The Trump Card...

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
But the reports are not saying the image depicting Trump wearing a Q pin on his right lapel was a real photo. They call it an image or photo-shopped image. I agree with you, Pilgrim. I think the image is a photo-shopped image.

My question is not about the image being photo-shopped. It's about the reports that say Trump himself posted that image on Truth Social. Example:

"Trump shared a picture of himself wearing a Q lapel pin, overlaid with the QAnon phrases “The Storm is Coming” and “WWG1WGA,” (an acronym for “Where We Go One, We Go All) on his Truth Social account September 12." (Source)

My question is easy to answer. Did Trump use his own Trump Social account to post this image on Truth Social?
Here ya go - as you can see, it was a ReTruth. We can also easily tell it's heavily photo-shopped. Notice that even the American flag pin on his left lapel has been whited out. Trump would never stand for that. I can also recall seeing a "The Storm is Coming...I Am The Storm" meme mixed in somewhere, but that meme was around before Trump announced his candidacy, so it has no value. Other than that I didn't see any other Q related Truths in my first or second searches, which were admittedly quick scans. As is to be expected, there are a LOT of Trump Truths and ReTruths so there's no doubt he has staff doing most of these posts for him. Personally, I don't think this establishes any sort of relationship between Trump and the Q-Anon nuts. It's one re-post and doesn't establish a pattern, in spite of what Media Matters may try to have us think.

My follow up question is why would they re-post this when it's obviously a fake? Maybe Trump needs better control over his Truth Social staff.

1663776248259.png

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT and muttly

ATeam

Retired Expediter
" While the lawsuit itself is not a criminal prosecution, James (D) said she has referred possible violations of federal law to the Justice Department and the IRS. (Source)"
Trump fought like hell to keep his tax info out of the hands of regulators and prosecutors. While he was able to drag things out, he eventually lost that fight. With that fight lost, evidence has been developed by the NY State AG and criminal referrals have been made. It's too early to know if anything will come from those referrals but documentary evidence (which is hard to refute) is now in plain view.

Reactions: RLENT

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Here ya go - as you can see, it was a ReTruth. We can also easily tell it's heavily photo-shopped. Notice that even the American flag pin on his left lapel has been whited out. Trump would never stand for that.
But this is his account, under his direct control. If he would not stand for the flag alteration, why would he post it, allow it to be posted, or not have it removed after learning about it? More to the main question, if he is not expressing approval of Qanon, why would he post or allow this news-making image to be posted in his account?
... Personally, I don't think this establishes any sort of relationship between Trump and the Q-Anon nuts. It's one re-post and doesn't establish a pattern, in spite of what Media Matters may try to have us think.
"An Associated Press analysis found that of nearly 75 accounts Trump has reposted on his Truth Social profile in the past month, more than a third of them have promoted QAnon by sharing the movement's slogans, videos or imagery. About 1 in 10 include QAnon language or links in their profile bios.

"Earlier this month, Trump chose a QAnon song to close out a rally in Pennsylvania. The same song appears in one of his recent campaign videos and is titled “WWG1WGA,” an acronym used as a rallying cry for Q adherents that stands for “Where we go one, we go all.”

"Online, Q adherents basked in Trump's attention."
(Source)

My follow up question is why would they re-post this when it's obviously a fake? Maybe Trump needs better control over his Truth Social staff.
Or, maybe this is exactly what Trump wants. I don't believe for a second that Trump is not paying close if not continuous attention to his posts on Truth Social and responses to them.

Some have suggested Trump is openly embracing Qanon. There certainly seems to be evidence out there to support that view. So the next question is this. If it is true that Trump is openly embracing Qanon, why is he doing so? He did not do so before. Why is he doing so now?

Reactions: RLENT

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
The People of New York v. Donald J. Trump et al.

NEW YORK — New York Attorney General Letitia James filed a lawsuit Wednesday accusing former president Donald Trump, three of his grown children and executives at his company of flagrantly manipulating property valuations to deceive lenders, insurance brokers and tax authorities into giving them better rates on bank loans and insurance policies and to reduce their tax liability.

The suit asks the New York Supreme Court to bar Trump, as well as Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump and Eric Trump, from serving as executives at any company in New York, and to bar the Trump Organization from acquiring any commercial real estate or receiving loans from any New York-registered financial institution for five years.

It seeks to recover more than $250 million in what James’s office says are ill-gotten gains received through the alleged deceptive practices. While the lawsuit itself is not a criminal prosecution, James (D) said she has referred possible violations of federal law to the Justice Department and the IRS. (Source)

Read the lawsuit here
Democrat ag can't charge with a crime so she sues trump.

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT and muttly

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Stephanie Ruhle tweet:

"If it's such a 'political witch hunt', why would the Trump family take the 5th so many times and then make a big settlement offer to avoid prosecution last week?"

• Haha
Reactions: danthewolf00

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Federal Appeals Court Rebukes Judge Cannon

Or put another way, three judges on the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, two of which are Trump appointees, shredded Judge Cannon's pro-Trump ruling and stomped the tiny pieces into the ground.

These three appeals court judges absolutely destroyed Judge Cannon's nonsensical ruling, picking it apart item by item.

The result is DOJ may use the classified documents to continue its investigation, effective immediately.

Also, as the Trump-recommended special master wanted, the special master will not be permitted to see these documents. Nor will the Trump legal team. That's because the documents contain highly sensitive information and these people do not have the requisite need to know, the appeals court said. Trump's claim made outside of court that the documents were declassified was irrelevant to these judges.

There's a lot more to this but that's the gist. Judge Cannon's pro-Trump ruling was exposed for the nonsense it is. And it was so exposed by a three-judge panel, which included two Trump-appointed judges, who unanimously agreed that Cannon's ruling was garbage.

This is a great day for the rule of law! Real judges applying real law and real facts in the case that is before them.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
A Pattern

The NY AG investigated and sued Trump University. That entity paid a large fine and no longer exists.

The NY AG investigated and sued the Trump Foundation. That entity paid a large fine and no longer exists.

The NY AG investigated and sued the Trump Organization. That entity ...