They Will Make the Assault Weapons Ban Permenant

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Chef,
would you mind explaing to me the symbolism of a screw going through the American Flag?

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
bearcat wrote:

Chef,
would you mind explaing to me the symbolism of a screw going through the American Flag?

Sure, 1st, I have had that avatar for about 4 yrs. It has nothing to do with my distaste osamaba or the liberals, although they have certainly contributed to the reasons I use it, just as the Repub's have also.

Now The Flag has always represented 1st our Constitution, then the freedoms, and liberties and rights we have. As those have been eroded over time by most of our elected officals and we become more of a nation where the government controls the people instead of the people controling the government as our Consititution was setup, we has a nation have been abd are getting Screwed.....

Our founding fathers knew when they put together this fine nation that "we the people" would sooner or later need to "spill" the blood of the tyrants in government as well as that of "patriots" to keep what they gave us. For me that time has lond since passed several times over. The good thing is, more and more people are starting to realize what "we the people" have allowed to happen to this once proud country and we just might see the beings of that up rising that is needed to take it back.....

So there you have, as a nation we have been "screwed" on more then enough issues and I have no problem feeling that way and stating it...

No if i amy ask, why do you ask?

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
#1 you joined in March of 2008 so I have no idea who saw your "Avatar" in the 38 months before you joined. #2 I think it's disrespectful to the Flag and what it stands for. #3 I have no use for people who use the Flag as patch on their butt or a Do Rag on their head or for any other statement they are trying to make.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Bearcat, you are certainly entitled to your feelings and opinions in fact, i served our county so that we all could have our indivdiual opinions and feelings and not have to worry about speaking them.

I also hope you feel the same way about the elected reps that have disrespected,abused and abandoned our Constitution.

spudhead911

Seasoned Expediter
Bearcat, you are certainly entitled to your feelings and opinions in fact, i served our county so that we all could have our indivdiual opinions and feelings and not have to worry about speaking them.

I also hope you feel the same way about the elected reps that have disrespected,abused and abandoned our Constitution.

Your not the only one who served our country. After having served your country, if you even did, one would think you would have more respect for the Flag, which represents all that our country stands for. The good and the bad. No country is perfect. No one is forcing you to live here, if unhappy leave. But don't use excuses to desecrate MY FLAG, and the flag of ALL AMERICANS. I don't consider you, or others like you an American. JMO

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
LOL,. got to love the freedom of speech don't you! :D

Oh and if it is any consulation, I fly the "Stars & Bars" at home, and i also sent a new one to the president elect......

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Spudhead wrote:

Yes I do, it's one of the things I spilled blood for 40 years ago.

Thank you for your service, it is greatly appreciated and makes you a "Great American", in my book..

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
And as for leaving here if i am not happy here, Thats the beauty of this country we live in, we don't have to agree with everything to live here, we have have the right to say we disagree with our Government and how they do things and the why they have abused the constitution that you, me and every politician that take office swore ans swears to uphold.

So just because i think our government has screwed us over and i chose to show it the way i do and voice in as i do, i don't have leave and it also doesn't mean I don't support our country, it means I don't support our governments abuses and I certainly do not support this piece of garbage that was just elected to be president.

The are no excuses there, its my opinion, just as you are entitled to yours and can show it in any legal way you chose, so can I.

spudhead911

Seasoned Expediter
And as for leaving here if i am not happy here, Thats the beauty of this country we live in, we don't have to agree with everything to live here, we have have the right to say we disagree with our Government and how they do things and the why they have abused the constitution that you, me and every politician that take office swore ans swears to uphold.

So just because i think our government has screwed us over and i chose to show it the way i do and voice in as i do, i don't have leave and it also doesn't mean I don't support our country, it means I don't support our governments abuses and I certainly do not support this piece of garbage that was just elected to be president.

The are no excuses there, its my opinion, just as you are entitled to yours and can show it in any legal way you chose, so can I.

Yes you can show it in any legal way you choose, that doesn't make it right in my opinion to desecrate the flag. I believe it's people with opinions like yours that will bring this country to it's knees. Instead of complaining all the time about what is wrong with this country, maybe, just maybe, if you spent as much time looking for ways to fix what is wrong, we can make this country as strong as it once was.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Spudhead wrote:

No I am just an American, as thousands of others who did the same are.

Humbleness is a great quality. but I am more the happy to consider you and everyother man and woman that served our country honorably "Great Americans"

Instead of complaining all the time about what is wrong with this country, maybe, just maybe, if you spent as much time looking for ways to fix what is wrong, we can make this country as strong as it once was.

1st, I don't need to justify what I do in sopport of our country to you or anyone. But I will ask you, how many memberships to the NRA have you bought for returning soldiers so they they can shot at gun ranges all over the country at a discounted rate or even free? How many memberships in the 2A foundation have you bought for fellow gun owners that can't afford to but would love to be a part of and do work for a group that works to preserve our gun rights?

Those are just 2 of the things i do on a regular basis. I don't expect anyone to do anything they can't and I wouldn't venture to guess what you do do in support of our country, that would be pretty far reaching on my part...as it is for you to presume that all I do is complain...

Please don't don't take anything I have said as a personal attack against you at all, as that is not my intension at all. I don't agree with alot that is said here my more then a few people, but it is certainly their right to say them and their feeling on whatever issue can never be wrong, just as your feelings on the issue of my avatar can't be wrong, they are your feelings, not mine or anyone elses....