The Trump Card...

ATeam

Retired Expediter
The Crime Behind the Crimes

Trump was indicted for numerous crimes as charged in the indictment unsealed yesterday. But his real crime is STUPIDITY.

None of the crimes would have been charged if Trump had simply returned the documents when the National Archives asked him to do so.

Think about that. All the commotion about Mar-a-Lago; the subpoenas, search warrant, special master, Judge Cannon debacle, secreting of documents, the indictment, and the upcoming trial -- all of it -- could have been easily avoided had Trump simply returned the documents when asked.

Why did he not do so? STUPIDITY!

Reactions: Ragman

ATeam

Retired Expediter
You do realize that every thing in that indictment is exactly what Biden has done...as both a senator and vice president.
And Biden's family is involved.
Biden and Pence voluntarily returned the classified documents they had. Trump did not.

It was determined that the documents that were found in Pence's possession got there by accident so he was not charged. The Biden investigation has been assigned to a special counsel and is not yet complete.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
The Left keep embarrassing themselves.
If you read the indictment, you'll see this is a national security matter. The evidence is well documented. The behavior in question is not Trump's political conduct. It's about his reckless and illegal handling of national security documents, and obstruction of justice.

• Haha
Reactions: muttly

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The Indictment

First, here's the link to the indictment itself. It is 44 pages, double-spaced, and easy to read.

A full reading of the indictment affirms what I said above; namely, Trump is doomed.
Obviously, liberals and Trump haters everywhere are in a state of nirvana at the prospect of a former POTUS and leading opposition candidate dieing in prison. Of course he must be guilty, because every word of this indictment must true and legally sound. The Biden DOJ has never defamed or falsely accused anyone before, has it?

Maybe some would like to hear both sides of this case before determining Trump's guilt.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
If you read the indictment, you'll see this is a national security matter. The evidence is well documented. The behavior in question is not Trump's political conduct. It's about his reckless and illegal handling of national security documents, and obstruction of justice.
IMG_0495.gif

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Maybe some would like to hear both sides of this case before determining Trump's guilt.
That's what the trial is for, and that's exactly where we're headed.

That said, I'm not giving Trump the presumption of innocence. And since I'm not a juror, prosecutor or judge, I am not obligated to. People talk every day in this forum about how guilty, unfair, unjust or illegal DOJ, Hillary, Obama, Biden, FBI, Hunter and others are. They are not granting the presumption of innocence either.

As far as the other side of the case goes, we hear that every day from Trump and his supporters. It's a witch hunt. It's politically motivated. It's a hoax. That template is used every time Trump is charged with wrongdoing. As we have seen, it is a poor legal strategy as Trump loses his cases in court again and again. But he sure loves to use it for political ends.

This case is no different. He's using provocative language to keep his base on their emotional edge. That's a good place to keep them if you want to raise money and attract Republican primary votes.

But in court, the strategy does not work. In this documents case, he's going to need a lot more than fiery rhetoric if he wants to stay out of jail.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Of course he must be guilty, because every word of this indictment must true and legally sound.
I've read the entire indictment and it rings true to me. I'm not a legal professional so I cannot offer expert commentary on the law. But my amateur opinion is the charges seem proper for the crimes alleged.

As far as the evidence goes, I think it is fair to say every word IS true. Direct evidence is presented, not circumstantial evidence. The physical and documentary evidence exists in the real world as shown by the documents themselves, photos, video tapes, witness notes. etc. All of the evidence comes from Trump employees, Trump attorneys, Trump-authorized audio tapes, and other such sources. The witnesses are not drug addicts or jail cell roommates. They are credible citizens who testified under oath.

The search warrant under which some of the evidence was seized, and the search itself, has been legally upheld. Trump himself has publicly admitted that he took the documents and kept them at Mar-a-Lago. Trump himself is on tape saying he did not have the authority to declassify the documents in question.

So, yes, it's fair to say every word of this indictment is true.

If you disagree, you are welcome to read the full document itself (link above). If you find something in it that is not true, please share. I'm willing to listen.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Biden and Pence voluntarily returned the classified documents they had. Trump did not.

It was determined that the documents that were found in Pence's possession got there by accident so he was not charged. The Biden investigation has been assigned to a special counsel and is not yet complete.
Biden had classified documents he never should have had just because he gave them back doesn't mean hes off the hook for treason and espionage. He did not have the security clearance to take them home.....and the archive people didn't even know Biden HAD the classified documents.
Biden kept them in at least 3 unsecured locations.....one of those locations the Chinese had paid for.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No the 2 differences is Biden is a Democrat and he took classified documents that he should not have taken.......just because he is being cooperative doesn't mean he should not get charged like trump.....the charges on Biden are worse than trumps because treason and espionage can be put on biden.....and let not forget that bidens lawyers got to look through the classified documents.
You do realize that if Trump had not decided he could keep all those documents for his own benefit, those ones that Biden had would still be sitting next to his car right?

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Dont forget Arrogance, that goes hand in hand with Stupidity.
The Crime Behind the Crimes

Trump was indicted for numerous crimes as charged in the indictment unsealed yesterday. But his real crime is STUPIDITY.

None of the crimes would have been charged if Trump had simply returned the documents when the National Archives asked him to do so.

Think about that. All the commotion about Mar-a-Lago; the subpoenas, search warrant, special master, Judge Cannon debacle, secreting of documents, the indictment, and the upcoming trial -- all of it -- could have been easily avoided had Trump simply returned the documents when asked.

Why did he not do so? STUPIDITY!

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Biden had classified documents he never should have had just because he gave them back doesn't mean hes off the hook for treason and espionage. He did not have the security clearance to take them home.....and the archive people didn't even know Biden HAD the classified documents.
Biden kept them in at least 3 unsecured locations.....one of those locations the Chinese had paid for.
And he will be charged after he is out of office, but he will not be charged with obstruction in addition to the possession of the documents.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I've read the entire indictment and it rings true to me. I'm not a legal professional so I cannot offer expert commentary on the law.
Exactly my point. Just because something "rings true" to the untrained eye doesn't mean it actually is.
If you disagree, you are welcome to read the full document itself (link above). If you find something in it that is not true, please share. I'm willing to listen.
My uneducated opinion about federal law would be meaningless. That's why I choose to wait and hear a response from Trump's defense attorneys before forming an opinion on whether or not he's "doomed".

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
You do realize that if Trump had not decided he could keep all those documents for his own benefit, those ones that Biden had would still be sitting next to his car right?
The fact that one guy had the right to have them and the other never ever should have had them.....but they are prosecuting the one that had the right to have the documents.