That's a new one

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Some former members got beat up in the Soap Box forum and couldn't bear to continue to contribute on the other forums so dropped out. Most members here are owner/operators or fleet owners. Meaning, we are risk takers and work without a safety net. As such we tend to vote Republican, prefer less government control and welfare. We make it or we don't. If we don't make it, we go to plan B.

I'd make a comment about thin skinned liberals but Rags and a few other open minded individuals are still hanging with us.

Was the battleground fair & open or did you have the principle in your corner holding the big stick?

Moot don't mind me, I was just fishing ...

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Many have stopped posting or even coming back on here because of certain moderators punishing members for broken rules that they themselves are guilty of breaking.

I have also been told by others that the reason they dont come in here anymore is that it's like a "click" so to speak, of a handful of members who basically ran the thread conversations, and more or less chased some others off, new or old in the business and website.

I'm just repeating what was told to me in conversations over the years.

The addition of this SoG person, if our speculations hold true, has turned this website into a "Jerry Springer" sort of website for the expediting industry.
I'm not so sure SoG is a plant. I've seen some of the same posts from him on TTR.
The "Jerry Springer " show on EO started about 3 1/2 years ago . Well we ALL know how that turned out..
But even though things can't go back to what they once were , improvements can be made . But it shouldn't have to be EO members that do ALL the work . A Sign from Management would help in earning Our Trust back . What Rags said about this new "Over the Top " poster also being on another site just makes me wander was "he " recruited for possible financial gain ..? Time will possibly answer that question.

Reactions: guido4475

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
..... What Rags said about this new "Over the Top " poster also being on another site just makes me wander was "he " recruited for possible financial gain ..?

I really don't think he was part of a management conspiracy. He's showed up on both sites about the same time asking the same questions. For some reason he seemed to like EO better ( can't say i blame him) and has been silent on TTR while having some fun here. I kind of hope he stickes around.

Reactions: ntimevan

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I really don't think he was part of a management conspiracy. He's showed up on both sites about the same time asking the same questions. For some reason he seemed to like EO better ( can't say i blame him) and has been silent on TTR while having some fun here. I kind of hope he stickes around.
Time will tell ..
But we've had alot of Newbies ask questions or post stupid comments in the past . But plastering all the new topics and over the top its Small Straight truck comments has Everyone ' s Alert buzzer going off .

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Time will tell ..
But we've had alot of Newbies ask questions or post stupid comments in the past . But plastering all the new topics and over the top its Small Straight truck comments has Everyone ' s Alert buzzer going off .

Remember..... the questions and comments are only stupid to us.

Reactions: ntimevan

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Remember..... the questions and comments are only stupid to us.
Maybe , some seems scripted .
Remember a couple of years ago the "Woman " that came on EO telling us all how to do things . She owned her own company then after years as a driver and some Military Experience if i remember right . She was looking for a Word Fight and after we stopped responding to her comments, boom she was gone .. This to will pass , as for now he is on my Ignore list . Out of site out of mind ...

Reactions: RoadTime

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Some former members got beat up in the Soap Box forum and couldn't bear to continue to contribute on the other forums so dropped out. Most members here are owner/operators or fleet owners. Meaning, we are risk takers and work without a safety net. As such we tend to vote Republican, prefer less government control and welfare. We make it or we don't. If we don't make it, we go to plan B.

I'd make a comment about thin skinned liberals but Rags and a few other open minded individuals are still hanging with us.

Was the battleground fair & open or did you have the principle in your corner holding the big stick?

No one’s holding me.
Like our famous Iowa resident, I’ve got the newbie on ignore.
Gonna sit this one out.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Many have stopped posting or even coming back on here because of certain moderators punishing members for broken rules that they themselves are guilty of breaking.

I have also been told by others that the reason they dont come in here anymore is that it's like a "click" so to speak, of a handful of members who basically ran the thread conversations, and more or less chased some others off, new or old in the business and website.

I'm just repeating what was told to me in conversations over the years.

The addition of this SoG person, if our speculations hold true, has turned this website into a "Jerry Springer" sort of website for the expediting industry.
I'm not so sure SoG is a plant. I've seen some of the same posts from him on TTR.
The "Jerry Springer " show on EO started about 3 1/2 years ago . Well we ALL know how that turned out..
But even though things can't go back to what they once were , improvements can be made . But it shouldn't have to be EO members that do ALL the work . A Sign from Management would help in earning Our Trust back . What Rags said about this new "Over the Top " poster also being on another site just makes me wander was "he " recruited for possible financial gain ..? Time will possibly answer that question.

Exactly what kind of "sign" are you referring to? Like what ..?

dalscott

Expert Expediter

Are you kidding? Trump is probably the most thinned skinned person I’ve ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Time will tell ..

I think there's more that goes on in this wacky marketplace than we see or realize. A few years ago being non-exclusive (often referred to as multi) was looked down upon. Now, it's quiet common. Not a scarlet letter like it once was.

That being said, this stuff has a different flavor. But it's not out of the norm for many out there. This is their way of operating. I've stated my opinion, I think laws matter.

I don't think management has anything to do with this new guy popping onto the scene.

Last edited:

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Are you kidding? Trump is probably the most thinned skinned person I’ve ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Oh, let's not take this thread in that direction. Trump thread stage left ...

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

No one’s holding me.
Like our famous Iowa resident, I’ve got the newbie on ignore.
Gonna sit this one out.

Oh? That's a quick about face ... What happened to turn the other cheek?