The NEW face of the Democratic Party...

Aviator

Expert Expediter
Here is a link to an interesting web site I go to a lot and browse through some of the threads. It is (in my opinion) the new face of the Democratic Party.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=364

People have gone from Democrat, to Liberal, to "Progressive". In my opinion, it is democrats like this that will cost them the next election or two. Most americans who consider themselves Democrats are firly middle fo the road people. THe folks on this web site that consider themsevles the "core" of the party are almost stark raving mad.

At any rate, there is some interesting reading, and tons of conspiricy theorys.

Aviator

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Thanks Aviator, I added this to my list of weird and wonderful things.

I like the one "Congress May be Prosecutable For Participating In Bush War Crimes" on the home page.

I am still trying to figure out what war crimes and why the people in The International Criminal Court in The Hague hasn't indicted the President, they can you know. Beside, who could bring charges against any congressman who is immune by the constitution – the courts can’t touch them for doing their job.

Please fill me in about the war crimes with facts.

The other article I like is "The Video that Shook our Democracy". I have always said Open Source the project and it will lead to a better product.

I find it odd not much about Air America.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
It looks like a bunch of ppl forgot to take their lithium. Scary!

"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know." - Kansas

ACW4478

Expert Expediter
Greg, try this site http://thinkprogress.org/ scroll down a bit and you'll read about Air America, and its funny they're not going bankrupt like O'Lielly and Drug Addict Rush said. Imagine that! please post those wonderful Republican forums/sites (Drudge, NewsMax) for us few Democrats and we can compare how wacky they are. The enemy of my enemy is my friend?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Yous funny.

Well first thing is that I am glad air America is not joining the ranks of other companies, there is an obvious reason for this but you will have to figure it out for yourself. I didn’t read anything on the site Aviator gave, that is the reason for my comment. I don't like half the programming but as for Randi Rhode calling for the death of Bush, I wish they would take her off the air. (By the way I have it in her podcast.) Oh by the way TallCal, this is one example of hatred.

I have a great big list of websites from all kinds of different types of people, including Stalinist (that one is like stepping back into the 30s in Soviet Russia) but I am very reluctant to posts sites, rather I like to post articles and there are exceptions of course.

But speaking of ThinkProgress (which I have read before), still trying to find out where the progress is, it ain't a TR progressive centric group that's for sure. I guess it fits Aviator's thread perfectly!

Well anyway, as I go through the site, I like the article about "Pentagon Guantanamo ‘Fact’ Sheet Highlights High-Tops And Harry Potter, Distorts Real Issues"

The article points out a couple good things;

First we are taking care of the terrorist by providing them healthcare and such. They make light of the fact that 35 teeth cleanings took place out of 500 possible ones and that several suicides also took place. To me these two issues are irrelevant due to a couple facts, one is many of these people refuse a lot of preventive care because of their culture and second the suicide is drastically lower than our prisons. Beside all of that, they are taken better care of than any US citizen.

And

That this prison has been given some access to the press.

Now no where does the article or the comments say that if some of these people are released, they will try to kill us. Nor does it shed light on the fact that many of these prisoners have tried to kill the guards. Opps, they done it again.

Well it is the same old stuff there but not as bad as one site I was reading this morning. I would offer to take some of the worst commentators on either of these sites down to Gitmo, lock them into the cell with a few of the choice passive prisoners and let them see if they would agree it is not the right thing to do after all, if they get out alive.

OH can you find a picture of Kofi Annan with either president tom of Iran or his visit with Castro? I would like to comment on how the UN is are friend.

ACW4478

Expert Expediter
Greg, Again please post your informative Republican sites? Here's another one of mine http://www.crooksandliars.com/ (scroll down and check out the Pat Tillman post) I suppose the family shouldn't ask questions about his death, just as we shouldn't ask questions about how and why we went to Iraq! Government cover up? That's why a few of us on this forum want oversight!!! And for those of you who don't know who the guy on the left is, He is the Prime Minister of Iraq.