The Debate

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
Air Force 1 belongs to us..and the standing president and his entourage are paid by us..part of the military budget Obama wants to cut...

this should fall under unfortunate facts..

The Prez is not the only one to cost taxpayers.
Mitt and Anne also get Secret Service protection and some campaign costs payed for:

Federal taxpayers could be on the hook for more than $136 million to cover the cost of the major political parties’ presidential nominating conventions.

Conventions cost federal taxpayers as much as $136 million – MarylandReporter.com

Important to note were some of the $ comes from:

The taxpayer subsidies for political conventions come through the Presidential Election Campaign Fund. The account is funded by taxpayers who choose to contribute $3 to it by checking a box on the federal income tax returns. About 33 million taxpayers contribute to the fund every year, according to the Federal Election Commission.

Political Conventions - Who Pays for Them

The Bush campaign spent nearly $7 million on Air Force 1 and 2. Only time will tell if Obama will exceed that amount.

2002: Between January 1 2002 and Election Day on November 5 2002, the President Bush and Vice President Cheney used military transport, including Air Force One and Two, to make at least 83 campaign related trips. The total estimated cost of this is $6.5 million, however, an estimated $198,000 of this was reimbursed, leaving tax payer to fund $6.3 million.

Air Force One - Tax Payer Treasure Hunt - Obama's Costs & Presidential Spending

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I love how it goes. If it's the opposition then $6.3M is nearly $7M but if it was the home team like Obama it would read something like barely spent $6M.

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
I love how it goes. If it's the opposition then $6.3M is nearly $7M but if it was the home team like Obama it would read something like barely spent $6M.

I didn't realize that Obama was our home team?
Actually, I used the 6.5M by mistake. My bad.:p

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Unfortunately Obama is the incumbent and Romney is the challenger. Edit in whatever identifiers you wish. I suspect the MSM see it as I posted it.

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Yep....and wait a few more days and the Chicago machine will make up something to trash Romney on. Just how Chicago politics works.