The Trump Card...

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Probably shut it down because all of their donations dried up. Take the money and run. lol:D

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
The Clinton Global Initiative to officially shutter on April 15 due to the fact that the world has run out of sick and poor people. They said it was to be close if she won the election, conflict of interest and all that, but since she lost, there's no reason to shut it down unless, of course, their work is done.
Wander what they will do without the extra money
Chesley was making how much guess she will need to get a real job
NBC or MSNBC will take her again.lol

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I always thought that Trump was mocking that reporter but I didn't really care because I saw it as Trump insulting someone like he has done in the past. It was a sign that he was treating that reporter as an equal instead of acting like he was a delicate flower that needed special treatment, then I saw this....

Reactions: muttly and Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I always thought that Trump was mocking that reporter but I didn't really care because I saw it as Trump insulting someone like he has done in the past. It was a sign that he was treating that reporter as an equal instead of acting like he was a delicate flower that needed special treatment, then I saw this....
I always thought Trump was mocking that reporter, but I didn't see it on the same level as calling Rosie a fat pig or Hillary a nasty women, I saw it for what it appeared to be, much worse, a highly mean-spirited belittlement of someone with a disability.

That is, until I ran across that video just the other day. Now it seems clear enough that the reporter's disability played no part at all in Trump's mocking of him.

It's interesting that is seems almost like no one in the mainstream media has ever seen any of those other clips in that video.

Reactions: paullud and davekc

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
They probably have seen the video but pretend that it doesn't exist.
Well, I as kind of being facetious. Yes, they've seen those other videos where he had the same gestures and mannerisms as in the one about the reporter. The MSM are the ones who filmed and broadcast the videos in the first place. ;)

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Did this really just happen? Feels like a dream. Congratulations to President Trump!

82feec5d1bf8cbd9fa8679f03944a25d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
sounds a lot like a Trump...
Hoover's Accomplishments
On March 4, 1929 Chief Justice William Howard Taft administered the oath of office to America's 31st president. Quaker style, Hoover "affirmed" the thirty five word oath required of every President since George Washington. Then he rode back to the White House in a driving rainstorm. Discarding the traditional inaugural ball, Washingtonians attended an affair held to benefit local charity.

In the days leading up to March 4 one of Hoover's friends warned him, "People expect more of you than they have of any other President." As if in response, Hoover's inaugural address sounded an activist note, celebrating prosperity while insisting that more could be done to spread its benefits evenly. "We want to see a nation built of homeowners and farm owners," he said. "We want to see more and more of them insured against death and accident, unemployment and old age. We want them all secure."

True to his instincts, Hoover's first months in office were a whirlwind of reform. The new president began his term by banishing the White House stables and moth balling the presidential yacht. Within thirty days of his inauguration, Hoover announced an expansion of Civil Service protection throughout the federal establishment, canceled private oil leases on government lands and directed federal law enforcement officials to focus their energies on gangster-ridden Chicago, leading to the arrest and conviction of Al Capone on tax evasion charges.
Hoover's Commission on Conservation and Administration of the Public Domain paved the way for an additional three million acres of national parks, and 2.3 million acres in national forests. In the summer of 1929 the President kept a campaign promise by convincing a special session of Congress to establish a Federal Farm Board to support farm prices. He persuaded two of the new board's members to abandon jobs that paid over $100,000 a year. Cynics sneered at such "Hoover patriots" but the new president pressed ahead with plans for a series of dams in the Tennessee Valley and in central California, tax cuts graduated to favor low-income Americans and a massive program of prison reform that stressed education and rehabilitation. In other domestic initiatives, Hoover created the Veterans Administration and doubled veterans' hospital facilities; established the Anti-trust Division of the Justice Department to prosecute unfair competition and restraint of trade cases; required air mail carriers to improve service; and advocated federal loans for urban slum clearance.

Hoover also established the Federal Bureau of Prisons and reorganized the Bureau of Indian Affairs to protect Native Americans from exploitation. He proposed a federal Department of Education, as well as $50-a-month pensions for Americans over 65--the last proposal falling by the wayside after Wall Street crashed. In November 1930, Hoover presided over a pioneering White House Conference on Child Health and Protection which lead to numerous child welfare reforms at the state and local level. A second White House conference the following year focused on home building and home ownership.

Reactions: jujubeans

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
What's New, Pussyhat?

A gazillion women descend onto Washington to protest, well... everything.

And to ensure they are taken very seriously, the Headgear o' the Day is the pussyhat. The knit cap created to mimic cat ears. Whew! Otherwise people would probably dismiss them as CatHat wearing, full-blown Progressive American Feminists.

170121-women-march-dc-01.jpg

There are just too many jokes here, all of them hilarious, yet rude, crude and offensive, so I will abstain.

Reactions: RoadTime

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
What's New, Pussyhat?

A gazillion women descend onto Washington to protest, well... everything.

And to ensure they are taken very seriously, the Headgear o' the Day is the pussyhat. The knit cap created to mimic cat ears. Whew! Otherwise people would probably dismiss them as CatHat wearing, full-blown Progressive American Feminists.

170121-women-march-dc-01.jpg

There are just too many jokes here, all of them hilarious, yet rude, crude and offensive, so I will abstain.
I don't think I can ever watch a movie again!!

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Taking trolling to a whole new level...

Conservative Trump supporters in Australia paid $4000 to have TRUMP written in two different locations across the sky above the Women's March in Sydney.

In the link are a few Twitpics of the skywriting. One of them, by Mary Kate, shows her giving the finger to the sky above. What's hilariously ironic about that is the fact that Mary Kate earlier Tweeted the sign she was proudly carrying in the march. The sign read "LOVE TRUMPS HATE."

Apparently, a big ol' FU is just another way of expressing love.

Madonna thinks so, too. She dropped the F-bomb live on CNN three times (CNN escaped airing the 4th utterance) before they finally had to cut away from that and sit there and discuss how "incredibly powerful and important" her speech was, minus the f-bombs, of course.

Also in Madonna's speech she seriously said that she has “thought an awful lot about blowing up the White House.” After getting the serious attention of the Secret Service she quickly walked that one back and said it was a metaphor. Because, yeah, sure, "I think about blowing up and White House, and "If you don't agree with what we're doing out here... FU!" seems like a metaphor to me. It's a metaphor for "WAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!"

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Since NAFTA.......U.S. manufacturing exports to Canada and Mexico, the United States' two largest export markets, increased 258 percent under the agreement, according to the website of outgoing U.S. Trade Representative Michael Froman, and the deal helped create a trade surplus in agriculture and manufactured goods

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Since NAFTA.......U.S. manufacturing exports to Canada and Mexico, the United States' two largest export markets, increased 258 percent under the agreement, according to the website of outgoing U.S. Trade Representative Michael Froman, and the deal helped create a trade surplus in agriculture and manufactured goods
Cherry-picked and highly massaged statistic, picked solely to make NAFTA look like a resounding success. And the latter part of that is just a blatant lie of smoke and mirrors. Let's say an auto part is manufactured here and then exported to Mexico, where it will be assembled into a car, and then the car is imported into the US. The part is counted as an export, but because the part originated here the import of the car is not counted as an imported product. That artificially boosts exports and lowers the imports.

But most importantly, look at what the blurb (that is mindlessly picked up and ran by news organizations) says. It talks only of the increase in exports, without mentioning at all the increases in imports - i.e., the Trade Deficit.

NAFTA went into effect in 1994.

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-23%20at%208.08.32%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-23%20at%208.08.07%20AM.png