The Trump Card...

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Capitol Police officer, facing charges for aiding Jan. 6 rioter, resigns from the force

That's a welcome bit of good news - people like him have no business being on the force.

Kinda sad that he tossed a 26-year career down the toilet over misguided politics though.
A bit over the top analysis. It appears the officer befriended the individual and gave him some advice because of the “shock and awe” overreach by the DOJ with charging and recommending excessive sentencing. And mostly rubber stamped by their tag team Obama/ Clinton DC judges.
The crime that the person was charged with that might get him 6 months? Wait for it, wait for it…..Parading in a building.
Oh my!!

49BDE73B-96E4-46D4-8A3A-AD1314817A60.gif

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
A bit over the top analysis. It appears the officer befriended the individual and gave him some advice because of the “shock and awe” overreach by the DOJ with charging and recommending excessive sentencing.

You misspelled Obstruction of Justice ...

:tearsofjoy:

And mostly rubber stamped by their tag team Obama/ Clinton DC judges.

I believe Federal judges nominated by Presidents of both political parties have expressed some misgivings at this point about whether individuals are actually being under-charged ...

At any rate, whatever the case may be in that regard, stay tuned for the outcomes of the really serious cases ... particularly now that we have a confirmed US Attorney overseeing the DC Office.

The crime that the person was charged with that might get him 6 months? Wait for it, wait for it…..Parading in a building.

The guy he "befriended and gave advice" to :)tearsofjoy:) was apparently was an avowed insurrectionist ... he said he wanted to "start a revolution" ...

And parading in a building was what he agreed to plead guilty to, in a plea bargain.

Possible that other, more serious charges were dropped ... in exchange for helping the Feds nail the traitor Capitol Hill officer, who apparently decided it was ok to violate the oath he swore.

I suspect that (former, and now disgraced, Officer) Riley may have some thoughts along those lines by the time this is all said and done.

Particularly given the fact that he could be facing 20 years.

• Haha
Reactions: muttly and Ragman

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You misspelled Obstruction of Justice ...

I believe Federal judges nominated by Presidents of both political parties have expressed some misgivings at this point about whether individuals are actually being under-charged ...

At any rate, whatever the case may be in that regard, stay tuned for the outcomes of the really serious cases ... particularly now that we have a confirmed US Attorney overseeing the DC Office.

The guy he "befriended and gave advice" to :)tearsofjoy:) was apparently was an avowed insurrectionist ... he said he wanted to "start a revolution" ...

And parading in a building was what he agreed to plead guilty to, in a plea bargain.

Possible that other, more serious charges were dropped ... in exchange for helping the Feds nail the traitor Capitol Hill officer, who apparently decided it was ok to violate the oath he swore.

I suspect that (former, and now disgraced, Officer) Riley may have some thoughts along those lines by the time this is all said and done.

Particularly given the fact that he could be facing 20 years.
Omg, he actually said that? He wasn’t singing the Beatles song when he did that was he? Busted.
Do you think puppy dogs are insurrectionists too?
You mean more excessive charges dropped probably.
Facing 20 years for advising a person to remove a Facebook post is so ridiculously shock and aweish though.

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

I didn't know that is where Herman Cain caught Covid. I wonder when they drove back to DC did they mask up every time they got out of the car to get something to eat or use the bathroom like they were supposed to.

• Haha

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
176965A9-1F77-4CE8-8513-4B900F9B3D81.jpeg
What a dumpster fire this committee. Altering texts messages and getting simple facts wrong. And Dick’s daughter shilling for the liars. Oof.

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT and Turtle

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This explains a lot about the abuses going on against those political prisoners.

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT and Pilgrim

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
  • Haha
Reactions: Turtle and RLENT

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Omg, he actually said that? He wasn’t singing the Beatles song when he did that was he? Busted.

He was busted ... and is cooperating ... as are quite a few.

The ones I'm really interested in are the Proud Boys and the OathKeepers.

The obstruction charges that those guys are facing are pretty serious and potentially carry long prison sentences.

Two Trump-appointed judges recently found DOJ is properly construing their charging decisions with how they are applying that particular statute to other defendants.

But even they ain't the really big fish.

BTW - I heard that Roger Stone just pled the 5th today with the January 6th Committee ... joining Bannon and Trump Insurrection Lawyer Eastman.

Do you think puppy dogs are insurrectionists too?

Don't bring the Wolfman into this ...

You mean more excessive charges dropped probably.

Tell that to Domestic Terrorist and Insurrectionist Wannabe Robert Scott Palmer.

He just got sentenced to 63 months today:

Trump Rioter Who Attacked Cops With Fire Extinguisher Gets Longest Jan. 6 Sentence Yet

He got more than Government was even asking for ... and he copped a plea.

Facing 20 years for advising a person to remove a Facebook post is so ridiculously shock and aweish though.

Nah ... that "shock and awe" thing was from Trump's guy - US Attorney for DC Michael Sherwin - he's gone now ... after having his unapproved interview with 60 Minutes referred to DOJ's Office of Professional Responsibility for investigation:

DOJ refers former Capitol riot prosecutor for internal investigation after '60 Minutes' interview

Buh-bye !

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
He was busted ... and is cooperating ... as are quite a few.

Tell that to Domestic Terrorist and Insurrectionist Wannabe Robert Scott Palmer.

He just got sentenced to 63 months today:

Trump Rioter Who Attacked Cops With Fire Extinguisher Gets Longest Jan. 6 Sentence Yet

He got more than Government was even asking for ... and he copped a plea.
Like I said. It’s a tag team between the prosecutors and the judges, for the most part.
This particular individual deserved jail time, but the amount is excessive.
Assaulting officers with a flag pole can be dangerous. Spraying a fire extinguisher at them, not so much. But he also hurled the empty canister at them while they were protected by their gear so some jail time is warranted, but over 5 years is ludicrous.
Curious how much jail time the rioter insurrectionists got from last summer that had them chuck chunks of concrete and other dangerous items at officers at St. John’s church? That’s just a dangerous right? But no jail time. I wonder why, hmmm.
6A6A1087-1632-4C15-B8E4-8D6F990BD9C5.jpeg

• Haha

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

BTW - I heard that Roger Stone just pled the 5th today with the January 6th Committee ... joining Bannon and Trump Insurrection Lawyer Eastman.

After the Russian collusion and Impeachment hoaxes, this is their new grift. Sure as the sun comes up they’ll always have a new one.
Good for them for not helping with their sham investigation clown show. If the committee was actually serious they would be recommending firing the officer that killed the unarmed woman protester. And questioning why 10,000 National guard troops that Trump ordered wasn’t followed through with.
Maybe they can look at why officers were waving protesters into the buildings.
Oh, and they can also explain why an individual by the name of Ray Epps hasn’t been arrested or charged.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
After the Russian collusion and Impeachment hoaxes, this is their new grift.

Neither were of those hoaxes.

Sure as the sun comes up they’ll always have a new one.

Sure.

Good for them for not helping with their sham investigation clown show.

Might not be so good for them ... as the guy currently occupying the Oval probably isn't as inclined to issue pardons to cover his own butt like the last guy was.

If the committee was actually serious they would be recommending firing the officer that killed the unarmed woman protester.

No, it was a good shoot.

Investigated by two different agencies.

And he's probably suffering enough, having had to make a judgement call where he was forced to take a human life lest he fail in his duty.

And questioning why 10,000 National guard troops that Trump ordered wasn’t followed through with.

Are you sure you want to go there ?

After all, Mikey Flynn's sibling (along with others) is implicated in that.

Maybe they can look at why officers were waving protesters into the buildings.

That's already been investigated, on an individual basis ... although it may well warrant a further look.

Right now, I think it probably better though that they focus up the food chain to those at the top that were inciting.

Doubtful if those officers can assist in that regard.

Oh, and they can also explain why an individual by the name of Ray Epps hasn’t been arrested or charged.

Wouldn't be up to the Committee to do that, it's outside their lane.

But - and this is fairly important - did Epps go inside the Capitol Building ?

From the photos I've seen, he's outside.

Keep in mind: there have been over 700 insurrectionists charged so far ... and Sedition Hunters has posted over 2200 photos of unique individuals who entered the Capitol, many of whom have not been identified. FBI/DOJ is plenty busy.

But I'm fairly sure if Mr. Epps did anything on January 6th to warrant being arrested or charged they'll get to him.

• Haha
Reactions: danthewolf00