Telling Dispatchers To Go..........

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Underdog is a genius with the way he will get his escrow money before he quits. lol. You're right about drivin a truck "it ain't no rocket science!" But it does take a certain level of skill to drive a big truck accident free. I have seen a grown man break down in tears because he was afraid to drive a bobtail on the freeway. Needless to say, that man had to pack his bags and head for home at the end of the day. So don't diminish the skillset needed to drive a tractor trailer. Now a cargo van; my grandmother can drive one of them things with one eye closed. lol.

You get your escrow by doing things according to your contract and that's not rocket science.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
the escrow is money you already made! next thing I can drive a big truck also. the reason they take tge escrow is so you will return qc. I still will send mine back. but I want have to wait for money owed to me

Last edited:

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
ive cussed them on phone at panther and wrote it on qc many times. of just how sorry of a company they are it could be the reason im sitting alot. but who cares! :) I exercise my freedom of speech very well

did you know.... the word Friggin , is a bad word ?? or just using the letters BS ... uh huh .. very bad.
a good chunk of the dispatchers at panther never been drivers ....

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
I have driven Expedited since 1993,and I hate to inform of this but there is no need to cuss at or cuss at all when speaking to dispatch. It doesn't matter if you have been treated unfairly or not. What do you think it will get you. A no force dispatch works both ways,you don't have to take a load and they don't have to give you a load. I can not count how many times I have been dispatched around,over, under and everything else. I would never cuss on the phone with dispatch or anyone else.I have had customers cuss at me when I did not deserve it and I just answer with a polite I'm sorry sir. At one time FedEx had there one refusal policy,refuse one load and you had to take the next load or be taken out of service until you called in to explain why you refused To Service The Customer. I was always being taken out of service but for some reason after calling in with my explanation with in an hour or so I would have a load I was happy with. Sorry about the rant but there just is no excuse!
Haven't you heard the old saying Honey will get you more than Vinegar!

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
did you know.... the word Friggin , is a bad word ?? or just using the letters BS ... uh huh .. very bad.
a good chunk of the dispatchers at panther never been drivers ....

Even more drivers have never been dispatchers.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
If the escrow is $1000, how did you make all of your escrow back? Lets say your rate is .77 plus FSC, they only advance on the linehaul. So, .77 x say 1800 miles 1386. But you can only get .55 percent of the linehaul. That would be 762.30. Panther might take you up on that. And that is assuming no miles driven after a pickup.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
You call in and talk to me like that, let's see who gets the next load if you and another truck are in the same area. I imagine a lot of other people operate that way as well.

Wolverine

Seasoned Expediter
at the rine what they going to do but cry? you ppl on here act like you know something!! guess what youre driving a fcking truck wake up and look around you! you must think you are a dr or lawyer!

Either you are The Mother Of Trolls....or someone stitched too deep when that stupid fedora was sewn to your head!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
You call in and talk to me like that, let's see who gets the next load if you and another truck are in the same area. I imagine a lot of other people operate that way as well.

From a carrier standpoint, a larger concern would be that if you are comfortable talking to dispatchers in that fashion, it is likely that same person will talk to a customer that way.
Some just don't have the ability to articulate themselves very well.

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Never had any reason to get short with A dispatcher and have always been treated with respect. But if I ever got one of those calls like I hear some of you get that asks you how cheap will you run to get you out of an area that we put you in in the first place. Thats no way to treat A driver or to ask them to run their straight truck for the rate of A sprinter while they are shaking those pom poms in your face.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Never had any reason to get short with A dispatcher and have always been treated with respect. But if I ever got one of those calls like I hear some of you get that asks you how cheap will you run to get you out of an area that we put you in in the first place. Thats no way to treat A driver or to ask them to run their straight truck for the rate of A sprinter while they are shaking those pom poms in your face.

That's not what it is. If the driver wants regular rate he tells them. If he is comfortable going for less to get out of a slow spot he says so. I drop a dime if I feel it is needed and have not yet had them book a load for what I tell them I would go for its always been more. Even with a dime drop it would still be more than some bigger places run for and normally is all miles.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
I've spoken my mind a few times like when some broker said I didn't know my *** from a hole in the ground because they gave me an address that the shipper moved from 10 years ago! So I took a picture of the building and sent it to them with a big fu attached to it ,took em 3 hrs to call me with the correct info

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
There is a tornado emergency in st louis at this time and oklahoma city has flash flooding with wind gusts of 87 mph please watch over your trucks!!!

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
on the escrow they going to keep 250 for a qc restock which is lets pull it out and put in another fools van. and to all you who judge the way I run your idoits. two years this tine around never late on either end and no complaints. back in 08 I was late once due to break down . the ones judgeing the way I run are just puppetst to the game. ive been in this business longer than yall really know! I started with a fleet owner that I found on this site! and guess panther put him out of business goid guy to he did a big post on here a couple years ago