The Trump Card...

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
That's not the poll I voted in.. mine said Trump won by a very good margin!

The poll I linked (or tried to) was actually a real poll, conducted by a legitimate polling organization ... not an online "troll poll" that anyone can vote in ... which are not statistically representative of public opinion.

If you don't know the difference between the two, it's probably a good indication of why we find ourselves in our present circumstances ...

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
After following this election for the last year, I've decided to become one of those crazy prepper guys.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
A thoroughly biased rendition of the debate. Good job on ferreting such a needle in the haystack of impartiality.

Oh ... It's as least as biased as describing Donald Trump as "virtuous" ...

LOL ...
I realize that you're trying to Jake Tapper me and put a different meaning on what I said, but my comment in that regard was completely unbiased. I said his history as a businessman and and developer is by definition a civic virtue. I did not call Donald Trump virtuous. They are very different conceptual ideas. Many of the things he has done as a businessman and developer (crass, naked, evil capitalism aside) has benefited society in many ways, not the least of which is when he took large sections of crumbling Manhattan that the banks and developers had washed their hands of, and began a rebuilding and development resurgence that arguably saved the city.

Donald Trump the person doesn't strike me particularly as being virtuous at all. However, having said that, he's done some pretty virtuous things, most of which fall under the radar in political campaigns.

He saved the Central Park ice skating rink by taking over the way-over-budget project and finished it two months ahead of his own schedule, in time for Christmas, and did it $700,000 under budget. The city had been working on the renovation for 8 years, 2 different contractors went bankrupt, and the experimental refrigeration system did work, it was a mess, the city was basically back to square one. He then operated the rink for a year and donated all of the profits to charity.

When Trump found out the man who ran the Harlem Hoops Tournament died in the 9/11 attack, he tracked down the family and donated the money to keep the tournament going and fund the organization. Every year since then he has funded the Harlem Hoop, and it's Slam Jam Women's Classic. Trump's a racist, though.

When the Detroit High School for the Fine and Performing Arts Symphonic Band received an invitation to perform at Carnegie Hall, they tried to raise enough money to make the trip, but fell way short of the $61,000 necessary. Trump fully funded the trip. And did so for the next 6 years in which they were invited.

A Buffalo bus driver talked a women down off a bridge, averting her suicide. Trump sent the man ten grand.

Barbara Res, a 33 year old, became the first woman to be put in charge of the construction of a skyscraper when Trump hired her in 1980.

Trump routinely donates money to charity, including the American Cancer Society, American Diabetes Association, Autism Speaks, Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America. St Jude's Children's Hospital in Memphis, among others. He also supports the Gay Men's Health Crisis on the one hand, and the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association on the other.

Trump's clearly kind of a tool but he's not the total dick many people think he is.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
As per the CoC, links to another site that provides information that helps answer another member's question, that furthers discussion of a topic, or is just of general interest to members on that particular topic, are fine. Posting a multitude of "here, look, I found an article that supports my agenda!" posts containing solely a link to the article without any comment to further the discussion, not so much. It is not conducive to the community and comes close to spamming.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
melania-trump-2-0ee5234b-1475-4f21-aea0-0eba04994c12.jpg

Melania Trump at the debate

CuX1C04UkAA4iYE.jpg

Melania Trump's pussy-bow silk crepe de chine shirt at Net-A-Porter for $1,100.

I do love a good irony. :JC-hysterical:

Reactions: Windsor