The Big Lie

Status
Not open for further replies.

MANIAC

Seasoned Expediter
Well, we have been expediting for 3.5 years and have been with express 1, diamond delivery,and met john elliott about 3 years ago at the expo! We told him if we went anywhere else we would come over to load 1!
I wish we came over here from the start! Sindy and i have made more money in the month we have been here per mile than we have ever seen in 3.5 years! Now, that being said, david i do not know what axe you have to grind with load 1 or a personal thing with john, but i guarantee you, knowing the people that are leased here, and seeing the kind of people employed here, load 1 is point blank the best carrier and the best rate/mile carrier in the industry as far as we are concerned!
As far as you being retired in the phillipines or wherever you are at building your banana canoe, good deal! See ya

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Maby Im slow on the nero uptake today but,
I dont understand if a company screws thier drivers how they stay in business it may last a few weeks maby a year at best. Its simple word gets arround if you are a bad player you wont last no matter what business your in trucking, construction, etc.. I have seen load one trucks on a regular basis over the past few years since I started in 2007 so they must be doing somthing right.

As for the O/P, maby he got up on the wrong side of the bed or should I say hammok he forgot the number one rule of business. NEVER BASH YOUR COMPETITION ITS BAD CARMA, and it always comes back to bite you in the buttoks. I dont belive in blowing sunshine up anybodys skirt but I do list the good of own authority as well as the bad and the ugly.

Bob Wolf

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I dont think it has anything to do with Load1 actually. He thinks he is brewing up a pot of gold with this book he's going to write. This is just an attempt to draw some attention to his fabulous secrets to success!

I have no problem with his book and if the price was reasonable, I might consider buying one. Im not gonna let him trash John and LoadOne in the process though...with false information.

So far...the only "Big Lie" that Ive seen in this thread was committed by the OP.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
So, OVM says they have two Company owned straight trucks, John says they only have one. So the Company owned fleet of straight trucks is down 50% in less than a day. :p Is the Company going to stay in business with the drastic reduction in the fleet size?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
So, OVM says they have two Company owned straight trucks, John says they only have one. So the Company owned fleet of straight trucks is down 50% in less than a day. :p Is the Company going to stay in business with the drastic reduction in the fleet size?

I was mistaken, thought both were company owned, 1 company ,1 o/o...

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I dont think it has anything to do with Load1 actually. He thinks he is brewing up a pot of gold with this book he's going to write. This is just an attempt to draw some attention to his fabulous secrets to success!

I have no problem with his book and if the price was reasonable, I might consider buying one. Im not gonna let him trash John and LoadOne in the process though...with false information.

So far...the only "Big Lie" that Ive seen in this thread was committed by the OP.

The issue I see is that he never worked with Load 1 and I don't see regular complaints about Load 1. I flamed my former carrier on here not just because I was unhappy with them but because I believe there were a lot of ethical issues and questions of integrity with that company. I drove for another company that didn't necessarily force me to run illegally but it was highly encouraged and a second company that fired me after a major accident. I have nothing bad to say about either of those companies simply because they kept their word and weren't looking for ways to short the drivers. He can write a book about how easy it is to double your income just as anyone could simply by asking questions for free here and putting the knowledge in book form. I don't work for Load 1 and just found out that we might be competition on some freight but when you see this many happy drivers/cheerleaders it speaks for itself.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
As several people mentioned, David was a frequent poster here [Dhalltoyo] years ago. If you dig up some of the posts he wrote back then, what he says now will be much clearer.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
As several people mentioned, David was a frequent poster here [Dhalltoyo] years ago. If you dig up some of the posts he wrote back then, what he says now will be much clearer.

Including Highway Star's comment about Dhalltoyo's meds. That is not a joke. There is a history there that long-time readers recall. That's not to bash or minimize anyone's medical history made public by the person in question. It's just to say that history comes to mind when Dhalltoyo reverts to previous behaviors and comes across as he does.

Dhalltoyo, this seems like familiar ground. There is valuable feedback for you in this thread. I hope you can find your way to listen to and benefit from it.

Last edited:

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Thank you so very much Phil and others for your vain attempts to discredit me.
It is was to be expected and EO the clique responded in kind.

Let's see, I guess I am simply stupid for even remotely thinking I could post my opinions on EO without the all-knowing, all-seeing, all-powerful clique flexing their collective wisdom and proving once again that it is only their views that are credible. From your responses the casual observer would think you are clairvoyant. What am I doing right now? Wrong. I am drinking coffee. Yuck. Yuck.

Meds? My bouts with sleep apnea and high blood pressure are over. I lost weight and started exercising, so no need for any medications. Of course, the inner sanctum will now ask for photos and a statement from my physician; failure to produce such will result in more personal attacks. Shame on me? I trow not. It is shame on you and your arrogance. Phil, at least I did not threaten EO with a lawsuit to get my way, but you did.

I saved my posts from John regarding our Facebook exchange. FYI, FB has morphed into something much more than a social network to tell all your friends that you are shopping at Walmart. It has become a place to voice opinions and ideas. I was concerned when I began to post on FB; concerned that my fellow FB friends would not endure me because they wanted their own ideas reinforced rather than examined or challenged. To my pleasant surprise, I discovered vast numbers of readers who were excited about the prospect of being made to think, even if they did not always agree with me. And so my readers and I have created an environment where we love each other not because we agree all the time, but because we enjoy the experience of talking it over together. Every day we collaborate to show that communication, like a good relationship, is not something to be purchased or rejected, but something to be enjoyed together. Unfortunately, I and others could never find that on EO. When you challenge the old guard on EO they are offended because they allow pride to get in the way of open communication.

I met John at EO 2009. I explained to him that I wanted to establish a small carrier relationship with Load 1, but no one at their offices would respond to my requests. He seem disinterested, but he gave me a business card and wrote a name on the back of the card. He instructed me to call that person and assured me they would respond to my inquiry. Again, no response. OK. No problem we just move on. A few months later, 60mph and myself began to bid on their posted loads. We never got the first load, so we began to call them Load None. In fact, just to test them, we lowered our bids to rates that would have been a "break even" scenario for us. Still no loads awarded. No problem; we just don't run cheap freight. I even contacted John and asked him why we could not secure the first bid from Load 1 and all i got was a lot of company double speak. Again, no problem. It is a free country. Well, maybe.

And for all you professional expediters that don't think 53' footers take expedite loads, wake up because you are asleep at the wheel. I always asked the consignee if they had any freight that needed to be shipped now. Many times the dock supervisor would tell me, "Yes, but we are going to set those pallets on the back of that 53' footer because it is going right past the delivery point." But again, I guess I will have to produce recordings that attest to that fact so as to avoid being pummeled by the clique.

Enemy, to be very honest with you I never spent much time around TS corporate so I can only remember a few company owned trailers that they leased to those who owned tractors. If TS had company trucks when we were leased to them, I was unaware. Rogers Andrews has known me for 15 years and he works there, I am certain he would tell you that I never spoke of company owned trucks nor did I post on EO about TS company owned trucks.

Dale...I hold no grudges toward you. I wish you would show me the same courtesy. It is called grace.In the not to distant past the clique lambasted me for my comments regarding Express1. I worked with Express 1 and they were nice folks, but we disagreed on some of their policies. I cancelled my lease and moved on. But when folks on EO asked me why I left I told them. You ask a question, you get an answer. If you do not like the answer, disregard it; what is the problem? At that time many in the clique were leased to Express 1. Then they jumped ship and moved over to Load 1. So for now Load 1 is the favorite child in the world of lease O/O's. And in a few years it will be somebody else. Phil was the poster child and promo boy for FedEx, now he is at Landstar. Get the point? Enough said?

Turtle just so know, I loved Panther as a small carrier. They were extremely fair and reasonable. In fact, 50%+ of my revenues came from them. Thank you for providing me the opportunity to cover their loads in your absence.

I will try my best NOT to waste time here after this post. Maybe an occasional visit to the loading dock. I will respond to the PM's sent to me and to those of you that have my email address.

Time to secure the boat. It is the rainy season here. For any drivers who want a super vacation, I will be glad to assist you with coming to the Philippines. Keep in mind that I am a drug crazed nut that knows nothing about business. Hahahaha. But if you like, you can visit my travel agencies on FB. Seabourn Tours, El Nido Tours and Island Cruise Tours. There are actual testimonies from guests that should dispel any negative attacks from the EO clique. And if you come, I will treat you to an island hopping tour and a BBQ lunch.

Take care and God Bless.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm kinda surprised this thread hasn't been locked already. Letting a thread continue when the sole purpose is to rag on a carrier isn't the usual pattern.

I note that so far, only the OP is having a cow over Load 1. All the drivers that lease for them seem happy enough, if the company were real bad news I would expect to have heard much more about it before now. There have been, are, and will continue to be companies that are garbage to work for, but Load 1 doesn't appear to be one of them.

I don't drive for Load 1, I'm just fascinated by the fact that this thread has the "legs" it seems to have.

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
I met John at EO 2009. I explained to him that I wanted to establish a small carrier relationship with Load 1, but no one at their offices would respond to my requests. He seem disinterested, but he gave me a business card and wrote a name on the back of the card. He instructed me to call that person and assured me they would respond to my inquiry. Again, no response. OK. No problem we just move on. A few months later, 60mph and myself began to bid on their posted loads. We never got the first load, so we began to call them Load None. In fact, just to test them, we lowered our bids to rates that would have been a "break even" scenario for us. Still no loads awarded. No problem; we just don't run cheap freight. I even contacted John and asked him why we could not secure the first bid from Load 1 and all i got was a lot of company double speak. Again, no problem. It is a free country. Well, maybe.

Now we have the motive for such attacks. The OP is obviously suffering severe mental trauma because Load1 choose NOT to award his top his notch award winning , top trade secret , high profit, expedite company any loads. Keep talking and let's see what else we can get you to reveal!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I am sorry but I don't remember meeting you, but I have no reason to doubt your story. Still not sure for the motive as it is years later. You are attacking us because we didn't give a one or two vehicle brand new carrier loads back in 2009? I am sure I gave him the name of the person in charge of brokerage for that division. 2009 was not really a banner freight year as most people will remember. I am sure I explained to him that we look to work with more established carriers that have a track record. We also look to work with carriers on Sylectus VF as this makes our job easier and allows us complete visibility for tracking. We also prefer our carriers to be satellite equipped. Last but not least unless you are taking freight from LARGE brokers, relationship is huge and the most critical factor. Those take time and have to be nurtured, just as we have to do with our brokers and customers. Call it the company line, I call it the facts of life and in my opinion good business. While the op touts his success, I applaud him for it. Our track record as a company speaks for itself.

As for the rest of the post, seems like a bunch of personal stuff so I am not going to weigh in on that.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I am sorry but I don't remember meeting you, but I have no reason to doubt your story. Still not sure for the motive as it is years later. You are attacking us because we didn't give a one or two vehicle brand new carrier loads back in 2009? I am sure I gave him the name of the person in charge of brokerage for that division. 2009 was not really a banner freight year as most people will remember. I am sure I explained to him that we look to work with more established carriers that have a track record. We also look to work with carriers on Sylectus VF as this makes our job easier and allows us complete visibility for tracking. We also prefer our carriers to be satellite equipped. Last but not least unless you are taking freight from LARGE brokers, relationship is huge and the most critical factor. Those take time and have to be nurtured, just as we have to do with our brokers and customers. Call it the company line, I call it the facts of life and in my opinion good business. While the op touts his success, I applaud him for it. Our track record as a company speaks for itself.

As for the rest of the post, seems like a bunch of personal stuff so I am not going to weigh in on that.

I do find the title to this thread and the purpose of it to be the big lie.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
As I said above, Dhalltoyo, there is valuable feedback for you in this thread. I hope you can find your way to listen to and benefit from it.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
As I said above, Dhalltoyo, there is valuable feedback for you in this thread. I hope you can find your way to listen to and benefit from it.

He is to busy pouting because his idea of doubling his income by becoming a partner carrier with a company that will do the work for you wasn't as easy as he thought.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Well, its a new day, and I dont see any reason to let this ridiculous thread go on. Dont understand the personal agenda here, but oh well.

Locked.

Dale

Status
Not open for further replies.