The Trump Card...

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I think that would be a big assumption. Almost a riddle, I trash democrats all the time yet I am not a Republican. What am I? Be careful how you answer.
OK, knee-jerk reaction is "old fuddy duddy." But in reality I think you're someone who has decided to live his life thinking for himself.

"Oh, the horror," said every liberal Democrat, ever.

"That's cray cray," said the hipster 'crats.

Personally (since, you know, Kippy has decided to hijack the thread and make it about me), I dabble in progressive liberalism on some issues, and dabble in conservatism in other areas, but mostly I'm Libertarian. Meaning, I'm very anti "telling other people what to do, how to think, and how to live their lives." Conservatives won't let me in their meetings, because telling other people what to do and how to live their lives is their lifeblood. And liberals don't want anything to do with me because I refuse to let them tell me how to think.

Think we are in the same place. Less government is a win regardless of what party is in.

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Show me the data to back your crime claims ..
The data can be found at the Government Accountability Office and the State Department Office of the Inspector General, as well as at Homeland Security. The University of California at Davis (not exactly a bastion of conservatism or of immigration reduction) compiled the data in a report.

Also, DHS and DOJ released a report that found that 94 percent of foreign-born inmates in Federal prisons are illegal immigrants. Interesting.

You should probably also check this out.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAEegQIDBAB&usg=AOvVaw3kvEdt9mOofIrRl9CN7kGe

.in fact FBI statics show that 1st generation immigrants commit less crimes than trailer park trash and inner city goons
In fact that only includes legal immigrants with current legal status.

You probably getting your information from your friends in your inbred conservative circles that spread falsehoods as facts
Stop using the word "you." Because that one gets YOU an official warning. The next warning gets your Soapbox posting privileges revoked.

Listen America is open to everyone and that includes s.h.ithole countries and
American is open to whoever America says.

Reactions: davekc

Kip life

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
The data can be found at the Government Accountability Office and the State Department Office of the Inspector General, as well as at Homeland Security. The University of California at Davis (not exactly a bastion of conservatism or of immigration reduction) compiled the data in a report.

Also, DHS and DOJ released a report that found that 94 percent of foreign-born inmates in Federal prisons are illegal immigrants. Interesting.

You should probably also check this out.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAEegQIDBAB&usg=AOvVaw3kvEdt9mOofIrRl9CN7kGe

In fact that only includes legal immigrants with current legal status.

Stop using the word "you." Because that one gets YOU an official warning. The next warning gets your Soapbox posting privileges revoked.

American is open to whoever America says.
Alright turtle we agree to disagree.

Good day sir

Sent from my SM-N900T using EO Forums mobile app

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Looks like there is or was a "secret society" in the FBI against Trump.
FBI Agents Allegedly Texted About ‘Secret Society’ The Day After Trump’s Election [VIDEO]

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Mutt, you're quoting the Daily Caller, (which comes from the right side of Tucker Carlson's head), based on statements from Trey Gowdy, (whose favorite activity is listening to himself pontificate), that says "may have been" which is probably as accurate as our fearless leader saying "I heard it somewhere, it's out there". Just saying, IMO, so many are clutching at straws to discredit the investigation and/or derail it completely. I don't want this president reelected, but I don't want him removed from office under a cloud either. At this point I want to know where the evidence leads and I wish our Congress would let Mueller do his job because they need to focus on the many problems that face our country.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Mutt, you're quoting the Daily Caller, (which comes from the right side of Tucker Carlson's head), based on statements from Trey Gowdy, (whose favorite activity is listening to himself pontificate), that says "may have been" which is probably as accurate as our fearless leader saying "I heard it somewhere, it's out there". Just saying, IMO, so many are clutching at straws to discredit the investigation and/or derail it completely. I don't want this president reelected, but I don't want him removed from office under a cloud either. At this point I want to know where the evidence leads and I wish our Congress would let Mueller do his job because they need to focus on the many problems that face our country.

Congress is interfering with Mueller doing his job? That's a new one. He was given a lot of latitude in his investigation with no time frame on when to complete it. Mueller will keep chugging along with 'that Russian thing', regardless.
It's not just Trey Gowdy. But he was only repeating what was being said in the text message by Page and Strzok about a "secret society". Sen Ron Johnson was interviewed earlier and confirmed a whistleblower who said that this Secret Society has met off site from the FBI.
Imo, it's a lot more than clutching at straws. You have the troubling content of those texts along with the 5 months of texts that the FBI wasn't able to retain and preserve. Let that sink in for a moment. That is what the FBI is supposed to be able to do: retain,retrieve and preserve evidence.
OffEJTR.gif

Last edited:

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"America is open to everyone" is a false mantra that has been promoted by liberal Democrats for quite a few years to advance their own political agenda, but has no basis in fact. The USA has NEVER been open to everyone, and will disintegrate into a balkanized mess if that ever becomes its policy. Already, there are those who seriously think that the state of California should secede from the union without considering how they would survive without all the federal subsidies provided by the federal government. In spite of all that, CA has the highest poverty rate in the country.** There should be a standard met by LEGAL immigrants indicating they are willing to assimilate into the American culture and contribute to their adopted society. Just because they're illiterate and come from a dilapidated,crime-infested country shouldn't qualify them to impose themselves on our doorstep demanding succour.

**Why is liberal California the poverty capital of America?

Reactions: Dell and Turtle

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door! The Statue of Liberty-Ellis Island Foundation, Inc.

Note the above was mounted on a plaque and installed on the Statue Of Liberty in 1903 in the middle of REPUBLICAN Teddy Roosevelt's term.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door! The Statue of Liberty-Ellis Island Foundation, Inc.

Note the above was mounted on a plaque and installed on the Statue Of Liberty in 1903 in the middle of REPUBLICAN Teddy Roosevelt's term.
Emma Lazarus wrote poetry, not policy. Regardless of what someone thinks our nation’s immigration policy should be today, it shouldn’t be determined by a schmaltzy sonnet written for a different era. We live in a very different era of immigration now, and the sentimental sonnet offers a dangerously distorted picture of the relationship between newcomers and the new land. They are rarely the poorest of the poor because it takes some resources to migrate. The most afflicted, as Lazarus described them, are the folks who get left behind.

Most immigrants don't come here because they are tired, poor, wretched refuse, homeless, or tempest-tost. They come here because the times got tough so they got up and got going, or they are simply looking for the BBD (Bigger, Better Deal).

Even the phrase, "huddled masses yearning to breathe free," distorts reality. Sure, lots of people have come to the United States for political reasons, including the ever-increasing number of people who have discovered the "I fear for my life" refugee status loophole, and that is an important component of our immigration history. But, most have come here because they saw an opportunity to improve their social and economic well-being, and many others (increasingly) have come just because they wanted to be with family who had already made the trip.

The fact is, for as long as the Statue of Liberty has stood in New York Harbor, the United States has had policies to block immigration by people considered too poor to make it on their own, or too sick or who are morally, politically or socially unfit. Of course most of those existing policies get stepped on with the lottery visa program, because none of those policies apply.

Immigration policies need to be, and largely had been historically, reinvented by every generation for the needs of that generation. Like any national endeavor that requires some tough decisions, with the management of immigration requiring public support based on self-interests, contemporary realities and articulable future goals, not to mention enduring values.

The time is rapidly approaching get to a reasonable and productive debate over immigration policy for a new generation. But however that comes to be, it is not going to happen by looking to Emma Lazarus for inspiration. It's a sentiment for a different era, one that no longer applies today.

Reactions: blackpup

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Alas, the poem referenced above was not an expression of Teddy's immigration policy. It was written in 1883 by Emma Lazarus and donated to help raise money for construction of the statue's pedestal (notice the US Govt didn't pay for it). Speaking of Roosevelt's foreign policies, let's take a look at what immigration policy was actually like around the time of his presidency, before and after. Keep in mind that Roosevelt was considered a progressive at the time.

* 1882 - the Chinese exclusion law curbed Chinese immigration. Also excluded were persons convicted of political offenses, lunatics, idiots, and persons likely to become public charges (emphasis mine). The law placed a head tax on each immigrant.
* 1885 - admission of contract laborers was banned
* 1888 - provisions were adopted--the first since 1798--to provide for expulsion of aliens.
* 1903 - immigration law was consolidated. Polygamists and political radicals were added to the exclusion list.
* 1906 - procedural safeguards for naturalization were enacted. Knowledge of English was made a basic requirement.
* 1907 - a bill increased the head tax on immigrants, and added people with physical or mental defects or tuberculosis and children unaccompanied by parents to the exclusion list. Japanese immigration became restricted.
* 1917 - added to the exclusion list were illiterates, persons of psychopathic inferiority, men as well as women entering for immoral purposes, alcoholics, stowaways, and vagrants.

Source: History of U.S. Immigration Laws | Federation for American Immigration Reform

Historically, even the "huddled masses" were required to learn the English language, assimilate into the American culture and be able to support themselves and be a productive member of society. Somehow we got away from that policy thanks in no small part to Teddy Kennedy and other liberals - but that's probably subject matter for a separate thread.

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Chris Cuomo to Sarah Isgur Flores, a DOJ spokesperson (paraphrased): "Have you seen any proof of a secret society within the FBI?"

Seems like a pretty straightforward question, one that if it's a ridiculous notion deserves a pretty straightforward "No" as an answer.

Even if there was a secret society at the FBI, the proper answer would still be "No." lol

But she didn't say that. Instead she acted like the world's top ranked dodgeball champion. You can't help but wonder why.

In any event, watching her display her skills is entertaining.

DOJ official dodges 'secret society' questions

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz used forensic tools to recover all those 5 month's worth of missing text messages from agents Love and Bird. Forensics tools are used to undelete data, not to recover data that was never there to begin with. Which means there was no glitch, those texts were straight up deleted by someone. And I bet he knows who deleted them, too.