The 70's and Vietnam

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
8 for me. I had no idea which museum houses the staircase, but the song played [to signal withdrawal] was my clumsy fingers - I knew the right answer, lol.
It's not about how well you know the war, though - it's just trivia. It says nothing about why the US felt it necessary to get into the war, and isn't that kind of important?

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's not about how well you know the war, though - it's just trivia. It says nothing about why the US felt it necessary to get into the war, and isn't that kind of important?
At this point in history.... Yes.....but I just wanted to keep it light.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I made this, hope it counts.
I got sunburned, lost weight,some hearing loss,and VA health care, so I guess I made 100%

Usually 120 miles off the Vietnam coast , off and on for about 9 months, flight-deck roof rat/ jet engine mechanic, the usual , launching planes, loading rockets/bombs, normal sailing around the South Pacific,,,ahhh the Philippines .lol 46 years ago....mercy I'm old.

Reactions: xmudman

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
My daughter served on the Theodore Roosevelt, the TR, America's Big Stick (CVN-71)
If she worked with the aircrews or anything to do with the flight deck, there is a flight deck veterans group on facebook she can check it out, but then again there are other Navy groups to on facebook...

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
I graduated high school in 1997. In the 12 year span I was in grade school, Vietnam was addressed exactly zero times.

I recieved a very :censoredsign:ty score.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I graduated high school in 1997. In the 12 year span I was in grade school, Vietnam was addressed exactly zero times.

I recieved a very ****ty score.
Seriously, no conflict past WWII was given more than an hour of attention.
Ya really need to do some research on Viet Nam, LBJ, Nixon, and the anti-war movement and how they nearly tore this county apart.