrates

Ok, I love Whataburgers, if Cookeville tn had one, I might live in the restaurant. But this is why many of us cannot see our feet,,,big tummys. Guys, we gotta watch those beer bellies. So , compare to the bananas. Keep bananas in your truck or van, eat about 4 day, get rid of the tummy fat guys, we don't need to look pregnant unless you enjoy looking that way.....

Reactions: SimpleTrucker.com

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
OVM nailed it. You know why it's called a beer belly? Because (mostly) men who drink too much beer get big bellies. Why do they get big bellies? Because when men intake excess carbs the carbs are converted into fat and are stored mostly in the midsection of the belly. Beer is mostly carbs. Big beer-bellied fat truckers? Big carb eaters. Those who seek out and tout low fat foods, but ignore the carbs contained in them, are making a grave mistake.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
OVM nailed it. You know why it's called a beer belly? Because (mostly) men who drink too much beer get big bellies. Why do they get big bellies? Because when men intake excess carbs the carbs are converted into fat and are stored mostly in the midsection of the belly. Beer is mostly carbs. Big beer-bellied fat truckers? Big carb eaters. Those who seek out and tout low fat foods, but ignore the carbs contained in them, are making a grave mistake.

Those who eat too little fat or carbs are making a grave mistake as well. A well rounded diet is needed to sustain healthy life. That includes a certain amount of fats and carbs. The greatest problem, for most people. is portion size and lack of exercise.

Fruit is good for you, in moderation, just as red meat is.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
the key is well rounded....or balanced diet....the real good thing about bananas is the potassium content.....I WAS on a BP pill that just ate up potassium.....I even had to take a suppliment for awhile....adding fresh fish helped with that to the point I don't need the top up and the fact I don't need that pill anymore because of the weight loss....now at 98 lbs LESS of me.....

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I am down 30lbs so far, but I will likely never be off of the BP meds. There is a strong genetic history of high BP to deal with. I am going to have them cut back as my BP is getting a bit low at times.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am down 30lbs so far, but I will likely never be off of the BP meds. There is a strong genetic history of high BP to deal with. I am going to have them cut back as my BP is getting a bit low at times.

my pulse rate was down to the low 40's... sometimes 38-39 ...i was feeling lightheaded and woozey and no that ain't normal for me....LOL.....BUT I just came off a pill that lowered pulse rate!! ONE LESS pill....lower the cost of my healthcare budget....since the goobermint seems to want to increase it so badly....:(

BTW Joe...great job on your weight loss...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
my pulse rate was down to the low 40's... sometimes 38-39 ...i was feeling lightheaded and woozey and no that ain't normal for me....LOL.....BUT I just came off a pill that lowered pulse rate!! ONE LESS pill....lower the cost of my healthcare budget....since the goobermint seems to want to increase it so badly....:(

BTW Joe...great job on your weight loss...

Thanks, as you know, it ain't easy.

My pulse is fine, most of the time. The pressure is starting to be a problem. Not all the time, but more and more as the weight drops. I see the DR on the 29th, going to see about adjusting the meds a bit.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks, as you know, it ain't easy.

My pulse is fine, most of the time. The pressure is starting to be a problem. Not all the time, but more and more as the weight drops. I see the DR on the 29th, going to see about adjusting the meds a bit.

I've been monitoring my BP out here on the road and the Dr says i am at the point now in loss that for nearly every 1 lb I lose my BP will lower by 1 point....I am down into the 117 to 125 range at times and still dropping.....

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I've been monitoring my BP out here on the road and the Dr says i am at the point now in loss that for nearly every 1 lb I lose my BP will lower by 1 point....I am down into the 117 to 125 range at times and still dropping.....

I have been as low as 95/60, but mostly around 115/70

Mine will never be normal without some kind of meds. I was in very good shape, good weight, when my pressure went up. Almost all the men on my Dad's side of the family have BP problems by the time they are 50. Some younger. I was in my 40's when mine went up. Somethings just are what they are.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have been as low as 95/60, but mostly around 115/70

Mine will never be normal without some kind of meds. I was in very good shape, good weight, when my pressure went up. Almost all the men on my Dad's side of the family have BP problems by the time they are 50. Some younger. I was in my 40's when mine went up. Somethings just are what they are.

I am resigned to the fact I'll prolly be on some kind of med for my BP....its just the pill count that I am working on lowering...LOL....at my worst I was on 8 different scripts....now only on 3....yee haw

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I am resigned to the fact I'll prolly be on some kind of med for my BP....its just the pill count that I am working on lowering...LOL....at my worst I was on 8 different scripts....now only on 3....yee haw

I just check mine. 110/70 pulse 64.

I am on two for BP, would like to drop to one. Would like to lose the statin too. The one for gout will be a lifetime one.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just check mine. 110/70 pulse 64.

I am on two for BP, would like to drop to one. Would like to lose the statin too. The one for gout will be a lifetime one.
the one I just dropped for pulse was the last statin I believe....:)
2 for BP and I do that aspirin a day thingee....

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
the one I just dropped for pulse was the last statin I believe....:)
2 for BP and I do that aspirin a day thingee....

I do the aspirin as well. Never had to do this stuff when I was young. I need a pill to lose 30 years, THAT would take care of a LOT of problems! Losing age is what the DR's should be looking at, more so than weight! LOL!!