This odometer is at 100,000. What's yours?

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I can't wait to see the price of a new odometer unit when we hit 999,999..since they don't rollover...:eek:

I hear the Sprinter just bursts into flames after 999,999. Someone from Mercedes roadside assistance drives up, shakes your hand puts a bag over your head and drives you to a dealership for "counseling".

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I hear the Sprinter just bursts into flames after 999,999. Someone from Mercedes roadside assistance drives up, shakes your hand puts a bag over your head and drives you to a dealership for "counseling".

Man, I hope that does not happen when I roll the million mark. I don't want a bag over my head, although, it would improve the look of the landscape. Sorta like putting a cover over OVM's "special shorts" !!! LOL!! :p

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
approaching 200,000,,,not in the truck now so I cant say exact but its close
Now if we deduct D/Head miles,,,,well we dont need to get into that :(

Dakota

Veteran Expediter

I heard they take you directly to the smithsonian and put you on display for everyone to see, scary though, we will have to see those shorts:eek:

MSinger

Expert Expediter
Current "work"truck
2002 GMC Savana 10,000# cube (former Penske) 215,623 just do it part time on my days off from fire station. Took about 4 months off last year after my crash in May for repairs.

Former work truck
1997 Dodge Ram 3500 12V Cummins with 12' cube- 532,990 still used as casual transportation.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Current "work"truck
2002 GMC Savana 10,000# cube (former Penske) 215,623 just do it part time on my days off from fire station. Took about 4 months off last year after my crash in May for repairs.

Former work truck
1997 Dodge Ram 3500 12V Cummins with 12' cube- 532,990 still used as casual transportation.

Those former Penske trucks are a hell of a deal, Penske takes good care of their rental fleet.

MSinger

Expert Expediter
Those former Penske trucks are a hell of a deal, Penske takes good care of their rental fleet.

Yes. I am very happy with mine. The only "non-crash" repair I have made is a fuel pump at 114,000.
I'd like to see the door stickers on the newer ones....I noticed they are now labeled on the cab doors as GVWR of 12,300#. They always used to use the 10,000# chassis like mine.

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
346,000 2000 Pete 3126 Cat in shop this week getting top end adjusted. So I went fishing for 3 days while service was being done.

FIS53

Veteran Expediter
Current: Sprinter has 275,000 area and the flatdeck only has 40,000 miles (seems to only get short hauls, pay good but short).
Old and gone: GM van had over 500,000 miles when I retired it.
Rob