Thinking about expediting

kficik

Rookie Expediter
My friend and I are thinking about expediting, need some help?

I have a bet with a friend both of us are thinking about doing it. Were trying to find out the truth.
How much are you guys clearing $$$ what is it really like? Is it worth doing as a team or not? Ty
Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

Last edited:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
What would you be driving ?
Owned or for someone ?
Where do you live ?
How hard are you going to work ?
How smart are you ?
What kind of work experiences do you both have ?

kficik

Rookie Expediter
We would be driving a cargo van 2007 or newer.
It would be owned vehicle.
We live on the Outer Banks of NC.
We will work as hard as we have to.
As smart as I can be.
We don't have any experience in this field, Are willing to learn.

Last edited:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I've never vanned. With that info, you should get some responses.
Lots of van people on here.

If you search back a little, I think your question gets answered almost weekly.

flattop40

Expert Expediter
As a former team in a van the big question is what company are you going to lease onto? This is important as some give the long loads to all vanners no matter as a team or not. Others "reward" teams with all of the long loads. Makes a huge difference as to your potential income.

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Expediting is a good job if you can't find anything else to do. pay sucks for what you have to do and the expenses that go along with it. Wish I lived on the Outer banks got a friend with a cottage oceanside by the Avon pier. love riding out there especially during bike week. My advice dont do it. Big mistake mark my words

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Re: My friend and I are thinking about expediting, need some help?

I have a bet with a friend both of us are thinking about doing it. Were trying to find out the truth.
What exactly was the bet about? I noticed you have edited this post leaving out the part about your friend not believing there is money to be made in expediting. If that is what the bet is about, don't enter into a business partnership with her, she will win the bet.

How much are you guys clearing $$$ what is it really like? Is it worth doing as a team or not?
Are the two of you a couple, as in same household, joint bank accounts? If not, there really isn't much money teaming in a van an splitting it. Would you both own and have your names on the van title? What happens if one wants out of the deal?

Expediting in a van is like living under a bridge except with wheels and no fortified wine. Spend a night under a bridge with her and see how it goes.

kficik

Rookie Expediter

kficik

Rookie Expediter

Hi Moot,
She is a great friend of mine and very smart. She knows her stuff.

pearlpro

Expert Expediter

BUT....Can you live together in a van for two/three/four nite in a row when your stuck in a small truck stop or town and no hotels....for week after week.....If your adventurous, and you get along and agree, and dont mind camping, or driving....its an experience for sure....your not going to make BIG MONEY, you can make a living, pay your bills mostly and have some left over...but its takes planning, the ability to CAMP, WAIT...and endure the trials the road brings....its better then being a school bus driver...LOL

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army

How much are you guys clearing $$$ what is it really like? Is it worth doing as a team or not? Ty

The longer you tink about Expediting just delays when you hit your first million dollah threshold.