Thinking of Panther

JKandAK

Seasoned Expediter
Hey all.
We're a h/w team thinking of driving a tractor/trailer for a Panther fleet owner. We have few years of driving experience, but none in expediting.
Can anyone give some heads up on how tractor/trailers do in this line of work?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I am beginning to sound like a broken record. Have this fleet owner supply you with current and past references followed with the financials of how the truck is really doing. Panther supplies those to the fleet owner. If he/she doesn't have them or the references, it quickly becomes "buyer beware".
Good luck and I hope it works out well.

JKandAK

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks for well wishes, Dave
In this particular case the owner is adding a semi to his existing fleet of smaller trucks, so there are records to be had.
We posted the question with hopes of getting few different points of view from drivers as well as owners.
There seems to be a million of straight trucks and very few tractor/trailers.
Should we take that as availability of tractor/trailer kind of freight?

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I can only tell you what our E-unit did last month pulling a Panther 53 foot Dry box.

JKandAK

Seasoned Expediter
Hey folks
If anyone has advice or info, but doesn't want to post on an open forum, please feel free to contact us by PM or email.
We have a solid offer, but plan on doing a lot of research before jumping all in. We have a good thing going and will not give it up for "just" a lateral move.

So what does it take to be a SUCCESSFUL tractor/trailer team at Panther?