The Trump Card...

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't think Coon Rapids is gonna survive this. :D
Coon Rapids has survived two attempts at a name change by white do-gooders. The second attempt in 2006 by Councilman Sidoti resulted in his early retirement.

Coon Rapids is a northern suburb of Minneapolis, and is the largest city in Anoka County, Minnesota, United States. The population was 61,476 at the 2010 census,[5] making it the twelfth largest city in Minnesota and the seventh largest Twin Cities suburb. Originally founded as a part of Anoka Township in 1857, Coon Rapids became a separate village in 1952. In 1959, it became a city. It retains its original boundaries, except for the part that became the City of Anoka. The name "Coon Rapids" comes from "Coon Creek Rapids", a turbulent part of the Upper Mississippi River near the mouth of Coon Creek. These rapids were removed as a consequence of the construction of the Coon Rapids Dam in 1913. The Dam operated as a hydroelectric generator until 1966 when it was closed and later opened to the public as the Coon Rapids Dam Regional Park in 1978. The dam marks the head of navigation on the Upper Mississippi River waterway. The name of the city came under some controversy in the late 1960's because some citizens believed erroneously that the name had a racist connotation, as the word "coon" was used to demean African-Americans during the Civil Rights Movement. A proposed name change to "Flower City" suggested in the late 1960's met with little support. Although it was named after the raccoons that were often found in the former rapids of Coon Creek, in January 2006 City Councilman Joe Sidoti the Councilman sparked an uproar among local citizens,[6] and the proposal was dropped.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There are quite a few liberals out there who are Tweeting support for Harvey
Sorry, I don't accept that!...... in this disaster, there are no liberals, no conservatives, no Democrats, no Republicans... just people suffering.

Anybody Tweeting that kind of garbage are just idiots.

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Sorry, I don't accept that!...... in this disaster, there are no liberals, no conservatives, no Democrats, no Republicans...
Sorry, you're going to have to accept that. Click the links and read the Tweets yourself.

Agreed. But that's the same disconnected liberal mindset that had a liberal MSNBC news anchor grill the Texas governor several times on whether illegal aliens (my words, not hers) would be allowed into evacuation shelters without fear of being arrested and deported. He rolled his eyes and did everything he could to keep from calling her a moron, and I think if she'd rephrased the question one more time he'd have let loose on her.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Sorry, I don't accept that!...... in this disaster, there are no liberals, no conservatives, no Democrats, no Republicans...
Sorry, you're going to have to accept that. Click the links and read the Tweets yourself.

Agreed. But that's the same disconnected liberal mindset that had a liberal MSNBC news anchor grill the Texas governor several times on whether illegal aliens (my words, not hers) would be allowed into evacuation shelters without fear of being arrested and deported. He rolled his eyes and did everything he could to keep from calling her a moron, and I think if she'd rephrased the question one more time he'd have let loose on her.
Oh, I believe the tweet, I read it. I'm just saying someone that would tweet that kind of crap is not a liberal, just an azzhole.

Reactions: ntimevan

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
...someone that would tweet that kind of crap is not a liberal, just an azzhole.
That opens the door for a really cheap (what's the difference?) shot that I refuse to take. :D

Instead, I'll post a Tweet that I really wish I'd thought of. On the left is inauguration, on the right is just before boarding Marine One heading to Texas.

Capture+_2017-08-29-18-57-30.png

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Don't forget Ann Coulter who said something to the effect that this is God's punishment for Houston having previously elected a Lesbian Mayor
No, it's not something to that effect at all. Here's what she said...

Ann Coulter said:
I don't believe Hurricane Harvey is God's punishment for Houston electing a lesbian mayor. But that is more credible than "climate change."

This was in response to those who routinely knee-jerk the Climate Change Card, despite actual climate scientists, including those at the National Hurricane Center, flatly stating that Climate Change has nothing whatsoever with the size or intensity of Harvey, nor of the amount of rainfall associated with it. The amount of rainfall is 100% due to a high pressure system over west Texas and Oklahoma, and one over Arkansas and Mississippi, pushing Harvey to stay were it was for so long. And while Harvey was a Cat 4 hurricane, it wasn't even particularly big (size) or strong (wind speed). And the reason it went from a tropical storm to a Cat 4 hurricane in such a short period of time isn't because of climate change, it's because the western Gulf of Mexico is some of the warmest waters on the planet.

So while blaming Harvey on a lesbian mayor is moronic and ignorant, it's still not as moronic and stupid as blaming it on climate change.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Don't forget Ann Coulter who said something to the effect that this is God's punishment for Houston having previously elected a Lesbian Mayor
No, it's not something to that effect at all. Here's what she said...

Ann Coulter said:
I don't believe Hurricane Harvey is God's punishment for Houston electing a lesbian mayor. But that is more credible than "climate change."

This was in response to those who routinely knee-jerk the Climate Change Card, despite actual climate scientists, including those at the National Hurricane Center, flatly stating that Climate Change has nothing whatsoever with the size or intensity of Harvey, nor of the amount of rainfall associated with it. The amount of rainfall is 100% due to a high pressure system over west Texas and Oklahoma, and one over Arkansas and Mississippi, pushing Harvey to stay were it was for so long. And while Harvey was a Cat 4 hurricane, it wasn't even particularly big (size) or strong (wind speed). And the reason it went from a tropical storm to a Cat 4 hurricane in such a short period of time isn't because of climate change, it's because the western Gulf of Mexico is some of the warmest waters on the planet.

So while blaming Harvey on a lesbian mayor is moronic and ignorant, it's still not as moronic and stupid as blaming it on climate change.
That high pressure system really was the culprit.(not 'climate change') It created a worst case scenario with Harvey to keep dumping water over the same areas. Just a bad break with the weather.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Ok, I stand corrected. Must have read it to quickly
Maybe, maybe not. You may have read it very slowly and were still misinformed (it's the MSM's bread and butter). I saw a lot of headlines and a lot of stories that played it out exactly the way you characterized it, where Coulter just straight-up blamed on the election of a lesbian mayor, end of story. Even the pieces that showed her entire quote, they simply plowed straight ahead with their own interpretation of what she said and what she really meant to say.

Here's how it works (and this should make everyone with the ability of critical thinking's head to explode).
Scandal Erupts over the Promotion of ‘Bourgeois’ Behavior

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Now Fox had an interesting discussion..why should taxpayers pay to rebuild Houston?....especially those that had no flood insurance....condundrum

Reactions: Grizzly

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
I think all of them are doing more than the last 2 presidents did But I still say gary would have done better

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Now Fox had an interesting discussion..why should taxpayers pay to rebuild Houston?....especially those that had no flood insurance....condundrum
IMO, people should get flood insurance if they are in a flood prone area. This was due to a catastrophic weather system dumping water continuesly due to a Hurricane. I doubt any other low pressure system could produce the same result. If anything, all residents in those areas should be required to buy coverage resulting in damage due to Hurricanes.