That's a woman for ya!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Winning in a man's world? What did she win? Nothing that I know of. All she did was drive fast on an empty track. Only time will tell if she can ever win. So far her track record is not very good in that regard. In fact, so far she is a professional loser.

Happy to see the NASCAR season starting, I have had trouble napping with no NASCAR or football on TV. NASCAR sleeps SO much better than football! :p

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
A woman on a pole... in Daytona Beach. Is that really news? :D

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Danica did a very good job today. She ran in the front of the pack most of the day, led a couple laps and was in a position to compete for the win. I think her lack of experience probably showed when she dropped from 3rd to 8th (or whatever it was) on the final lap. She was likely trying to hang on to a great finish rather than be aggressive....which, ironically, cost her part of that great finish. Still pretty darn good though. I haven't looked at the race results, but there has to be some really high profile drivers that finished well behind her.

I'm not a Danica fan, but I'll give credit where it's due. She did a fine job today.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
She ran a great race and set a few records. First woman to start from the pole position. First woman to lead laps at the 500. Highest finish for a woman. I was glad to see Mark Martin finish third although I'd rather he'd won. I was glad to see Ryan Newman finish fifth also.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
She ran a great race and set a few records. First woman to start from the pole position. First woman to lead laps at the 500. Highest finish for a woman. I was glad to see Mark Martin finish third although I'd rather he'd won. I was glad to see Ryan Newman finish fifth also.

I went to sleep around lap 26 and did not wake up until there was only 18 laps left. NASCAR does wonders for my naps!

I don't really care about it enough to even know more than a few drivers names.

What it boils down to is that ONE person won and everyone else lost. There is only one winner and the losers. Danica was one of the losers, AGAIN. At least she didn't wreck this time.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Yes she did a great job. She dropped back because no one would push her. She was upset in her intervue at the end. Saw the mean streak from what articles talk about her. Man or woman, not many veterans are going to push a rookie to the front. Her attitude came out live on TV. A female form of Kyle.