Things that happen when you wear your uniform

Missie600

Active Expediter
We recently started wearing our uniforms full time. It makes things a little more simpler. We do have "civilian" clothes in case we take off. We used to just throw on our uniform shirts for picking up and delivering. When in uniform these things happen:

Servers at restaurants ask if we want separate checks.

People ask us what time the pick up will be at the FedEx drop off box.

Strangers as for local directions.

Managers of restaurants meet us at the door expecting a delivery only to find we just want lunch.

And other drivers are interested in the expediting business and ask questions.

And of course my hubby (piatteam) is so helpful. Whenever we get the direction or time question he goes out of his way to help.

Just as a side note....I hate auto correct with all my heart.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Thanks for the post on uniforms and I had to chuckle as I thought back to all the different things that have happened to us over the years due to the uniform.

Once we were in a restaurant and had just ordered when we were offered a load to good to pass up. While Bob quickly chased the waitress down to let her know we were leaving and if the cook had started our food we would pay for our meal. The waitress asked the manager what to do and he took one look at Bob and his uniform and said "FedEx has always been there when we needed them cook their meal immediatly and there is no charge!" He would not listen to and protests so Bob went to the truck and got it ready to go and I waited for our food. When ever we are in that area we stop by that restaurant for a meal.

Once we went to the embroidered button down shirts, Bob wearing a tie, and us in slacks the stories get even more amazing. The one thing that did stop wearing these uniforms is people trying to give us packages, now they ask us where they can take their packages.

Uniforms work well for us.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
At the fuel desk when I would say FedEx, the would often take off looking for packages for me I learned to say "Pump 3 FedEx.

GandJ

Active Expediter
Missie thanks for the funny. J and I like the uniform as they wear so well wrinkle free. I like them most when it's cooler out. Took us a couple orders to get the sizes right.
The rain jacket worked great and saved me a couple times!

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
We have the benefit of a professional embroiderer in our truck. That was my wife's business prior to truck driving. She has customized my coveralls, made our dog's FedEx vest (complete with reflective strips) and a few other things. The brand sets us apart whether on or off a load.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I once lift-gate assisted a guy "in uniform ".
He had on beige shorts, a plaid shirt, and a Fedex hat.
We loaded at a highly valued customer that remarked " we seldom see BOTH driver's in uniform. ".
I'd like to see some spiff, like entry into a raffle, a free dinner or truck wash, when one gets caught in a PROPER uniform.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We went into a shipper one time, in uniform as always, and asked the man behind the desk if he wanted our FedEx ID's.

He said, "No" "You are wearing you uniforms and NO ONE would wear such ugly uniforms unless they had too"!!

We ALL got a good laugh over that one!

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
I hate the way the womens shirts fit. I look like I have wings and shoulder pads.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

Last edited: