The Trump Card...

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This was interesting. Just finished renewing my Obamacare Insurance. For the first time since this started, I had no increase in premium. It actually decreased for my same plan

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app
Hmmm. Received a letter about the open enrollment period.
It said if I did nothing and kept the same plan, my premium was going up by $68. Yet when I renewed the same plan online, premium was reduced by $80. Will be interesting to see which one is correct. Looks like confusion continues

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
With regards to impeachment, I found it interesting that Pelosi says it isn't going to happen. Odd coming from her. Well sort of? lol

ATeam

Retired Expediter
With regards to impeachment, I found it interesting that Pelosi says it isn't going to happen. Odd coming from her. Well sort of? lol

I pay little attention to Nancy Pelosi. A quick google search produced this explanation of her Trump impeachment strategy. It seems to be to muzzle talk of it until after the mid-term elections. She's not saying Trump won't be impeached. She's discouraging talk about it now because she thinks that strategy will help Democrats in the 2018 mid-term elections.

In the impeachment scenario I envision, Pelosi is of little consequence. The investigations will continue and the walls will close in tighter around Trump. Under that pressure, super-narcissist Trump will respond in dysfunctional ways that will leave legislators of both parties little choice but to give Trump the boot (if the Trump cabinet does not use their power under the 25th Amendment to remove him first).

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

I pay little attention to Nancy Pelosi. A quick google search produced this explanation of her Trump impeachment strategy. It seems to be to muzzle talk of it until after the mid-term elections. She's not saying Trump won't be impeached. She's discouraging talk about it now because she thinks that strategy will help Democrats in the 2018 mid-term elections.

In the impeachment scenario I envision, Pelosi is of little consequence. The investigations will continue and the walls will close in tighter around Trump. Under that pressure, super-narcissist Trump will respond in dysfunctional ways that will leave legislators of both parties little choice but to give Trump the boot (if the Trump cabinet does not use their power under the 25th Amendment to remove him first).
If impeachment is to happen, they have to hurry it up I believe. Years of court madness would leave him in office through his term. Still don't see enough to impeach him at this point.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
How come all you liberal folks want Trump gone works up I'm seeing some areas getting back to pre bush on employment and for the most point everywhere I'm running people seem to be happy and heading in the right direction

No liberal here. There's more to the story than the employment rate.

Recent poll results (source) are below. It seems the longer he's in office, the lower he goes.

A record percentage of respondents (65%) do not think that Trump is "honest and trustworthy," up from 58% in April 2017, while a third say he does have these characteristics. Two-thirds say they do not think Trump "has the kind of personality and temperament it takes to serve effectively as president."

Expectations for Trump's presidency have also dropped significantly since before he took office in January. Prior to his inauguration, 61% thought he'd do an excellent or good job on the economy, while only 44% feel he is doing that well now. Fifty-six percent expected he'd do good work dealing with terrorism, while only 43% say he is doing so now. Expectations on his handling of race relations have dropped 12%; on improving the health care system, they've dropped by 18%.

A majority of those polled think Trump has accomplished "little or nothing" during his first nine months in office. Less than four in 10 respondents believe he has kept most of his major campaign promises. Fifty-three percent say America's leadership in the world has gotten weaker under Trump, while 26% say it has gotten stronger, and 20% say it has remained the same.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The questions asked in that poll are intentionally designed to elicit a predictable response. Something to keep in mind with most polls, actually.

Reactions: RoadTime

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
How come all you liberal folks want Trump gone works up I'm seeing some areas getting back to pre bush on employment and for the most point everywhere I'm running people seem to be happy and heading in the right direction

No liberal here. There's more to the story than the employment rate.

Recent poll results (source) are below. It seems the longer he's in office, the lower he goes.

A record percentage of respondents (65%) do not think that Trump is "honest and trustworthy," up from 58% in April 2017, while a third say he does have these characteristics. Two-thirds say they do not think Trump "has the kind of personality and temperament it takes to serve effectively as president."

Expectations for Trump's presidency have also dropped significantly since before he took office in January. Prior to his inauguration, 61% thought he'd do an excellent or good job on the economy, while only 44% feel he is doing that well now. Fifty-six percent expected he'd do good work dealing with terrorism, while only 43% say he is doing so now. Expectations on his handling of race relations have dropped 12%; on improving the health care system, they've dropped by 18%.

A majority of those polled think Trump has accomplished "little or nothing" during his first nine months in office. Less than four in 10 respondents believe he has kept most of his major campaign promises. Fifty-three percent say America's leadership in the world has gotten weaker under Trump, while 26% say it has gotten stronger, and 20% say it has remained the same.
Are these the same groups of polls that had slick willy's wife ahead of Trumpet before the election

Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Are these the same groups of polls that had slick willy's wife ahead of Trumpet before the election
And since a lot of republicans tend to hang up on these polls, the results just reflect what we already know. The liberals hate Trump.

"As the polling industry has increasingly come to be perceived as part of the “elite establishment” by many populist conservatives, a growing proportion of the Republican electorate may simply be refusing to participate in public opinion polls. This, in turn, leads to their voting preferences being underestimated in public opinion surveys. Thus, many of the state-level polls were wrong in 2016 simply because many Trump voters told pollsters to take a hike."

ATeam

Retired Expediter

The pollsters who predicted Hillary's win got it right. She won a clear majority of the popular vote. They got it wrong about the Electoral College but they were not as off target as their critics like to say.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
The most significant poll of all is called Election Day. We just had one yesterday. What is your interpretation/explanation of the results?

While the liberal media is gleeful and broadcasting their interpretation that this is a massive repudiation of Trump and "Trumpism," my response is more measured. Factually, the results are what the results are. In Virginia, the Republican candidate for Governor lost by a wide margin. "Wide" is determined by comparing margins in previous races for governor. This was a clear Republican defeat and clear Democratic win.

What does that mean for other states and other elections? That's where I'm reluctant to make the far reaching proclamations we're hearing from the talking heads on TV today. I will say, that yesterday's results seems to further indicate Trump's base is eroding and/or his base cannot be counted upon to produce election wins in general elections (special elections are a different story).

That observation is significant to me because it adds additional supportive data to my prediction that Trump will be impeached. The Republicans in Washington who have the power to impeach Trump are more likely to do so because of yesterday's election results.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Another factual item out of Virginia is: "Republicans, who have controlled the chamber since 2000, went into Tuesday holding 66 of 100 seats. Democrats fielded the most candidates in recent memory, including a record number of women."

Those are the facts.. My interpretation is this indicates an energy shift on the ground that is not good for the Republican party. It is no small thing for an individual to run for public office. Candidate recruitment is an ongoing challenge for political parties. The fact that Democrats fielded an increased number of candidates is significant. It indicates there is more to the Women's March and other resistance activities than the occasional high-profile event.

Last edited: