The time has come!

sluggo

Seasoned Expediter
Thank you all for the advice and knowledge your experience has provided thus far. After 6+ mos. of researching I'm finally taking the plunge. The most important thing I've gotten from this forum is that, to a person, the message has been to be informed and to listen to those who've been there. So, hopefully what I've ascertained is enough that further lessons won't be too painful, expensive or too much of a setback. Any last minute instructions are certainly welcome.:)

This is my van: It is a 2001 E-350 with a 5.4 and only 47,000 actual miles. It will be converted to cargo configuration and the hinged, drop-down sleeper will run lengthwise. After being out for a couple weeks I'll decide which accessories that I can't live without.

sluggo-albums-my-pics-picture790-0214111318-1.jpg

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Welcome to Expediting! Now the real fun begins! Be sure to comeback and share your experiences to help others out.

Stay Safe!

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Darken those windows and insulate it and you will be warm as toast in there...Congrats and get ready to enjoy the ride....and don't think that you can't do well enough to move to another vehcile in time...july will mark me being in this business 3 trs, I just bought a new van today and will take delivery in March...set a plan, work it and modify if to make your goals and you will enjoy this business...Congrats and moving forward...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Darken those windows and insulate it and you will be warm as toast in there...Congrats and get ready to enjoy the ride....and don't think that you can't do well enough to move to another vehcile in time...july will mark me being in this business 3 trs, I just bought a new van today and will take delivery in March...set a plan, work it and modify if to make your goals and you will enjoy this business...Congrats and moving forward...
Good advice...all that glass....HOT in the summer and COLD, Very Cold in winter...

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Congratulations Sluggo, on becoming a expediter. Good luck to you, there are alot of guys out here been in the business since the beginning of expedite. Take the best qualities of everybody you come into contact with and you will succeed. Keep us posted on your conversion of the van from passenger to cargo, and what carrier did you hook up with? PM me with the latter if you want to keep that part private? It's a nice looking van too!

moose

Veteran Expediter
I just bought a new van today and will take delivery in March......

I'm not a the family guy, but last i herd your daughter crashed your wife car, which left you with 2 lady's in the house expecting you to buy them a new car.
and what you do ?
buy YORSELF a new car ?!

Congrat'z for bough of you ...and good luck.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Moose wrote:

I'm not a the family guy, but last i herd your daughter crashed your wife car, which left you with 2 lady's in the house expecting you to buy them a new car.
and what you do ?
buy YORSELF a new car ?!

Congrat'z for bough of you ...and good luck.

LOL...well see the daughter messed up...if she had been in her own car, chances are she would be getting a new car as the $6500 that it will take to fix her mom's car that is only 1 yr old. would have totalled her car....So the daughter still has her car, mom is in a rental till hers is fixed...and my new truck will be on the road Mid March...:D

Besides my wife and daughter want this new truck as much as i do...Since I am no longer a "Debt Free" O/O, i will need to be on the road more and out of the house....so the "girls" will have the place all to themselves for longer periods of time....:rolleyes:

sluggo

Seasoned Expediter
I was going to fashion my sleeper after the Mootmobile(tm) but I couldn't get around the copyright laws!:eek: