The SST100 Returns; See it at MATS

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Jeff Jones is known to many expediters as the man who sold more Bentz sleepers to expediters than anyone else. When Bentz Transport Products failed in 2009 (story here), expediters were left wondering what would happen next.

There was a lot of talk but now we know for sure as a newly built SST100 now exists. Jones will be displaying the truck in the FedEx Custom Critical booth at the Mid America Trucking Show in Louisville, March 31 - April 2. Information about the truck and photos are on the SST100 web site.

moose

Veteran Expediter
and hoe exactly is going to buy all of this new custom built trucks.?

looks like the finance options are limited then ever.
with the new SCR trucks, ask price by dealerships for customs trucks is overreaching industry traditional standards.
in last few weeks i have witness first hands a few of the dealerships overstock with customs sleepers trucks .
DPF's trucks are quickly becoming worthless ,
ans SCR's simply cannot be financed ,at this time.
dealerships are going to take a big hit over this.

Ever herd of SCR surcharge ?

Last edited:

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Sure is a nice looking truck.
Is there any info on the price of this unit?
We know someone who recently bought a new KW T660 with a 120" ARI sleeper with shower and toilet and a 16"reefer box. Cost around $220,000.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Jones advised me today that one of these new units is on the road now, three have been sold and are being built, and seven are on order to stock.

RoadDawgg

Expert Expediter
What is that in the last pic of the climate control ST series? It looks like a toilet. Over the microwave?:eek:

Thanks!
Christopher

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Jeff Jones is known to many expediters as the man who sold more Bentz sleepers to expediters than anyone else. When Bentz Transport Products failed in 2009 (story here), expediters were left wondering what would happen next.

There was a lot of talk but now we know for sure as a newly built SST100 now exists. Jones will be displaying the truck in the FedEx Custom Critical booth at the Mid America Trucking Show in Louisville, March 31 - April 2. Information about the truck and photos are on the SST100 web site.

Phil

I think Dan Schutz sold just as many and maybe more. Dan is by far the best truck builder I ever dealt with. Not to knock Dan Jones, just never dealt with him. But good post and thanks for the info Phil.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Phil

I think Dan Schutz sold just as many and maybe more. Dan is by far the best truck builder I ever dealt with. Not to knock Dan Jones, just never dealt with him. But good post and thanks for the info Phil.

Not that it matters much beyond it being an item of historical trivia, but to set the record straight, Jones was the top seller of Bentz sleepers in the years that Bentz was in business. That is a fact confirmed to me by Bentz himself.

Jones continued the SST integrated sleeper line by buying the molds and related items needed to build that design and warehousing them until he and Bolt got together to build the expediter truck linked to above. Technically, Bolt is not a successor company to Bentz. Bentz was liquidated by the bank that forced that company out of business.

Who is Dan Schutz?

Last edited: