The Trump Card...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I really love it when there's a contentious hot topic happening and what the results are on Wikipedia. You can go into Wiki and see the edits, re-edits and discussions. Like, when even before Bruce Jenner announced he was going to become a woman, the edits were fast and furious to change all the pronouns, and even things like "She became the first woman to win the Men's Decathalon in the Olympics." SJWs can be rabid, and it's no different with lefty politics.

When stuff happens, it happens quick on Wiki. Take a look at this Twitter post, and be sure to scroll down to see the other edits. :D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
its good the administration is correcting the over sights that happen when things get pushed thru without thinking things out .

Reactions: Turtle

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
and of course the legal green Card holders/legal residents have also been approved as well....
the story I read the DHS implimented some rules incorrectly and sporactic across differently entry points...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
and of course PEMEX is considering not exporting their oil to the US....

Trump’s envisioned tariff would mean U.S. refiners, reliant on Mexican crude, are likely to pass along the cost to American motorists.

“Assuming they’re proposing to impose a 20 percent tax on imports on countries from which we run a trade deficit, then we can expect gasoline prices to rise 30 cents per gallon,” said Phil Verleger, president of the economic-consulting company PKVerleger LLC by phone from Carbondale, Colorado.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
guess i think a little deeper at what could go wrong if the wind blows from a different direction...I am not thinking with the Stars and Bars or party afflilation blocking my view.

Last edited:
Reactions: Worn Out Manager

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
and of course the legal green Card holders/legal residents have also been approved as well....
the story I read the DHS implimented some rules incorrectly and sporactic across differently entry points...
The problem is that clear directives on procedures weren't communicated to the immigration officials at the points of entry. Live and learn. But they got it all sorted out rather quickly. Most people who ere detained were processed through within 3 hours, and everyone else within 24 hours. The longest detainee I've read about was 18 hours.

Did you know there are 22 countries that will not let you into the country if you have a passport from Israel, or if you have a Israeli stamp in your passport showing that you've even visited Israel? Not seeing a lot of protests over that.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Some countries just don't have the documentation process Canada had that DHS required... just a birth certificate is near impossible in some countries ... the need to have responsible references is tough as well.. and then I needed a sponsor .. one that would guarantee I would not be on welfare for 5 yrs...
Now that's just for a permanent resident status with green card
Almost $3,000 US it costs...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Nice read.Trump must explain himself to supporters like me - CNN
Trump must explain himself to supporters like me - CNN.com
Yep, good read. It's also an excellent illustration of bad and selective memory.

For example, she says "But often it seems that Trump wants to close the door to aspiring Americans [immigrants]. If that is not the case, I think he should say so, explicitly, especially after this weekend, because there is so much hysteria and misinformation. He needs to start separating fact from fiction, because no one else will do that for him."

I can't even count how many times Trump has said, explicitly, that he opposes illegal immigration. He said it all through the campaign, during every one of the debates, since the election, and since becoming President. He's even said it since signing the executive order after this weekend. He's never once said he opposed immigration, much less for aspiring Americans. If you come here legally, you can aspire to become an American. If you come here illegally, you have no shot at becoming an American.

"I'm in favor of people coming into this country legally. As far as the visas are concerned, if we need people they have--it's fine. They have to come into this country legally. We have a country of laws. It's fine if they come in, but they have to come in legally." Donald Trump, Oct 28, 2015.

Then she said, "The problem is, at one point in his campaign, Trump promised to ban Muslims. He even promised to create a Muslim registry. These proposals are at odds with the man whom I understand Trump to be."

Three problems there. No, he didn't promise to ban Muslims. He suggested, not promised, that we cease allowing Muslims into the country temporarily until such time as we can determine which ones are radicalized and want to do us harm. Second, after saying that about Muslims, which everyone immediately conflated to a ban based on religion, Trump backed off and never said it again. But everything he's said since then doesn't matter, because that's all they want to remember. Third, he absolutely did not say that he even wanted, much less promised to create, a Muslim registry.

The only registries that he's advocated for is a registry for all refugees, and to reintroduce the National Registry for visitors from countries with active terrorist groups, a registry program that was first installed in 1991 for nonimmigrant travelers entering the United States from Iraq and Kuwait, and over the years was expanded to other countries with a link to terrorism. After 911 the program was revamped into the National Security Entry-Exit Registration System, or Nseers, and was in place until Obama did away with it in 2011. After the election of Trump, when he said he was considering reintroducing the program, Obama freaked. There was big news when a member of Trump's transition team was photographed with a document of first-year proposals that included, under the rubric “Bar the Entry of Potential Terrorists,” a proposal to reintroduce the registry program. Three days before Christmas Obama completely dismantled the legal framework for the dormant program, in an attempt to thwart Trump from rolling back his immigration policies.

I do agree with her, 100%, where she says, "In real terms, he must be more deliberate with his words and actions. His operating premise should be to over-communicate his exact plans and intentions. He cannot afford to allow others the opportunity to misinterpret what he's doing."

Just the same, if you have been paying attention, particularly to the truth and not to what the MSM has been spoon feeding everybody, his plans and intentions are crystal clear.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
A Senate committee has approved Republican donor and school choice advocate Betsy DeVos for education secretary. I think that's a mistake. I think she will be a disaster.