The New Digs

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Hey everyone, I wish ya a Happy Easter and the new site upgrade is nice, havent been on in a while but Moms Illness and Hospice is getting Close to an ending, Im praying she makes it just two more months but we may not get there, she would be 90. Its been a hard experience to care for my mom but there have also been some good heart to heart talks and time together. I sure have missed the Highway, not the Winter, might be back out there soon....but not until this has come to an end, Dont mean to bum anyone out but Life will go on....

Happy Easter and Good to se some warm weather finally, lets hope it doesnt bring too much spring weather destruction....Be safe and wave if your going thru Alton IL....

Reactions: davekc

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Nice to hear from you. It's a bittersweet time, caring for someone whose life is drawing to a close, and I'd bet it's the most precious time the two of you have ever had - and the hardest to get through. Hope she makes it to 90, just for the bragging rights. [Laugh while you can, there's time to cry later] :)

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Please watch this video. Your Mother will be in a better place.

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Thanks folks, yes its been some of the most precious time, on Easter Sunday I found these on my desk in the morning....we have talked about her life when she was young, and Ill never complain about anything after hearing of her hunger as a child and working in a hotel kitchen for meals when she was 11, she never passed the eighth grade in school yet shes got more real world smarts.....sure miss the highway its been a long time since Ive rambled down those roads.... unless they pass a few thousand more regulations and make us all extinct.....God Bless all of you and keep the rubber to the Road...

Attachments

• Moms Daffodils.jpg
    Moms Daffodils.jpg
    558.3 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: cheri1122