The Reds

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Any one here follow the Reds?

What is the deal? It's time to clean house - starting with Jr.

IMHO

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yeah, I follow the Reds. The Reds will never win until Jr and Dunn are gone. Junior's not a winner and Dunn don't care one way or the other. Both need to be moved ASAP, bring up Bruce and let him learn how to play up here. Hatteberg needs to be traded or released - he's not a part-time guy so he'll never produce in that role. He's still got a year or two of baseball left in him, just not here. Hopper needs to be leading off instead of Baker's adopted stepson. Or for that matter, hit Harang leadoff. Something's really, really wrong when your pitcher is hitting 40 points higher than your leadoff hitter. Between now and the Break they have got to get the 25-man staffed with the young kids who will be here for the long haul, and dump everyone who isn't in the plan. A weekly seminar on base running fundamentals wouldn't be a bad idea, either.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
you might need a manager also instead of a guy always sayin....dude you don't understand the game, dude the game is not played that way, dude i went to college........just put the toothpick down and step away. that first season love affair is a tough one to get over.

buckeyewildman

Seasoned Expediter
i believe they need to do some serious spring cleaning before its to late get rid of all those players that don,t care if they win or not i,e griffey dunn etc,

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
well the cubs signed jim edmonds for his lefty stick. guess they think it will be like andre dawson back in 89. jr and dunn were discussed on radio but the feeling was the reds would not part with jr until he got to 500 and dunn i don't remember.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yeah, the Reds want Jr to hit #600 in a Reds uniform. After that all bets are off. Then again, if they start winning, playing like they have been the last few games, they might not be so quick to deal him.

And for some reason the Reds' owner, Bob Castellini, has a man-crush on Adam Dunn and doesn't want to part with him and his smokin' .208 batting average.