The Trump Card...

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
That's the point. There was a barrier.

Between the mic and the officer giving the warning.

Between the person the warning was being directed at, well, not so much ...

Broken-out window ... remember ?

:tearsofjoy:

So it would obstruct hearing a command if given.

Only if the barrier was between the person the warning was being directed at and the person giving it.

We know that in this case the barrier (the window glass) was removed ... because Ashli climbed through the broken-out window.

As I said before. An officer should have a reasonable expectation that a command, if given, can be heard before using deadly force.

I don't disagree with that.

My guess is that he did.

How can someone reasonably hear him, with people yelling, a glass barrier, and him wearing a mask?

1. The glass where Ashli came through was busted out. So no barrier there.

2. His warning was directed - and likely yelled - at Ashli.

3. The other people present - being randos - were not yelling at her ... at least until she took the bullet.

4. You seriously think that a mask prevents a speaker's speech from being heard ... particularly if they are yelling ? (which the officer undoubtedly was)

It sucks - particularly if you're Ashli Babbitt ... but play stupid games, win stupid prizes ...

It's a tough deal ... but maybe next time don't do the insurrection ?

Ya might actually live to tell to about it.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Between the mic and the officer giving the warning.

Between the person the warning was being directed at, well, not so much ...

Broken-out window ... remember ?

Only if the barrier was between the person the warning was being directed at and the person giving it.

We know that in this case the barrier (the window glass) was removed ... because Ashli climbed through the broken-out window.

I don't disagree with that.

My guess is that he did.

1. The glass where Ashli came through was busted out. So no barrier there.

2. His warning was directed - and likely yelled - at Ashli.

3. The other people present - being randos - were not yelling at her ... at least until she took the bullet.

4. You seriously think that a mask prevents a speaker's speech from being heard ... particularly if they are yelling ? (which the officer undoubtedly was)

It sucks - particularly if you're Ashli Babbitt ... but play stupid games, win stupid prizes ...

It's a tough deal ... but maybe next time don't do the insurrection ?

Ya might actually live to tell to about it.
This sounds like a Left Keith Olbermann response. Be better. No just because you play stupid games you shouldn't get blasted away without proper warning and justification,. And remember he shot her without ascertaining if she was even armed. But most likely she didn't see him because he was hidden and off to the side. There was the glass barrier where he was at plus furniture to hide his view. No witness on the side she was at heard supposed command. He also had a mask on. How many times in the past year have I heard someone just a few feet away say something to me with a mask on and I couldn't understand a word of it? Plenty.
Couple that with the glass barrier where he was standing off to the side, plus the crowd noise.
Highly unlikely she heard or saw the guy.
The officer should have been cognitive of this.

dalscott

Expert Expediter
Look how Trump kept average gas prices below the 3 dollar mark throughout his presidency. Biden took around 6 months to shatter that.

As was said before, it was the supply and demand. Prices went down during the Trump administration because of less demand and are going up now because of increased demand.

As I also said before, I didn’t see you blaming President Nixon or Ford or George W. For the increases during their presidency‘s including the highest prices in our history. I also said that I didn’t put the blame on them because I don’t know what they could’ve done about it. I feel the same way about President Biden. And you should too.

Reactions: RLENT

Shotcallerj

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
As was said before, it was the supply and demand. Prices went down during the Trump administration because of less demand and are going up now because of increased demand.

As I also said before, I didn’t see you blaming President Nixon or Ford or George W. For the increases during their presidency‘s including the highest prices in our history. I also said that I didn’t put the blame on them because I don’t know what they could’ve done about it. I feel the same way about President Biden. And you should too.
Lol no....that's not how it works. Maybe for other goods and services, but not for fuel. If you recall during the Trump administration, the economy was that an all-time high with numerous records in the stock market being broken. Freight was very plentiful.... And the GDP was the highest it had been in a very long time. Over 4% at the beginning of 2018.

The reason fuel was so much cheaper was because president Trump was making it to where we were using our oil and fuel Instead of depending on foreign Nations for oil and fuel. Whenever you control something you're able to set your price. Whenever someone else controls something they are the ones who set the price.

Of course it doesn't help whenever you have a president that shuts down a pipeline that is going to lead to even cheaper prices, but then turns around and goes ahead and green lights a foreign Nations pipeline (Russia).

But fuel prices aren't the only thing that is going up. Food prices, consumer goods, healthcare costs, taxes, national debt, distrust in the government, amount of criminal illegals streaming through our borders.....

The list goes on and on. So trying to pretend that his economic policies as well as agenda has nothing to do with the increase of prices that is literally strangling the middle class.... Is absolutely laughable. Democrats know what the score is and already have admitted that they're most likely going to lose the house as well as the Senate. They won't have Trump and his mean tweets to parade around as a reason to vote for them. Nor will they have low restrictive mail-in ballot voting to pad their numbers.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

What were average gas prices over a year and a half ago when the economy was doing great and we had around 9 million more people working and using transportation? Over 3? Not a chance.

Reactions: Shotcallerj

Shotcallerj

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
What were average gas prices over a year and a half ago when the economy was doing great and we had around 9 million more people working and using transportation? Over 3? Not a chance.
God I miss those $1.99 days. Made expedite worth it! I couldn't imagine being in it now. You wouldn't make much of a profit partly from increased fuel prices.

Reactions: muttly

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
This sounds like a Left Keith Olbermann response.

Nope.

No just because you play stupid games you shouldn't get blasted away without proper warning and justification,.

That proper warning was given was attested to by the officer and other witnesses, and he had ample justification.

It was a good shoot IMO ... if you can call any shooting "good".

And remember he shot her without ascertaining if she was even armed.

"Miss, if you could perhaps spare a few moments from your insurrectioning and the ongoing riot you are participating in, I'd like to inquire whether you are carrying a firearm or any explosive devices that you might be willing to deploy in the very near future ..."

But most likely she didn't see him because he was hidden and off to the side.

Regardless, one can certainly assume she heard her fellow domestic terrorists screaming that the officer had a gun.

Did that cause her to pause and reflect on the course of action she was undertaking ?

No, it did not.

Unfortunate (for her) and tragic.

There was the glass barrier where he was at plus furniture to hide his view.

Didn't hide his view to the point where couldn't draw an accurate bead on her though, did it ?

No witness on the side she was at heard supposed command. He also had a mask on.

Provide the sworn witness statements.

How many times in the past year have I heard someone just a few feet away say something to me with a mask on and I couldn't understand a word of it? Plenty.

When I was a young child I was taken to the doctor for earwax removal. He took a large syringe - about the size of a grease gun - and injected warm water into my ears and then sucked it back out ... along with a couple of balls of wax. It was fairly impressive ... if somewhat painful.

It's something you might wish to consider having done.

Couple that with the glass barrier where he was standing off to the side, plus the crowd noise.

"No warning", "glass barrier", "crowd noise", "mask".

Wash, rinse, and repeat.

Highly unlikely she heard or saw the guy.

Stupid is ...

How stupid can one be ?

Dead stupid.

The officer should have been cognitive of this.

I think the word you're actually looking for is cognizant ...

Reactions: Ragman

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Nope.

That proper warning was given was attested to by the officer and other witnesses, and he had ample justification.

It was a good shoot IMO ... if you can call any shooting "good".

"Miss, if you could perhaps spare a few moments from your insurrectioning and the ongoing riot you are participating in, I'd like to inquire whether you are carrying a firearm or any explosive devices that you might be willing to deploy in the very near future ..."

Regardless, one can certainly assume she heard her fellow domestic terrorists screaming that the officer had a gun.

Did that cause her to pause and reflect on the course of action she was undertaking ?

No, it did not.

Unfortunate (for her) and tragic.

Didn't hide his view to the point where couldn't draw an accurate bead on her though, did it ?

Provide the sworn witness statements.

When I was a young child I was taken to the doctor for earwax removal. He took a large syringe - about the size of a grease gun - and injected warm water into my ears and then sucked it back out ... along with a couple of balls of wax. It was fairly impressive ... if somewhat painful.

It's something you might wish to consider having done.

"No warning", "glass barrier", "crowd noise", "mask".

Wash, rinse, and repeat.

Stupid is ...

How stupid can one be ?

Dead stupid.

I think the word you're actually looking for is cognizant ...
Yep. Classic Keith Olberman like delusional response: "play stupid games, burp..win stupid..burp.prizes."

He had a bead on her because he was off to the side behind glass and stacked furniture hiding from view .She never saw him or heard him from where she tried to enter.
Oh so now she was supposed to ascertain what antifa/ blm camera guy was saying 8 feet away with other people yelling or even if she may have heard anything from the crowd that she knew WHO they were talking about, or what someone she didn't see, was planning to do with the gun. All the officers there had a gun, so what? They weren't using them.
Proper warning was given attested by officer? Of course he would say that. It's in his interest.
The witness, one of them at least, said that once you draw your weapon like that, you HAVE to defend yourself with deadly force. Uh, no. An officer can draw his weapon, but he doesn't HAVE to use deadly force. Only when imminent danger of great bodily harm. The officer can prepare himself to shoot, but ascertain the threat level properly.
The witness doesn't know what they're talking about with regards to proper warning. A proper warning would be a command someone on the receiving end could hear properly.
Not a muzzled command underneath a mask, with glass breaking, behind a barrier and people making noise.
The officer didn't ascertain much of anything before shooting: If she were armed, Would she continue to advance on him once she saw the barrel of the gun?
Just a quick, panicked shoot.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Yep. Classic Keith Olberman like delusional response: "play stupid games, burp..win stupid..burp.prizes."

Nope.

He had a bead on her because he was off to the side behind glass and stacked furniture hiding from view.

I'd say he wasn't "hiding from view" as much as he using the structure of the building for his own personal protection ... from a deranged, lunatic mob which was bent on being violent. As reported by Paul Sperry, the officer had taken up a defensive stance.

Police are trained in such things you know.

She never saw him or heard him from where she tried to enter.

You can't really say that with any certainty ... because you weren't there (immediately with her, no idea if you were at the riot) ... and you certainly aren't her.

Oh so now she was supposed to ascertain what antifa/ blm camera guy was saying 8 feet away with other people yelling

Well, it wasn't only the camera guy that shouted "GUN !" (or "HE'S GOT A GUN!") ... another guy did as well.

BTW - I was able to ascertain what Ashli was SCREAMING (at 1:09 in the video) pretty easily ... even though she was 8' away from the camera guy:

"BREAK IT DOWN !"

Yeah ... Dear Little St. Ashli of MAGA-LAND ... she was a wannabe domestic TRUMPER terrorist.

or even if she may have heard anything from the crowd that she knew WHO they were talking about, or what someone she didn't see, was planning to do with the gun.

So, having admitted the possibility that she may have heard the warning that someone had a gun ... exactly how do you account for her continuing to proceed into an area - inside a RESTRICTED GOVERNMENT BUILDING she had entered in violation of the law - where LAWFUL AUTHORITY was attempting to prevent her and others from entering ?

All the officers there had a gun, so what? They weren't using them.

Show me where in the video that you are able to see all the guns all the officers supposedly had that enables you to make that claim.

Proper warning was given attested by officer? Of course he would say that. It's in his interest.

He wasn't the only one who attested it apparently.

The witness, one of them at least, said that once you draw your weapon like that, you HAVE to defend yourself with deadly force. Uh, no.

You are referring to Oklahoma Republican Rep. Markwayne Mullin.

He's the one that made that statement.

An officer can draw his weapon, but he doesn't HAVE to use deadly force. Only when imminent danger of great bodily harm. The officer can prepare himself to shoot, but ascertain the threat level properly.

I don't disagree with any of that.

But I do agree with Rep. Mullin and think the officer assessed the threat level correctly.

Personally, don't know about others, but I think being alone (no other officers with him for back up) on one side of the doors - which some of the windows were broken out of - and knowing a riot was occurring and having a violent mob on the other side - which was attempting to break out more windows and actually break through the doors and gain access to the side I was on, would probably put me in fear of imminent bodily harm to myself, and given the particular circumstances, to others as well.

The witness doesn't know what they're talking about with regards to proper warning. A proper warning would be a command someone on the receiving end could hear properly. Not a muzzled command underneath a mask, with glass breaking, behind a barrier and people making noise.

You're just making this up as you go along ... right ?

The officer didn't ascertain much of anything before shooting: If she were armed, Would she continue to advance on him once she saw the barrel of the gun?

He ascertained that:

1. There was a mob that was attempting to breakdown doors to gain access to the persons of US elected officials which he was charged with protecting.

2. That the mob had committed violence ... and appeared to be intent on committing more.

3. That the mob could not be reasoned with, nor would they comply with lawful commands.

4. That the individual in question - Ashli Babbitt - was part of that mob.

Just a quick, panicked shoot.

It wasn't all that quick ... but law enforcement officers are often forced to make split second decisions that can be a matter of life and death.

Might be something to keep in mind for the future.

Last edited:

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
As someone with hearing issues I would have been hard pressed to hear even my own thoughts let alone the cop yell anything like "stop I have a gun" with all the yelling in that lobby. Add a mask which does make it harder to hear someone talk even in a quiet room.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Any more news on the charging of the officer who shot Babbitt ?

Will Sidney Powell be reprising her former role as US Attorney and acting as prosecutor in the case ?

And this right here makes you look less intelligent.....not stupid just less intelligent.
I mean you run your own business but you like Biden.....you hate trump because he pulled the mask off the Democrat leadership.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
More like highly partisan wishful thinking ... with a dose of excuse-making/water carrying for domestic terrorists thrown in for good measure.
I don't support or make excuses for DT's.
What evidence do you have that she was one?

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There was at least one other person there that had his gun drawn. You mentioned him earlier as a flat top. So he was not alone as you stated.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
As someone with hearing issues I would have been hard pressed to hear even my own thoughts let alone the cop yell anything like "stop I have a gun" with all the yelling in that lobby. Add a mask which does make it harder to hear someone talk even in a quiet room.
He apparently heard the officers command on a (phantom) video, but couldn't produce it and also contradicts the officers lawyer that said it wasn't heard on video. Rabbit ears apparently.

Last edited: