The Trump Card...

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Do you have a link on what he said considering you’ve taken on the role of whiny link hall monitor?

I'm sure I could find any number of them if I wanted to ... but I'm not going to post any of them, since it would only serve to give his incitement a platform here.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
And this is related to whatever Trump might have said how?

Well ... he has had a tendency towards incitement ... usually using coded language.

You know:

If you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore,

Look what happened from that.

He was calling for more "protests" just the other day at the "rally" in Conroe, TX.

People have seen and heard enough to understand how it works:

Georgia DA Requests FBI Protection After Donald Trump Threatens Protests

;)

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
And it’s ILLEGAL.

It's under investigation.

Get back to us when that investigation concludes and there is something to actually report ... other than a regurgitation of what has already been previously reported.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
View attachment 21214View attachment 21215

RLENT called this old news and he is right. But it is new news to me. I had not heard of this before muttly posted this here. I am surprised the story received so little coverage. Searching for more about this yielded far less coverage than I would have expected. This is an important development. An investigation into ballot harvesting -- an activity that is legal in 31 states but illegal in Georgia -- has in fact been opened. Where people like to criticize the media for a left-wing bias, the lack of coverage of this story provides a case in point.

As RLENT also said, points to muttly for including an actual link to his source instead of incomplete screen shots that are more misleading than informative. That link helped me dig deeper into this. It is an appreciated convenience for which I thank muttley.

Observations:

1. Where something is illegal and there is credible reason to believe the law was broken, an investigation should be done and charges should be filed where deemed appropriate by the investigators. Such charges can then be answered in court.

2. “We’ve actually prosecuted people for ballot harvesting. I’ve had several cases come before me on the state election board,” Raffensperger said on an episode of the "John Solomon Reports" podcast. "So we do have some information and we’re going to investigate that."

Raffensperger noted, however, that a private firm conducted a “statewide ballot harvesting analysis” regarding the 2020 election, which he said showed no irregularities.

“But that said, if people give us credible allegations we want to make sure that we [investigate], and we have that right now as an ongoing investigation," he said. (
Source)

3. Ballot harvesting is a practice in which someone other than the actual voter delivers that voter's absentee ballot to a drop box or other location where ballots are legally delivered. In the Georgia case, I see no one claiming that the ballots themselves are not lawful ballots, lawfully completed by legally registered voters. The issue being investigated is the means by which certain lawful ballots were delivered to be counted. This raises the question, does a lawful ballot that is illegally harvested remain a lawful ballot? While some writers or commentators offer opinions on this question, very little is said about this by state officials in the sparse coverage provided. More will likely be said if the investigation finds the practice to be widespread enough to actually affect the previously certified outcomes (Trump lost Georgia and Democrats won two U.S. Senate seats).

4. While I'm happy to wait for officials and maybe the courts to definitively answer the above question, I'm inclined to think the illegal acts were not committed by fraudulent voters. Raffensperger himself said the ballots in question are legal ballots. The people who should be concerned by the investigation are those being specifically targeted; namely, those who did the illegal ballot harvesting.

5. Personally, I think so-called ballot harvesting should remain legal in the 31 states where it is legal, and expanded to all U.S. states and territories. I want every citizen who is legally entitled to vote to be able to vote. In 2020, my wife and I obtained absentee ballots and cast them by delivering them to a proper drop box. I made that trip, delivering my ballot and "harvesting" my wife's. I'm mindful of the many people who because of physical handicaps, transportation issues, work conflicts, etc., would love to rely on family members or trusted friends to get their proper ballots to proper drop boxes (a delivery method that is more reassuring than trusting the post office to get the ballot in).

6. I also see where ballot harvesting on a mass scale by motivated individuals or groups can be a deep concern for many. The wise middle ground here, I would think, would be to limit ballot harvesting (actually ballot delivery) to immediate family members or trusted individuals who are identified and authorized as such by the voter.

Reactions: RLENT

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Dude, I can’t screenshot the entire opinion. That would be ridiculous. Just read the thing. It’s cut and dry. Precedent cases back up the decision. Voters decide the change in the constitution.
It's not cut and dry. And your are correct, you cannot practically post the entire screen shot. No one is asking you to do that. RLENT and I are asking you to post links to your sources, which is easily done and actually easier than producing a screen shot that provides only part of the story that is there to be understood.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
RLENT called this old news and he is right. But it is new news to me. I had not heard of this before muttly posted this here. I am surprised the story received so little coverage. Searching for more about this yielded far less coverage than I would have expected. This is an important development. An investigation into ballot harvesting -- an activity that is legal in 31 states but illegal in Georgia -- has in fact been opened. Where people like to criticize the media for a left-wing bias, the lack of coverage of this story provides a case in point.

As RLENT also said, points to muttly for including an actual link to his source instead of incomplete screen shots that are more misleading than informative. That link helped me dig deeper into this. It is an appreciated convenience for which I thank muttley.

Observations:

1. Where something is illegal and there is credible reason to believe the law was broken, an investigation should be done and charges should be filed where deemed appropriate by the investigators. Such charges can then be answered in court.

2. “We’ve actually prosecuted people for ballot harvesting. I’ve had several cases come before me on the state election board,” Raffensperger said on an episode of the "John Solomon Reports" podcast. "So we do have some information and we’re going to investigate that."

Raffensperger noted, however, that a private firm conducted a “statewide ballot harvesting analysis” regarding the 2020 election, which he said showed no irregularities.

“But that said, if people give us credible allegations we want to make sure that we [investigate], and we have that right now as an ongoing investigation," he said. (
Source)

3. Ballot harvesting is a practice in which someone other than the actual voter delivers that voter's absentee ballot to a drop box or other location where ballots are legally delivered. In the Georgia case, I see no one claiming that the ballots themselves are not lawful ballots, lawfully completed by legally registered voters. The issue being investigated is the means by which certain lawful ballots were delivered to be counted. This raises the question, does a lawful ballot that is illegally harvested remain a lawful ballot? While some writers or commentators offer opinions on this question, very little is said about this by state officials in the sparse coverage provided. More will likely be said if the investigation finds the practice to be widespread enough to actually affect the previously certified outcomes (Trump lost Georgia and Democrats won two U.S. Senate seats).

4. While I'm happy to wait for officials and maybe the courts to definitively answer the above question, I'm inclined to think the illegal acts were not committed by fraudulent voters. Raffensperger himself said the ballots in question are legal ballots. The people who should be concerned by the investigation are those being specifically targeted; namely, those who did the illegal ballot harvesting.

5. Personally, I think so-called ballot harvesting should remain legal in the 31 states where it is legal, and expanded to all U.S. states and territories. I want every citizen who is legally entitled to vote to be able to vote. In 2020, my wife and I obtained absentee ballots and cast them by delivering them to a proper drop box. I made that trip, delivering my ballot and "harvesting" my wife's. I'm mindful of the many people who because of physical handicaps, transportation issues, work conflicts, etc., would love to rely on family members or trusted friends to get their proper ballots to proper drop boxes (a delivery method that is more reassuring than trusting the post office to get the ballot in).

6. I also see where ballot harvesting on a mass scale by motivated individuals or groups can be a deep concern for many. The wise middle ground here, I would think, would be to limit ballot harvesting (actually ballot delivery) to immediate family members or trusted individuals who are identified and authorized as such by the voter.
It’s illegal in Georgia. The ballots may be legal, but the process of harvesting them for one political party to skirt the law for an election advantage while the other side played by the rules is at issue here.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's not cut and dry. And your are correct, you cannot practically post the entire screen shot. No one is asking you to do that. RLENT and I are asking you to post links to your sources, which is easily done and actually easier than producing a screen shot that provides only part of the story that is there to be understood.
My post with screenshots was in response to Rlent who had already commented initially on the ruling and had already came to the conclusion that the Republican judges didn’t come to the right ruling. I made the assumption that since he did all that he actually had read the ruling and it’s reasons already. That is why I didn’t post the link.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Observations:

Source)

If you dont like the way the numbers add up, change the formula, does not matter if the ballots were legit, if the person who cast that ballot was not able to deliver it themselves, they want that ballot thrown out. Its a way to manipulate the numbers to create the desired outcome.

The GOP knows that if there is expanded ballot access they will lose every time, so they have to put up roadblocks to voting so they can have any chance at all.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It’s illegal in Georgia. The ballots may be legal, but the process of harvesting them for one political party to skirt the law for an election advantage while the other side played by the rules is at issue here.
So every one of those ballots that were harvested were for Biden?

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So every one of those ballots that were harvested were for Biden?
Most likely. We shall see with the investigation. Monitor what Left lawyer groups come to the defense of those that will be charged. It will be telling.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Most likely. We shall see with the investigation. Monitor what Left lawyer groups come to the defense of those that will be charged. It will be telling.
Actually we wont know, remember there are no marks on the ballots to know who cast it. I doubt they kept those ballots segregated from other ballots.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Actually we wont know, remember there are no marks on the ballots to know who cast it. I doubt they kept those ballots segregated from other ballots.
It’s on video. So people will be identified and investigated.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes, the people who did the ballot harvesting, but as for who the harvested votes were for there is no way to find out.
If you think that is the case, it kind of goes toward the belief that since they won’t know whose ballots they are it is ripe for cheating and breaking the law. Nothing will be done and the ends justifies the means. “Ain’t cheating, not trying” attitude in election integrity.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If you think that is the case, it kind of goes toward the belief that since they won’t know whose ballots they are it is ripe for cheating and breaking the law. Nothing will be done and the ends justifies the means. “Ain’t cheating, not trying” attitude in election integrity.
I agree, the whole thing about ballots being private is ripe for fraud, even if you dont mark the persons name on the ballot put some kind of tracking number that can be tied to whose vote it is, so that later if found to be improper that vote can be removed.

Modern technology would allow everyone to vote without ever having to leave home and be secure, but the GOP would never allow that as it would be their end.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
While there was no mention of the subject, you asked me how I can claim moral authority over " a couple of nitwit state candidates" ( your term, not mine.
Although I didn't ask it, there's no arguing the point that you or any of the rest of us that have actually worked for a living and raised a family could claim moral authority over most nitwit politicians.

Reactions: muttly