Things that make you go, "What?"

BigRed32771

Expert Expediter
Date: 8/2
Time: 1707 PM
Place: Westbound on I-10 east of Lake Charles, LA, scheduled for delivery on 8/3 in Tucson AZ, approximately 24 hours away.
Scene: Q-comm announces a load offer. Upon examination load is for pickup 8/2 at 18:10 PM, in a Los Angeles CA suburb, going to near the LAX airport. I resist the urge to reply "You're kidding, right?" and simply respond with the fact that I am in Louisiana.

Sometimes you just have to wonder what exactly passes for critical or rational thinking in dispatcherland.

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
LOL I bet you are only giving us the polite version :D

I probably would have said .. "cor blimey mate, what gives"

:D:p

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Louisiana is abbreviated LA. Los Angeles is abbreviated L.A. You were in LA but they thought you were in L.A.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It's probably the "LA" thing in this case, but it could also be that the QC just thought you were someplace else. Once I was sitting in Barre, VT and the QC had me sitting just outside Marshall, IL. Another time I was at the TA in Laredo and the QC had me in San Antonio, which was at least in the ballpark. But I was also once sitting in Kingman, AZ and got a load offer picking up 22 miles away, in Homestead, FL.

BigRed32771

Expert Expediter
Yeah, I thought about the LA/L.A. thing, too, but it placed my deadhead to p/u at 500 miles, roughly the correct distance between Tucson (where I was headed but from where I was still very far away) and the p/u location. I just laughed it off and went on about my business.

Of course, the frustrating thing is I'm still sitting in Tucson 48 hours after delivery with not a single offer. Dispatch called yesterday and I got all excited until they told me the wife had been "selected" for a random visit to the clinic. Screwed up a perfectly good 34-hour restart in the making.

Oh, well, asi es la vida, no?

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
they just figured after you got empty on the 3rd,.you would get in the time machine,and load that other one on the 2nd