The Trump Card...

ATeam

Retired Expediter
You know that picture of Biden shaking his fists when he was talking about how Trump is a danger to our country, that is one of the few times I agreed with him and thought that showed he does have a spine, he may not show it often, but its there.
With his legal troubles and fading popularity, Trump is less of a danger to the country than he was before. Trumpism, however, persists. But even that is fading as Republicans see how it hurt their performance in the midterm elections. The attempted coup failed and those who supported it are finding themselves in jail or in positions that are weakening. The constitution remains in force and with it the rule of law. Authoritarianism isn't cool any more.

Finally, Republicans are starting to recognize Trump BS for what it is. That will continue as Trump continues to fade and as more Republicans come to understand that embracing Trumpism and losing are one in the same.

EXAMPLE: “Our voters need to vote early. There were many in 2020 saying, don’t vote by mail, don’t vote early, and we have to stop that, and understand that if Democrats are getting ballots in for a mIonth, we can’t expect to get it all done in one day,” RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel warned on Fox News.

In Georgia, laws were recently changed to reduce the number of hours polls were open on Election Day. Republicans found themselves telling people to get out to vote on Election Day while simultaneously making it harder for Republicans to do that very thing. That's just stupid and Republicans are beginning to figure such things out. If you want people to vote for you, it's wise to make it easy for people to do that instead of making it hard.

But Trump continues the other way because he needs people to believe the lie that the election is rigged. Seeing the results of believing a lie, Republicans are starting to call BS.

Last edited:

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This is a good article. It's well worth the time to read it from beginning to end, then go back and read it again. There's a lot to digest but the following is one of the best points that show his intent and what he actually said:

"Another common reading of "allow for" is "to make (something) possible," as in "to leave your house unlocked allows for theft." It means to give the necessary time or opportunity for something to happen.
Reading Trump's comment in that context brings a very different meaning to his social media post from a call by him to terminate the Constitution."

Trump did not call for termination of the constitution. Period. The magpies at CNN and MSNBC will spin his words or outright lie about the post, and the Trump haters will gleefully accept any of their interpretations that say what they want to hear.

Granted, Trump keeps harping on the idea that the 2020 election was rigged and should be overturned, but that's not going to happen. He needs to turn the page and look to the future now that he's already declared his candidacy for '24.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You know that picture of Biden shaking his fists when he was talking about how Trump is a danger to our country, that is one of the few times I agreed with him and thought that showed he does have a spine, he may not show it often, but its there.
Biden not only accused Trump but also his Republican voters of being a danger to our country, calling them Fascists and a threat to our democracy. Notice how quickly he pivoted away from that line of attack - calling half of the country Fascists didn't turn out to be very well received. The accusation was also patently false.

However, the Trump soap opera is still being used as a distraction from the Biden administrative failures and the now fully exposed criminal activities of his derelict son which could implicate our sitting POTUS as being complicit with those shenanigans when he was VP. With the latest Twitter document dump it's becoming more apparent that they conspired with the Biden campaign to cover up Hunter Biden's crimes and interfere with the 2020 election. The recent firing of James Baker - the former FBI attorney who was covering up incriminating Twitter files - adds even more fuel to the fire. With all this coming to light, the Republicans can engage in a substantive discussion as to who is the greater threat to our Democracy.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
This is Different

Trump almost always appeals court decisions that go against him. I fully expected him to appeal this one too. I don't know why he is not appealing. Any ideas?

Reactions: RLENT

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Trump Still Messing Around. DOJ Isn't.

After a judge asked the Trump team to search again for classified documents illegally in Trump's possession, two were found and turned over to the FBI. Now there are reports that DOJ will be in court tomorrow asking a judge to find the Trump office in contempt because they did not fully comply with a subpoena issued months ago. Details are sketchy because much of this is under seal. But tomorrow, Trump will once again be in court and things do not look good for him.

Reactions: RLENT and Ragman

ATeam

Retired Expediter
No one said anything about having information that will bring Trump down. If the Judge finds Trump and/or his office in contempt, the likely outcome is a daily fine until compliance with court orders is obtained.

It's a good thing Trump has the fundraising mechanism and willing contributors he does. They'll be needed to pay such fines. I'm sure his supporters will be once again delighted to send in their hard-earned money to pay Trump's fines.

Or will they? At what point does Trump's fundraising slow or dry up because people are tired of seeing their contributed money used to pay lawyers, court costs and penalties?

The slowdown may already be happening. See the two reports below.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
That speech was Biden's "state of trump" I mean "state of union".
Not one bit of it covered the problems going on in America it was all trump this and that......complete trump derangement syndrome.

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT and muttly

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
3 weeks that is all Democrats have left to charge trump with a crime to keep him out of office.....2 years after trump left office they are still hounding him.

• Haha

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Above, I asked why Trump acted out of character and did not appeal a court decision that went against him. Soon after, news breaks that DOJ is seeking a contempt finding against the Trump office.

It's starting to make sense now. It is yet another sign of his decline that Trump is running our of patsies. His lawyers are no longer willing to sign false documents on his behalf and they are no longer willing to put their names on frivolous court cases.

Reactions: RLENT and Ragman

ATeam

Retired Expediter
3 weeks that is all Democrats have left to charge trump with a crime to keep him out of office.....2 years after trump left office they are still hounding him.
The Jan 6 Committee never had the authority to charge Trump with a crime of any kind at any time. Having now completed their work and soon to issue their evidence and report for the history books, they are turning everything over to the Department of Justice, which does have the authority to charge Trump with a crime(s). DOJ has already been looking into that, running two grand-jury investigations in to certain matters. Probable cause has been shown, a search warrant has been issued and executed, fruits of the crime(s) were said to be found and the DOJ investigation continues, now under the leadership of the new special counsel.

The turnover of the US House from Democrat to Republican control will have no effect on whether or not Trump is charged with a crime. That decision is in the hands of DOJ, and other entities in other jurisdictions which are currently investigating other possible crimes committed by Trump.

There was talk here a few months ago about the committee running out of time or having no impact. It seems they got all their intended work done, brought a ton of testimony and evidence to light, and thereby had a substantial impact.

Liz Cheney lost her seat because of her anti-Trump votes and her role on the Jan 6 Committee. But given the evidence produced and the effect it will likely have in prosecuting Trump, it is easy for me to imagine her sitting in her soft chair in her home office, looking at the report, and taking great satisfaction in a job well done.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
No Contempt Ruling Today

Reports a day or two ago were that DOJ was asking a judge to hold the Trump office in contempt. Today reports are that the judge made no such ruling.

As I said above, details are sketchy because these are closed-door hearings. Additionally, these reports are not well sourced. It's a "people familiar with the matter" report, not one that names its sources.

I seldom get drawn into such reports but they got me this time. It's a reminder to not trust unsourced reports. After being reminded about this, I looked closer at the stories and realized that beyond the headlines, we don't even know if DOJ even sought a contempt ruling. Without named sources, we don't know if the report is real or if CNN and others made it up.

I'm sorry and embarrassed to have gotten sucked into an unsourced report like this. I know better but did not do better.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Biden had that Whelan for Bout swap on the table for two years but it didn’t happen either.
Pesky fact.

Last edited:
  • Haha