The Trump Card...

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I heard in February.
The actual date is Feb 21st. I think it will be a big success because you will have him posting on his site along with a lot of his supporters, but also have a lot of people that will flock to it to respond to his posts. (Like twitter before they were against free speech and started removing conservatives with opposing viewpoints that they didn’t like) Probably even some in here that appear to be triggered by what he says will join.CF125C40-8AE5-4B62-8A73-DF54F78DDC1F.jpeg They might not admit it, but they’ll sign up on his site and keep it on the lowdown. Lol.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
The actual date is Feb 21st.
I had forgotten about TruthSocial. It was announced some time ago and then the story faded. Now we're hearing a launch date of Feb 21.

According to this reporting, it may launch then but likely in a limited fashion. There are more unknowns than knowns. Social media platforms are not easy to develop. They're hard. Political people do not have the requisite skills. Real techs are needed and this story raises the possibility Trump may not yet have them on a team dedicated to running this platform.

Google and Apple have their rules, and if Trump's Twitter and Facebook is any indication, he may run afoul of them too. Finally, Trump has complicated the effort with financial moves that have attracted attention of SEC regulators.

It will be interesting to see what actually happens on Feb 21, if anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: RLENT

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Regardless who she thought they were, it's a racist comment.

Yes indeed ... and quite possibly religiously-bigoted as well.

One kind of wonders with her long history of outlandish and unprofessional antics, whether she'll be a "one and done" ...

If that ends up being the case she can always fall back to be serving up bad food and making people sick at her sports bar in CO.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The actual date is Feb 21st. I think it will be a big success because you will have him posting on his site along with a lot of his supporters, but also have a lot of people that will flock to it to respond to his posts. (Like twitter before they were against free speech and started removing conservatives with opposing viewpoints that they didn’t like) Probably even some in here that appear to be triggered by what he says will join.View attachment 21151 They might not admit it, but they’ll sign up on his site and keep it on the lowdown. Lol.
A little more info about Truth Social:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I had forgotten about TruthSocial. It was announced some time ago and then the story faded. Now we're hearing a launch date of Feb 21.

According to this reporting, it may launch then but likely in a limited fashion. There are more unknowns than knowns. Social media platforms are not easy to develop. They're hard. Political people do not have the requisite skills. Real techs are needed and this story raises the possibility Trump may not yet have them on a team dedicated to running this platform.

Google and Apple have their rules, and if Trump's Twitter and Facebook is any indication, he may run afoul of them too. Finally, Trump has complicated the effort with financial moves that have attracted attention of SEC regulators.

I’m not sure what is the major issue. GETTR is a lot like twitter, except it doesn’t YET have the same dynamic of a Left v Right so to speak as twitter once did. They have a very good site that works well. Twitter is diminishing now in the U.S because they’re removing conservatives that they disagree with. I see Thruth Social flourishing if done right because of the draw of Trump and the opposing viewpoints that will be allowed on his site.

Last edited:

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I’m not sure what is the major issue. GETTR is a lot like twitter, except it doesn’t YET have the same dynamic of a Left v Right so to speak as twitter once did. They have a very good site that works well. Twitter is diminishing now in the U.S because they’re removing conservatives that they disagree with. I see Thruth Social flourishing if done right because of the draw of Trump and the opposing viewpoints that will be allowed on his site.
Timing may be a factor, since the political season for the midterms hasn't picked up yet. Once the campaigning starts in earnest there should be more activity on politically oriented websites like Trump's. That said, if Ukraine blows up all the websites will be on fire.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Trump will face headwinds from establishment govt agencies such as the SEC, but that's to be expected. IF he gets the right tech staff he should clear the hurdles and be on his way by the start of the political season.

It's hard to take the Washington Post seriously, considering their blatant liberal bias. The above article lost most of it's credibility with this statement in the third paragraph:
"Some political experts see his ability to motivate people and to garner tens of millions in micro-donations online as critical for the GOP’s efforts to regain a majority in Congress this year."
This is absolutely laughable. Considering the string of failures by Biden and the Democrats over past year and more blunders yet to come, a few micro-donations is all they need for a blowout in Nov.

Reactions: muttly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Timing may be a factor, since the political season for the midterms hasn't picked up yet. Once the campaigning starts in earnest there should be more activity on politically oriented websites like Trump's. That said, if Ukraine blows up all the websites will be on fire.
If it’s up a running before the midterms it will be an added bonus. But the Dems are stepping in it without anyone’s help. It may help the Republicans get over the 80 seat mark if it is ready though, instead of being just shy of it if it isn’t up.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
The opposing viewpoints will be the big challenge. An earlier social platform attempt by Trump was nixed by the open-source licensing entity specifically because Trump was unwilling to agree to the letter and spirit of open source, which is all about allowing opposing viewpoints. Given Trump's history, I think the idea that he will encourage or permit opposing views on a platform he fully controls is laughable. I belive he's rejecting offers multi-million-dollar offers from Parler and others because he wants total control and the unfettered ability to extract donations from his base.

Reactions: RLENT and Ragman

ATeam

Retired Expediter
It's hard to take the Washington Post seriously, ...
It's hard to take the Washington Post seriously when you have a fiercely partisan bias and limit yourself with all-or-nothing thinking like you do. Some parts of the story can be dismissed as not news. Other parts are valid. You miss a lot when you instinctively dismiss a source of any kind. Even idiots say something intelligent some of the time.

There are some so-called news sources that cause me to wretch when I listen to them, but I do not dismiss them out of hand like you dismiss the Washington Post. They all represent a point of view, and it you learn more by listening than you do by dismissing.

Last edited:
Reactions: RLENT and Ragman

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's hard to take the Washington Post seriously when you have a fiercely partisan bias and limit yourself with all-or-nothing thinking like you do. Some parts of the story can be dismissed as not news. Other parts are valid. You miss a lot when you instinctively dismiss a source of any kind. Even idiots say something intelligent some of the time.

There are some so-called news sources that cause me to wretch when I listen to them, but I do not dismiss them out of hand like you dismiss the Washington Post. They all represent a point of view, and it you learn more by listening than you do by dismissing.
Yes I am a staunch conservative, so if you want to interpret that as having a "fiercely partisan bias" that's your opinion. But to assume that I limit myself to "all-or-nothing thinking" is a stretch. I guess I should have said it's hard to take the Washington Post opinions seriously since they do occasionally stumble into some factual reporting. But I'm reluctant to waste my time trying to find those truth nuggets panning for factual gold in this liberal creek.

Having read the article all the way through again, it's still a nothingburger - but they did make a good point in late in the article which is a glimpse of the obvious:

"Meanwhile, Trump continues to publicly say he doesn’t miss Twitter. Some of his advisers have said it is a blessing in disguise — because many Americans said he tweeted too frequently and was too brash on the site, turning off potential voters. They also say the censorship of his accounts and the accounts of others ultimately accrues in his favor because it has angered his base of supporters."

Eureka!

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT and muttly

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
And in today's installment of MAGA-on-MAGA rhetorical violence we have Roger Stone casting aspersions on Gettr CEO and Steve Bannon ally Jason Miller's asparagus and calling him a liar after the recent blow up by Joe Rogan about Gettr:

Roger Stone Rips 'Despicable' Trump Ally Jason Miller, Accuses Him of 'Lying'

It's hard to imagine these MAGA miscreants playing any serious role in a governing coalition - even if only advisory - but they got lucky once ... well actually, several times ... in both their cases.

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Attachments

• 97A65134-C6CB-4A42-A1C9-D0D835A2BE11.png
    97A65134-C6CB-4A42-A1C9-D0D835A2BE11.png
    365.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 8AAADF61-9433-41FC-8741-ED2316BDEBFF.png
    8AAADF61-9433-41FC-8741-ED2316BDEBFF.png
    337 KB · Views: 7
  • 48986197-02D7-48EB-8504-7EF805EBCD9A.png