Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Election denier AG saying stuff:

• Haha
Reactions: Ragman and RLENT

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
A Pattern

The NY AG investigated and sued Trump University. That entity paid a large fine and no longer exists.

The NY AG investigated and sued the Trump Foundation. That entity paid a large fine and no longer exists.

The NY AG investigated and sued the Trump Organization. That entity ...

... is presently on life-support ?

:tearsofjoy:

Last edited:

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
But this is his account, under his direct control. If he would not stand for the flag alteration, why would he post it, allow it to be posted, or not have it removed after learning about it? More to the main question, if he is not expressing approval of Qanon, why would he post or allow this news-making image to be posted in his account?

"An Associated Press analysis found that of nearly 75 accounts Trump has reposted on his Truth Social profile in the past month, more than a third of them have promoted QAnon by sharing the movement's slogans, videos or imagery. About 1 in 10 include QAnon language or links in their profile bios.
After my earlier review something about the above AP quote didn't seem right, so I went back for a third look.
- "Nearly 75 accounts Trump has reposted"; an approximate number of all his reposts.
- "more than a third of them have promoted QAnon..." Approximately 25. That didn't appear to be anywhere near the case from what I saw, but what are the standards for their slogans, etc? It could be anything. IMHO this is a misrepresentation by the AP.
- "About 1 in 10 include QAnon language or links..." That would be 10% of the above ~25; 2 or 3. I found the one picture (above) and the possible one other. That would total TWO reposts. Not one original post from Trump mentioning or even acknowledging QAnon was noted by AP.
Or, maybe this is exactly what Trump wants. I don't believe for a second that Trump is not paying close if not continuous attention to his posts on Truth Social and responses to them.
Agreed - no doubt he closely monitors his posts, but most if not all of his reposts are probably handled by staff. A man of Trump's position has more important things to do than oversee every one of these things on his social media account - he doesn't have the time.
Some have suggested Trump is openly embracing Qanon. There certainly seems to be evidence out there to support that view. So the next question is this. If it is true that Trump is openly embracing Qanon, why is he doing so? He did not do so before. Why is he doing so now?
There is no direct evidence of Trump having ever embraced QAnon and your reasoning is spot on: there's no reason for him to do so now. There's no upside for him to be connected to a wacko conspiracy group like this under any circumstances. This AP article invents some convoluted reasoning to connect Trump to QAnon, but in the final analysis it's misinformation. However, it promotes the Biden narrative of Trump being an extremist supported by extremist groups. They'll use a broad brush to paint every major Republican candidate and their voters in this manner.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
After my earlier review something about the above AP quote didn't seem right, so I went back for a third look.
- "Nearly 75 accounts Trump has reposted"; an approximate number of all his reposts.
- "more than a third of them have promoted QAnon..." Approximately 25. That didn't appear to be anywhere near the case from what I saw, but what are the standards for their slogans, etc? It could be anything. IMHO this is a misrepresentation by the AP.
- "About 1 in 10 include QAnon language or links..." That would be 10% of the above ~25; 2 or 3. I found the one picture (above) and the possible one other. That would total TWO reposts. Not one original post from Trump mentioning or even acknowledging QAnon was noted by AP.
I'll take your word for it. I'm not on Truth Social to do such an analysis myself. And if I was, the care and tone you demonstrated above leads me to believe your report is accurate.
Agreed - no doubt he closely monitors his posts, but most if not all of his reposts are probably handled by staff. A man of Trump's position has more important things to do than oversee every one of these things on his social media account - he doesn't have the time.
I'll disagree on this one. Truth Social is Trump's new Twitter. He is likely glued to it like he was Twitter. In business, a company is responsible for the actions of its agents (employees). There is no way Trump is going to miss something or allow staff to post anything on Truth Social he does not want. He is too concerned about his image for that and, unlike the media, Trump is in total control of the narrative generated by his personal Truth Social account. In my book, re-truths count the same as truths posted in Trump's account. They came from or are knowingly permitted by Trump himself.

It's common for Trump supporters to blame negative developments on Trump staffers. That is proper sometimes. I'm skeptical of such claims pertaining to Trump's Truth Social account. I'm simply not buying it.

There is no direct evidence of Trump having ever embraced QAnon
The "Q lapel" image is direct evidence.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's like an insignificant religious cult that pajama boys on the internet identify with. It makes them feel like they're part of a group or movement, while in reality they're nothing. Better to worry about the neo-Nazis.
And so few of them that numbers are contrived as well.

5FC37C3E-B53B-4565-9EA3-79E5446B489C.jpeg

ATeam

Retired Expediter
More on the Declassification Question

In it's thorough rebuke of Judge Cannon's ruling, a three-judge panel of the Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit, a panel that included two Trump-appointed judges, said this about document declassification:

“Plaintiff [Trump] suggests that he may have declassified these documents when he was President. But the record contains no evidence that any of these records were declassified,” the judges write. “And before the special master, Plaintiff resisted providing any evidence that he had declassified any of these documents.”

“In any event, at least for these purposes, the declassification argument is a red herring because declassifying an official document would not change its content or render it personal. So even if we assumed that Plaintiff did declassify some or all of the documents, that would not explain why he has a personal interest in them.”

The special master, Judge Drearie, who Trump recommended for the job, said:

"If the government gives me prima facie evidence that this is classified, and you [Trump lawyers] decide not to advance a claim of declassification ... as far as I'm concerned that's the end of it,"

Indeed, this does seem to be the end of it. Unless and until Trump presents actual evidence in court that he declassified the documents in question, the documents are classified and will be treated as such.

Last edited:
Reactions: RLENT and Ragman

ATeam

Retired Expediter
My Faith in the Judicial Branch is Reinforced

In earlier posts, I have stated my generally positive opinion of the judicial branch of government, and the high opinion I have for judges in general. That view was recently reinforced.

A district court judge, Judge Cannon, made a ruling that numerous legal experts panned as nonsense. When that ruling was partially appealed, three judges on the appeals court concluded the same and overturned (eviscerated) Cannon's ruling.

There is a process in the judicial branch through which a bad ruling made by a mistaken judge can be overturned. We saw that happen in the Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit.

Earlier we've seen numerous judges, some of them nominated by Trump, reject the nonsensical cases Trump brought regarding the 2020 election. We've seen appeals court judges and even U.S. Supreme Court judges, several of whom were also nominated by Trump, rule against Trump in cases involving executive privilege and investigator access to Trump's tax records.

I must admit, I was a little worried that Cannon's bad ruling might be upheld by the 11th Circuit, which has several Trump-nominated judges on it and is said to be a "conservative court." I was relieved by the appeals court's decision and gratified by the thorough manner in which they crushed Cannon's bad ruling and the weak arguments Trump's lawyers made.

While that was bad news for Trump, it is very good news for the rule of law.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
There is no direct evidence of Trump having ever embraced QAnon ....
Other than the Q lapel pin picture previously discussed, I'm inclined to agree.

After reading several news reports about this, it's clear that one is taking its lead from another without confirming anything. There is a lot of unjustified dot-connecting and a lot of hand wringing, but few objectively verifiable facts that suggest Trump is openly embracing QAnon.

That said, there are numerous QAnon people citing various cues to support their statements that Trump is openly endorsing or associating himself with QAnon. That does not mean Trump is intentionally or even accidentally prompting this response from the top down. But it's a response clearly evident, coming from the bottom up.

It is not unusual to have grass-roots people place their hopes in a high-level individual and incorrectly vest all sorts of hopes in that individual. A number of Dodgecoin holders track Elon Musk's every move and pray he will sometime soon say something about Dodgecoin. When I was politically involved in Minnesota, we were perpetually annoyed by the fruitcakes that surfaced around the country claiming Gov. Ventura was running for president, which was false. Some cultists were so enamored with Jim Jones that they literally followed him to his death.

The press has made much of the QAnon salutes seen at a recent Trump rally. But I have not seen a single reporter ask even one of those people what that salute meant to them and why they were doing it.

On this topic, the press is clearly connecting dots that are not legitimately connected. And they are feeding on each other's unconfirmed reports to embellish the story they want to tell.

Reactions: danthewolf00

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Special Master to Trump RE Planted Evidence; Put Up or Shut Up

Special Master Judge Dearie issued a directive today. It includes the following:

"No later than September 30, 2022, Plaintiff [Trump] shall submit a declaration or affidavit that includes each of the following factual matters:

"a. A list of any specific items set forth in the Detailed Property Inventory that Plaintiff asserts were not seized from the Premises on August 8, 2022. ..." (Source)

It seems Judge Dearie will have none of the "planted evidence" lies Trump has been telling. If there are things that have been planted by the FBI as Trump suggests, Dearie is ordering Trump to state under oath what they are. The list of everything seized in the Mar-a-Lago search is known. Both parties have it. So, if there is something planted, it would be on the list.

But, what about something that is not on the list that may have been planted?

Dearie addressed that as well. He also wants:

"c. A detailed list and description of any item that Plaintiff asserts was seized from the Premises on August 8, 2022, but is not listed in the Detailed Property Inventory." (same source)

Dearie also writes this in his directive:

"This submission shall be Plaintiff’s final opportunity to raise any factual dispute as to the completeness and accuracy of the Detailed Property Inventory."
-------------------------
In other words:

Trump: The FBI planted evidence.
Dearie: Tell us what it is or STFU. And you don't get a second chance at this. Your final answer is required within six days.

It seems Trump's special master of choice has grasped Trump by the balls, and he's squeezing harder each day.

I am savoring the irony found in the fact that the special master would not even exist had Trump himself not gone to his judge of choice, Judge Cannon (now discredited) to get a special master involved. The DOJ won its appeal of Cannon's ruling which frees them to continue their investigation. Additionally, the Trump-sought special master continues his rapid, no-nonsense work; requiring Trump to do things he does not want to do and would not otherwise be required to do anytime soon.

Had Trump not sought a special master in the first place, he would not be in the legal mess he is now in. But he did, and he is.

Last edited: