This is NOT carrier specific...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
It most likely is. Each carrier can have their own discounted rates based on negotiations.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
It most likely is. Each carrier can have their own discounted rates based on negotiations.

Sorry Lawrence ..thought it was a general program amongst the carriers...did not realize each carrier had different rates....again sorry....my mistake....

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Sorry Lawrence ..thought it was a general program amongst the carriers...did not realize each carrier had different rates....again sorry....my mistake....

Actually OVM this is a non-specific carrier issue, even if the program is negotiated by individual companies, the program is changing their rates for all carriers.

I've notice a slip from 30 cents to 21 cents per gallon in the last few weeks and this week the discount was below 15 cents at the same place.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
IMHO this is all fallout from the pilot fj merger. FJ fuel prices went up, now there is less competition in the market and now others such as TA have room to adjust rates upward.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Actually OVM this is a non-specific carrier issue, even if the program is negotiated by individual companies, the program is changing their rates for all carriers.

Nope, not the case. I speak with my contact at TA HQ frequently - each carrier has their own negotiated rates, based on fleet size, frequency etc, etc etc.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I believe that is the case. Ours hasn't changed or dropped like the Feds, but I don't know if a change is coming? Haven't heard anything as of yet.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
It is not the end of the world as we know it if a poster posts in what someone else considers the wrong forum. We do not need thread police or prior approval to post. All posts do not need a response.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well not to be a pia, the CSA 2010 stuff posted there was no where near FedEx exclusive material, it is something that we all need to talk about but it was posted there because you felt it was FedEx exclusive material.

I'm not complaining but something seems to be wrong with these carrier groups and how things get moved around.

The T/A thing is simple, most of the large carriers do in fact enjoy these discounts and if FedEx or T/A is renegotiating it, then it may affect all of us. To me it seems that way.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
It is not the end of the world as we know it if a poster posts in what someone else considers the wrong forum. We do not need thread police or prior approval to post. All posts do not need a response.

Don't tell Leo that...he is one heck of a thread cop...just saying...:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.