Thief cargo van driver

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
Recently I had a bad experience with one driver. After he quit he left the van in a truck stop instead of bring the van back like the contract said.The good thing about him is that at least he told me where.The bad that he did steal the new Gps and he sold to another truck gas in $300 from my fuel card.I know he is looking to drive for an o/o. I know I can not put his name on this site but I just want the owners to be aware about this thief. If you want you can PM me and I will give you his name.He is a shame .....I made a police report about him and I hope if not know ,but in the future the police will find him .

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Recently I had a bad experience with one driver. After he quit he left the van in a truck stop instead of bring the van back like the contract said.The good thing about him is that at least he told me where.The bad that he did steal the new Gps and he sold to another truck gas in $300 from my fuel card.I know he is looking to drive for an o/o. I know I can not put his name on this site but I just want the owners to be aware about this thief. If you want you can PM me and I will give you his name.He is a shame .....I made a police report about him and I hope if not know ,but in the future the police will find him .

Sorry you got a bad one....hope they catch the guy....

idtrans

Expert Expediter

sounds like a loser I had driving for me from springfield, il total loser lefdt my van in hayes, ks

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Well, if they catch the guy, prosecute him and he's found guilty, you can then post his name. :D

moose

Veteran Expediter
Recently I had a bad experience with one driver. After he quit he left the van in a truck stop instead of bring the van back like the contract said. .
thanks for venting out.
well, hopefully you had a good escrow amount set up in the contract.
i think i'm leading the industry with the ****$ escrow i'm demanding from drivers hoe wish to be in business with me.
in the past i once chosen to use a 'drive away service' to recover a truck, and will not hesitate to used that escrow to retrieve a truck if my property is not returned.
using the QC, i also have a bird in the sky looking out for the truck, and if you don't have one, a GPS locator can be a good investment.

ConfusedMuse

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There's 2 sides to every story, and while I empathize with you, and your plight, there are
also owners who don't pay, have no common decency for their driver's comfort, and basically screw their drivers at every chance they get. Would be nice to hear the ex-drivers side.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Whoa, did you run that past "Larry the bat"? :eek:
No, no reason to. If he's found guilty of the stuff claimed in the OP, then it'll be public record, same as any other court case. The verdict is real, no longer a he said/she said thing, and there is no "rest of the story", since it's all right there, both sides.

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
There's 2 sides to every story, and while I empathize with you, and your plight, there are
also owners who don't pay, have no common decency for their driver's comfort, and basically screw their drivers at every chance they get. Would be nice to hear the ex-drivers side.

I'm in this business since 2005. Trust me I tell the truth .Anyway, I just want to help with some info other owners about this thief. If you do not understand my point I'm sorry. I'm not trying to proof anything, if you believe me it is OK, if not you're welcome to hire this driver.Good luck.