The Global Warming Hoax.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Muttly, you should changed the title of this thread to USA WARMING HOAX. The article you linked is about incorrect temperature data for the U.S., not the rest of the world. While I don't buy into man-made climate change on a global scale, I don't care for ridiculous "evidence" that makes a lame attempt to refute it either.

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
Anybody have a ready answer for 400ppm CO2? Frogs belching a little more often these days due to the super hot Buffalo Wings they've been known to scarf down? I try to keep an open mind.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Muttly, you should changed the title of this thread to USA WARMING HOAX. The article you linked is about incorrect temperature data for the U.S., not the rest of the world. While I don't buy into man-made climate change on a global scale, I don't care for ridiculous "evidence" that makes a lame attempt to refute it either.

There is a WHOLE lot of two bit thimble riggin going on with this climate stuff. We are STILL in an ice age, and I would be surprised if it totally ends in the next 30-50 years, if at all.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It would not prove a thing if they DO melt! They have melted away completely before, will again, and then they will return. Nuthin new under the sun. This has ALL happened before.

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
It would not prove a thing if they DO melt! They have melted away completely before, will again, and then they will return. Nuthin new under the sun. This has ALL happened before.

The only real difference being that millions of people will lose their lives and America will almost definitely lose it's place as the big dude on the block. I've heard it put this way: if a giant chuck of space rock was hurtling towards us and we had the ability to deflect it, should we? Or should we just say "oh well, it's happened before, it's only natural".

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Lest we forget, Roald Amundsen, sailed the "Northwest Passage" over a 3 year period between 1903-06. He would have to wait out each winter for the summer thaw to all his boats to continue. Must have been pretty warm then, we STILL cannot do that now. The ice cover is still too great, even at it's summer lows.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The only real difference being that millions of people will lose their lives and America will almost definitely lose it's place as the big dude on the block. I've heard it put this way: if a giant chuck of space rock was hurtling towards us and we had the ability to deflect it, should we? Or should we just say "oh well, it's happened before, it's only natural".

Millions will not lose their lives. Things, and people, will just shift with it. Man is FAR more adaptable than many with to believe. It IS natural. We cannot stop it, or start it. Nothing we do will change that.

There will be, in the fullness of time, a total ice globe again. The continents will continue to shift, disrupting, and even stopping, ocean currents. Happened before, it will happen again.

Man too will go away, as all species do. Nothing can be done to change that either.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Cow_Farts_Washington_Fed_Government-610x400.jpg

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Then there is the reality:

Ice Ages – What are they and what causes them?

"What is an ice age?

An ice age is a long interval of time (millions to tens of millions of years) when global temperatures are relatively cold and large areas of the Earth are covered by continental ice sheets and alpine glaciers. Within an ice age are multiple shorter-term periods of warmer temperatures when glaciers retreat (called interglacials or interglacial cycles) and colder temperatures when glaciers advance (called glacials or glacial cycles).

At least five major ice ages have occurred throughout Earth’s history: the earliest was over 2 billion years ago, and the most recent one began approximately 3 million years ago and continues today (yes, we live in an ice age!).

Currently, we are in a warm interglacial that began about 11,000 years ago. The last period of glaciation, which is often informally called the “Ice Age,” peaked about 20,000 years ago. At that time, the world was on average probably about 10°F (5°C) colder than today, and locally as much as 40°F (22°C) colder."

http://geology.utah.gov/surveynotes/gladasked/gladice_ages.htm

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Then there is the reality:

Ice Ages – What are they and what causes them?

"What is an ice age?

An ice age is a long interval of time (millions to tens of millions of years) when global temperatures are relatively cold and large areas of the Earth are covered by continental ice sheets and alpine glaciers. Within an ice age are multiple shorter-term periods of warmer temperatures when glaciers retreat (called interglacials or interglacial cycles) and colder temperatures when glaciers advance (called glacials or glacial cycles).

At least five major ice ages have occurred throughout Earth’s history: the earliest was over 2 billion years ago, and the most recent one began approximately 3 million years ago and continues today (yes, we live in an ice age!).

Currently, we are in a warm interglacial that began about 11,000 years ago. The last period of glaciation, which is often informally called the “Ice Age,” peaked about 20,000 years ago. At that time, the world was on average probably about 10°F (5°C) colder than today, and locally as much as 40°F (22°C) colder."

http://geology.utah.gov/surveynotes/gladasked/gladice_ages.htm

Burr! No wonder i've been cold.

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
The echo chamber speaks!

But about that 400ppm CO2 in the atmosphere problem? Could it be from the humane society? Cat farts? Ya know, with all these cat videos on the internet... They have bodily functions too. Just saying. :)

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The echo chamber speaks!

But about that 400ppm CO2 in the atmosphere problem? Could it be from the humane society? Cat farts? Ya know, with all these cat videos on the internet... They have bodily functions too. Just saying. :)

I don't think anybody disputes your numbers. We just don't think it is man causing it.