The Blessing of the Trucks

PreacherRich

Seasoned Expediter
Each year there are large gatherings of bikers that gather for the Blessing of the Bikes. Wouldn't it be cool at the Expo to have a short Blessing of the Trucks? Maybe right before the Cook Out or something? If anyone has any suggestions on how to get this done, this please let me know. I will help any way I can.

usaf6186

Veteran Expediter
For many years there have been blessing of the shrimp fleet ceremonies along the south Atlantic and gulf coast. The blessing is for safe sailing and good harvest for the up coming season. A truck blessing could be for safe travels and good freight. Jerry Lee

PreacherRich

Seasoned Expediter
What is the purpose, benefit, or reason for blessing a truck?

Will give you a summary, can't be on EO much today. Got loads to book!

A Blessing is basically prayer and speaking life, health, prosperity, peace and joy over a thing, place or person/people. Anytime people come together in agreement, seeking God it is a good thing. Purpose is to aknowlege God and thank Him and speak His will, His Word over ourselves, families, equipment and business. The benefit is great and in many cases unmeasurable. I will get into that more at a late point. Gotta get to work...

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Please don't leave out the drivers. Some of these guys could really use a good blessing...especially that one "Highway Star" guy. :D

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It sounds like a nice jesture however...
You need to brush up on your bible reading your worldly possessions houses, cars, pets, and material possesions are irrelivant they stay here. Blessing trucks sounds like a waste of time and can be considered Idolitry. Something as simple as a moment of prayer asking God to bless All Drivers is sufficient.
If drivers pray and ask for blessings then the blessings will come to them maby not in the time or way they want but they will come.
God dose not share command remember the first and second commandments, if not Look them up.

Last edited:

PreacherRich

Seasoned Expediter
It sounds like a nice jesture however...
You need to brush up on your bible reading your worldly possessions houses, cars, pets, and material possesions are irrelivant they stay here. Blessing trucks sounds like a waste of time and can be considered Idolitry. Something as simple as a moment of prayer asking God to bless All Drivers is sufficient.
If drivers pray and ask for blessings then the blessings will come to them maby not in the time or way they want but they will come.
God dose not share command remember the first and second commandments, if not Look them up.

Love the response was hoping to stay away from theological discussions in the General Forum or it will get moved. I will respond to this post in detail, in the appropriate forum this evening then post a link to it here. I understand your post but disagree that God is not concerned about every aspect of our lives. See post #5 and what would be prayed for. If we are more concerned about our stuff then God and other people then it is idolitry. But if we acknowledge God in all things and remember all the stuff that we have is His anyway, it's actually worship.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If enough would like this I say go for it. Those who don't believe or choose not to participate, that is fine too.

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Preacher Rich.

Maby I worded it the wrong way, I think the blessing is a good idea I just think blessings are for people and the possesions we borrow while here we should give thanks for. If I can make to the expo Id participate in a group blessing.

Ive found as soon as a post is up it always seems to take on a life of its own.

Bob Wolf

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
This year 5,000 attendees at the Expo. Next year 10,000 because of the Blessing of the Trucks!

There are Blessing of the Bikes functions throughout the country. In May of 2012 I attended the Blessing in Baldwin, MI. There had to be 40,000 bikes there. These functions have grown in size every year.

Truckers need all the blessings they can get to stay safe on the road.

I love the idea of the Blessing of the Trucks and perhaps it could start at the 2012 Expedite Expo.
You have my blessing to perform the blessing Preacher Rich!

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This year 5,000 attendees at the Expo. Next year 10,000 because of the Blessing of the Trucks!

Let's not be mixing in the multiplying of the loaves and fish with the blessing of the trucks. The expedite market is already overcrowded with trucks and those pesky vans!