The Vice President

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Uh-O,,
Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Sunday any player who disrespects the flag will not play.

Jones’ comments, the strongest made on the anthem controversy, came after he was asked about Vice President Mike Pence leaving the game in Indianapolis early after several San Francisco 49ers players took a knee during the national anthem.
,,,Time to get on the bus?? Greyhound anyone?

Kip life

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thank you for your intelligent, well-reasoned and not-at-all emotional addition to the conversation. It's comments like yours that foster spirited debate and intelligent discourse of exactly the kind The Soapbox thrives upon. Kudos to you on a brilliant comment!
You're welcome . I need my MAGA cap now ..

Sent from my SM-N900T using EO Forums mobile app

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Very interesting.
When players started "kneeling", all you heard from left media - "good job, exercise your right".
Now you have vice president leave the game "to protest" protesters. Oh, such a bad person.
Reasoning? Well... He is above the protesters... Really? Why should he do or not do one thing or another? Cause he is official, elected? Elected officials should always show example of unity with country, not division and chaos.
Don't get me wrong, Pence was purely showing off by walking away. Could he just stayed home instead and watched the game? What if he said he turned off TV to protest? Could we crucify him for not eating a meal in San Francisco, cause, you in know, he is above those people?
Grow up people.
You should be happy he is not undermining the government in this country by going against president, like many in US elite establishment that want to throw Trump under the bus.
Is this administration perfect? No, but at least it is not inciting violence by supporting riots and opposing everything this country was built upon.
Different points of view does not mean I now hate US flag, its anthem and people that died so that we could possibly protest one day. It's when one side is bashing another over something like this, is when you have to say, enough is enough.
BTW, "tebowing" was someone else's trademark.
All those that kneel, should at least credit Tebow.

Sent from my i-sung.

Reactions: billg27 and Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I wonder if comments like this are Internet specific.
The Internet is spilling over into real life more and more. People are being less civil and less polite to those they disagree with, much like they do in Internet forums and comment sections. They feel entitled to insult others with abandon.

Columnist Peggy Noonan recently suggested the same lack of civility and politeness portends the coming of a breakdown of society, as has happened many times throughout history (from relatively contained civil wars to widespread empire collapse), and that's one reason so many people are obtaining guns for protection.

Our society thrives on positional differences. But for crying out loud, be respectful of your opposition.
Respectful would be nice. I'd be happy with reasoned and thought out.

Reactions: VSprinter

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
I voted for trump , and proud of it , least he has a back bone, where other one did not
also support VP for doing what he did
I haven't watched any pro sports sent 1980, when they all went out on strike for more money agree, with some of issues . but when someone makes more in one year then a lot of people make in a life time. but it is good people are willing pay them for there skill.
I was in navy for 22 year's and defend there right to protest, what ever they think.
if you really want to protest or support what they did here is the phone number to nfl 1 212 450 2000.
I have called and complain about what they did

Reactions: Grizzly and Turtle

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I voted for trump , and proud of it , least he has a back bone, where other one did not
also support VP for doing what he did
I haven't watched any pro sports sent 1980, when they all went out on strike for more money agree, with some of issues . but when someone makes more in one year then a lot of people make in a life time. but it is good people are willing pay them for there skill.
I was in navy for 22 year's and defend there right to protest, what ever they think.
if you really want to protest or support what they did here is the phone number to nfl 1 212 450 2000.
I have called and complain about what they did
Thank you for your service and everyone else's service who is not vocal!

Sent from my i-sung.

Reactions: Turtle

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am all for trump an absolutely loved the fact that pence walked out for our flag I would put my life on the line everyday for this flag if I could

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: ntimevan and Turtle

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
learn a new term from talk radio about us senate , a Tennessee congress woman call's it adult day care, as they have done nothing for 10 months, like the term