That Time of the Year AC lovers...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I kinda goofed...should be more for everyone..not carrier specific...

Reminder time....anyone with an outside cord..LIFT it UP....ants are attracted to the water from an AC unit and just love to climb that cord from a gen or whatever.....Repellant the cord and your tires when parked especially in Texas....check for ants whenever you get out where ever ya are...JuJu and I have been infested twice and it is no fun....

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Those Famous "El Paso" Red Ants...

It is sooo easy to forget to pickup that cord....I do it all the time...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Those Famous "El Paso" Red Ants...

It is sooo easy to forget to pickup that cord....I do it all the time...
We got invested twice in Georgia...the little red sand ants!! At the Jackson J...south of Atlanta....they love the water on a hot summer day!!!

RETIDEPXE

Veteran Expediter
Yup, little buggers got me in Biloxi, MS up the gene cord....a nice long line of them marching all the way from front to back down the frame rail. Found them when I woke up with something crawling on me, but luckily the kind that didn't bite . Chased them for days, finally died off after putting a couple baits in the box where they committed a Jones Town on themselves. Also, watch the mud flaps against the curb. Fixed all this with a EU2000 in the toolbox.

guido4475

Not a Member
Albany, Ga, in my old straight truck...Up the inside of the tire, along the air line to the frame,along the frame, to a wire going into the firewall...

Lancaster, Tx, at the J, in the van...The little boogers actually shimmied down the cb antenna on the roof,(Antenna was touching a tree branch) and inside the van where the coax came in...So, at 3 in the morning, I go to the rv island and flush em and drown them..

Followed Ken's advice..I have an industial size can of ant killer with me..

zero3nine

Veteran Expediter
I just sprinkle boric acid around my tires in ANTicipation of this. I don't have any external cords to worry about.

fired at you from my Droideka

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Besides the water from an AC running that will attract them...I notice people will sweep out, clean mats while on layover....right where they are parked.....all them little crumbs of food and goodies is like setting up a buffet for an ant.....

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
If its a dry spring in Texas, like it has been, they will come out lookn for water. The "fire" ants, carpenter ants and swarming termites are a problem this time of year cause they are all on the move.

If you have a problem with flies while sitting, take a sealable baggy and fill it with water, seal it and hang it with a piece of string. Don't know why, but the flies avoid the area. There is an Apple pie shop in the hill country I learned that from that has been doing for years. No flies while you're eating the best Apple pie.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
In Clearly Tx, at the marinas where there are a lot of ducks, we sprinkle cayanne pepper on the docks. For some reason, they won't walk on it.