Thanksgiving Leftovers

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As Thanksgiving approaches the one question weighs heavy on your mind, what to do with the leftover turkey? Well here's your answer....take as much bird off the bone as possible and toss it in the crock pot, chop up some onion, green pepper and if you like spice throw in some chopped jalapeños, salt and pepper some garlic powder, cover it with your favorite BBQ sauce, stir it up and crank it on high. Let it cook about a hour and come back and smell and stir. Now make up some slaw, and not that bag crap they sell. Sammich slaw doesn't have carrots in it. After a few hours come back and smell and stir and try to break up the big chunks. Turn to low and let it go a few hours more, get your favorite bun out. Scoop out some goodness slap on some slaw. You've just made a mighty fine pulled turkey BBQ sammich. You can thank me later.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I give most of my leftovers to family members. Turkey once a year is far too many times for me. Don't like that "stuff" from the store.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My family won't take leftovers!! And I'm not a fan of turkey, but this way I'll eat it.

I would prefer venison stew, or duck soup. I make my family sign agreements to take the "stuff" off my hands or they are not allowed over! :p

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I think I would skip the garlic powder and put in a tablespoon of minced garlic. Starting with diced venison would help it too! LOL!!;)

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I make my family sign agreements to take the "stuff" off my hands or they are not allowed over! :p

If they don't sign what time do I pick up the turkey? Lots to do with that bird.. Starting with sandwiches for the next 2 days.. Then soup.. I prefer a store bought over the wild birds. Properly do to the cook knowing how to prepare it. Will still eat a wild bird but when I think turkey I think KROGER..:D

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If they don't sign what time do I pick up the turkey? Lots to do with that bird.. Starting with sandwiches for the next 2 days.. Then soup.. I prefer a store bought over the wild birds. Properly do to the cook knowing how to prepare it. Will still eat a wild bird but when I think turkey I think KROGER..:D

Yeah, all those antibiotics, steroids, and unhealthy foods given to those birds do wonders for the flavor to be sure! :p NUM NUMS! LOL!!!